• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese version of B2/W2

Years
I'm wondering if anyone will try out the Japanese version, or get it?
since the Japanese version of B2/W2 is coming up (or already came) this month around, it's about 4 months earlier than the release of the US version

personally I did try the Japanese version of B/W but I didn't get past my home town since I felt it's pointless to go far in a game I'll dump pretty soon, and it's not like I could understand anything lol
I just wanted to get a feel of the game

so will you do that in B2/W2?

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
No. Don't wanna have to play a game I can't understand. Besides, the fans'll make some translation very soon after the game is released.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
I was really considering buying Black 2 in Japanese, but several factors made me just go with English.

1. Money
2. If its region-locked, I won't be able to play it since my DS Lite is basically shot (I have a 3DS and DSi, so I can play the English)
3. The time between the Japanese release and American release is going to be much shorter than it normally would be.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I'm going to wait for the UK release for reasons already mentioned in the above posts.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I'll be playing the Japanese version. I find it fun guessing where to go.

All items have pictures now, so I'll know what each item is.
I clearly know what each Pokemon is.
I can distinguish any move by the PP / base power / type it is.
My only trouble will be if someone wants me to fly back to a town...and I won't have any idea. Like said above, someone will translate all the basics mad fast because all moves and Pokemon and stuff are exactly the same.

I'll also be doing a Let's Play of it, so you can watch me struggle if you want, haha.
I've played tons of Japanese Wii / PSP games, and I've managed to get around in those.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
Years
I don't speak Japanese so I will wait for the official English release since I like to enjoy my gaming experience. As far as the user translation goes, its release will probably be the same week B/W 2 are released.

Years
I'll be playing the Japanese version. I find it fun guessing where to go.

All items have pictures now, so I'll know what each item is.
I clearly know what each Pokemon is.
I can distinguish any move by the PP / base power / type it is.
My only trouble will be if someone wants me to fly back to a town...and I won't have any idea. Like said above, someone will translate all the basics mad fast because all moves and Pokemon and stuff are exactly the same.

I'll also be doing a Let's Play of it, so you can watch me struggle if you want, haha.
I've played tons of Japanese Wii / PSP games, and I've managed to get around in those.

I wish I had half your determination haha! I will definitely be watching, and you actually made me want to go as far as I could in the Japanese game since I'll probably get it

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Don't get me wrong people, I would MUCH RATHER have my stuff in English. I'm not one of those people who are all JP or gtfo. I only play Japanese games that don't come overseas, or ones where I am extremely impatient. Pokemon is one of those things ; ;

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
I've bought several Japanese Pokemon versions in the past, but honestly I wish I'd just waited for the USA release.

For instance, when I was in Japan and FR/LG was just coming out the desire to have it was too much, BUT the Japanese wireless adapter didn't work with American games! :(

Fiendly

Never let go.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I've bought several Japanese Pokemon versions in the past, but honestly I wish I'd just waited for the USA release.

For instance, when I was in Japan and FR/LG was just coming out the desire to have it was too much, BUT the Japanese wireless adapter didn't work with American games! :(

When you're in another country who is releasing it, it does get hard to NOT buy it since you know it'd be awhile till release.

I'll be waiting, it's only a few months.. I have my White at the moment to play as well as I have a few other games in the meantime.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I have changed my mind about this several times, I was going to get it when they 1st announced it was coming, then about a month after that I said I wasn't getting it and then 2 days ago I heard about the events that are coming the end of this month for the Jap. game and decided I was going to get them, now once again I am undecided on wheather to get both or just the 1!!

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Another positive reason is easier access to Japanese Pokemon for breeding shiny Pokemanz. I don't like like haxin' for shinies. Only stuff I will do are texture hax, like playing as N or making the battlefield more epic. I'm going to have Black 2 in Japanese, then White 2 in English.

Years
I could import it but I can't read Japanese and I'd have to rely on Google Translate.

I'll just wait for the Australian release.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
^@ ~RNC~
i was undecided too until i realized

One of my favorite things about pokemon (or any other game) is the storyline

Even though pokemons story line is repetative, i still get a kick out of watching the storyline progress and READING the non specific characters conversation

So no, i will not spend 40$ on a game I cannot understand

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
I want to play the English version too, but since I'm short on money this year, I have a Japanese 3DS and there's region-locking on BW2 AND I want those new features only available to the 3DS, I'll have to make do with the Japanese version.

Oh well. It's not too much of a problem for me, since I know a fair amount of Japanese, and my Chinese can also help me read the kanji (assuming BW2 still have that kanji feature).

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I want to play the English version too, but since I'm short on money this year, I have a Japanese 3DS and there's region-locking on BW2 AND I want those new features only available to the 3DS, I'll have to make do with the Japanese version.

Oh well. It's not too much of a problem for me, since I know a fair amount of Japanese, and my Chinese can also help me read the kanji (assuming BW2 still have that kanji feature).

I always thought they put the games in Katakana and Hiragana? Then again it's been a while since I played a Pokemon game in Japanese so things could have easily changed since then. :3

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I'm not sure what I'll do. I may play the untranslated japanese rom, or I may played a translated version of the Japanese rom. I will play it some however, because Fall 2012 is too far away to wait.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I'm going to start untranslated, but I'm pretty sure they'll have a move / ability / item translations within a week, tops.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Just pre-ordered it for my birthday.

I'm all for plot and storyline, and it's going to stink that I won't understand it, but I'll be posting videos and looking up translations online for everything I read(and probably put those translations in my youtube videos). I'm pretty sure some genius, amazing/awesome people will put everything in English once it comes out. I hope so, otherwise I'm going to suuuck

Also, I think it would be a lot more challenging and exciting not knowing where you're going and having to figure out the puzzle by yourself. Plus, you get to be one of the first few to play a brand new, completely hyped-up game! I'm more excited for this than ever. I don't want to wait months for it to come out in the U.S. lol.

I've never gotten a foreign game before... but uhh, hopefully it'll be cool. :'D
I'm not a OMG-JAPAN-DESU nerd btw. Just an overly anxious nerd.

Back