• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infraction system information and questions

Sonic YE

Pokemon Special Fan
Years
Hi,

I presently have a question about the Double-Posting.
Let's say you create a thread for a question and one-two days laters, you get no reply. What is considered to be a Double-Post? Do reply after one week without any answer are considered Double-Post or Up?

If of course, we don't revive a thread before 1 month passed. ;)

Thank for your help,

EDIT: Small question not about rules, I'm sometimes having trouble with posting, we say "You can only post URL after 15 posts, but I did not insert any URL! Thanks again.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
Hey, I think I got a misled infraction.

Yesterday (pretty much), I got a link to another forum/website in a PM from "Electivire_is_awesome" (and honestly who gives a damn if he'll see that), so I reported him. Today I got an infraction for advertising another site though a PM, by the user "Went". I never did that, and I don't haveany intentions to, mainly because this site and a site that's obvious for everyone are the only Pokemon sites I use.

The (important) content of Went's post was that:
Reason: Linking to other forums

The staff member who issued the infraction has included the following message:

Advertising other forums via PM is against the rules :x You can have a link in your signature, but telling other members to join them is not allowed, sorry.
The content of "Electivire_is_awesome"'s post was that:
hey

want to join this great forum site

*Site censored by ShinyMeganium*
So, if you will i'd like it to be treated, it's kinda annoying when I try to support the forum and get an infraction because some admin doesn't know how to read a report properly.
And if it's about not censoring the site in the report; first, it's not my fault. Second, you're admins, you shouldn't even think about entering it. Third; my infraction was about a PM, not infraction.
Have a nice day.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
...sorted that out, I just clicked the wrong link >>;

We also are humans, you know. I'm sorry.
Blah sorry for the (pretty much) angry post, I probably should've only send this one (more...softly) instead of what I did.

Anyways, I just got back home after a few hours of chasing my neffus, so it came out of me like that, sorry again XD
Sorted out, yeah~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
EDIT: Small question not about rules, I'm sometimes having trouble with posting, we say "You can only post URL after 15 posts, but I did not insert any URL! Thanks again.
If you add just a link to somewhere/something, it will automatically wrap [url[/url] around. That rule also includes not being able to post images of any kind in posts. You may, however, post images or links in your signature, as the rule does not apply there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I got a warning cause I did something stupid lol xD anyways will you still be able to see the Infraction column when the warning expires?

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I got a warning cause I did something stupid lol xD anyways will you still be able to see the Infraction column when the warning expires?

It'll still show up, but it'll say that it's expired. So even though it doesn't dissapear off of your profile, after it's expired it won't count against you at all. So yeah.. pretend it doesn't exist after that. :x

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019

It'll still show up, but it'll say that it's expired. So even though it doesn't dissapear off of your profile, after it's expired it won't count against you at all. So yeah.. pretend it doesn't exist after that. :x
awww...I don't want to look like a rule breaker T-T

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I have a question:
OK, I understand that infractions are just warnings, but is this any different from referrals?

Years
So wait, I've been spending weeks thinking that other people can see my infractions?
:O
Oh and, with the notice at the top of the page, if we already know we have infraction points and it tells us every time we log on, is there no way to turn that off? Or is it a mandatory thing?

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
So wait, I've been spending weeks thinking that other people can see my infractions?
:O
Oh and, with the notice at the top of the page, if we already know we have infraction points and it tells us every time we log on, is there no way to turn that off? Or is it a mandatory thing?

Don't need to worry there.. you, and the staff are the only one's who can see your infraction points. xD Everyone else might as well just forget that that tab exists for you. >_>

& That's probably a stuck notification.. :/ It might go away on it's own eventually, but I know to fix that with VMs you have to go delete a few of them. Maybe one of the s-mods could delete/redo one of the infractions.. that would reset it, and might fix the problem.

Years

& That's probably a stuck notification.. :/ It might go away on it's own eventually, but I know to fix that with VMs you have to go delete a few of them. Maybe one of the s-mods could delete/redo one of the infractions.. that would reset it, and might fix the problem.
Yeah... But I wasn't talking about a pop-up... although that would have been nice... Rather than being scared to death when I read that PM... a pop-up to pre-empt it?
Anyways,
Oh and yes it does go away after browsing around the sight a bit... but every time I log on, I see it, at the top of my page, and yes, I know I have 4 infraction points, I know the consequences.... it just takes up vertical space. It's kinda annoying.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Yeah... But I wasn't talking about a pop-up... although that would have been nice... Rather than being scared to death when I read that PM... a pop-up to pre-empt it?
Anyways,
Oh and yes it does go away after browsing around the sight a bit... but every time I log on, I see it, at the top of my page, and yes, I know I have 4 infraction points, I know the consequences.... it just takes up vertical space. It's kinda annoying.

Oh, it's a pop-up? :/ I'd say just disable your pop-up notification for that type of message, but then it would do that for all of them, soo.. ><; hmm. I can see how it'd be annoying, though. Wish I could tell you how to actually fix it. x_x

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I know it is against the rules to ask for Rom files, but would it still be against the rules to ask for someone to Email the link to the Rom to my personal email then? Cause the link wouldn't be posted on this site, they'd be sending it to my email address.

Years
I know it is against the rules to ask for Rom files, but would it still be against the rules to ask for someone to Email the link to the Rom to my personal email then? Cause the link wouldn't be posted on this site, they'd be sending it to my email address.

Surely you can just PM them and ask 'em to do that...I think...Right?

Anyways, there's one thing I wanna make myself clear on...I wanted to check the other Pages, but my Computer is being Terrible at the Moment. Taken me 5 Minutes to post this, and that's AFTER clickin' Post Reply D:<. Anyway, the Question:

If someone has received a Warnin' for an Offence, it expires, and they commit said Offence at a later Time, does the Warnin' become an Infraction or is a new Warnin' bestowed upon 'em?

:t152:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
It pretty much depends on the severity of the action, the time from the warning and the judgement of the mod. Sometimes you might even get an infraction right the first time if your post is too bad, so yeah, there isn't an exact rule for that.

Back