• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru shuffled his feet awkwardly. "Sooo..." He didn't know what to say, but he had a feeling Kayla was on to him. She had found out so quickly! He felt like he had to do something, but he didn't know what. He might as well let Holly know how he felt. "Ah screw it. I have to tell you something Holly...I can't fight this feeling anymore. I've forgotten what I started fighting for. And I have to crawl upon the floor, come crushing through your door, baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore." He felt a certain tune pop into his head...Like he had heard that in a song. He didn't know what do next, so he acted on impulse. He leaned down and kissed Holly on the lips.

Years
Kayla looked back and sighed. "Maybe I shouldn't have left them alone... Holly can be clueless about things sometimes." She turned around and walked back towards where she had left the two teens. She was surprised to see that they were... kissing? "I leave for one second and I miss everything!" Holly backed away from Haru slowly. She was blushing and looking down at the ground. Molly was looking between Holly and Haru. Holly looked kind of scared, and Molly floated over to her. Kayla was still trying to process what was happening. She walked over to Holly and bent down a little. "Are you alright?" Holly looked at her and nodded her head slowly.

Khawill

<3
Years
Kim and Kira
Kira ignored the mess up of Kim's name, slightly more surprised at the fact that he couldn't swim, "Swimming is so great though! You've got to learn how to do it." She thought for a moment, "I can't bring my pokemon with me, they can't swim and neither can yours." She paused and noticed a boy walking back from the direction of the volcano, "Hey you! With the dirty white clothes, can I ask you to do something?" She looked at Rafael and gave a wait here signal and ran to the other boy, "I need you to watch my three pokemon while I go out to the sea, can you do that?" She noticed a linoone on his should, "What a dreadfully weak pokemon."

The boy sighed, said some things she really didn't hear but then said "Sure"

"Cool! Why don't you take this mone7y and get you all some lunch, if I'm not back at the cafeteria soon, meet us at the beach!" And with that Kira thrust the pokeballs and some money into his hand and ran back to Rafael

"Lets go! I can teach you to swim, your pokemon can watch!"

Teal Wright
Teal had just gotten back from the forest. He felt hungry again, "Hey Vel, lets get some food before changing." He pat her head and when he looked straight there was a strange girl running towards him. She made some rude, innocent remarks about his clothes and Vel. They are pretty dirty clothes, I should've had a change. Teal sighed. She then asked if he could watch her pokemon, "Uh, I really don't think I can watch a strangers pokemon, I mean I'm not sure--" Suddenly she seemed excited, gave him some instructions to get them all lunch and gave him her pokemon and money and ran off.

He sighed again, "That was odd, I wonder what pokemon she has." He was more worried about getting food though and decided to find out in the cafeteria. "I hope they're selling Oran berries there for you Vel." He thought about what the girl said, "Didn't she say she was heading to the beach, we can catch a water type there right!" He thought again, "Maybe she can help me catch one!" He decided to pack the lunch so they could all eat at the beach, "I don't know what pokemon are in here, I'll just get everything."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Yanma decided to get louder. This time Able felt the force of that attack. She wasn't going to be able to avoid something like that. Able was pushed back a bit from the Sonic Boom which only got her more mad. She was practicably steaming! Mark had no control over her. With all of the noise, Mark was expecting a window to break or something.

"Graaaahhh! Don't you taunt me you slug!" Able ranted out, apparent to her loud buzzing. Able quickly used Fury cutter on Yanma out of pure rage. She threw her claws around rapidly praying to get a good slice at this bug.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru's face turned the color of a pokeball. Oh Arceus! What the crap did I just do??!! He got on his knees and looked at Holly. "Oh Arceus I'm sorry!" He came on too strong! He knew it! Even that cheezy pickup line was awful! "I'm so sorry Holly...I didn't know what to do and I kinda like you." He quickly covered his mouth. He just let his entire world shatter into a bizillion pieces. "Can you please forgive me?" Haru felt awful. He had just kissed a girl, and he only just met her this morning. The funny thing was, it felt right. He loved her. That much was clear.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
"O-ok lets go Kira. The beach is this way" I said and started walking towards the beach slowly and chuckled slightly with a small blush on my face but I quickly shook out off and replaced it with a small and sweet smile directed towards Kira. I noticed that Lulu and Pikachu were struggling to keep up and were looking worn out so I picked them up and put Pikachu and Lulu on my left and right shoulders. Pikachu started to play with my hair that had stopped flowing in the wind and Lulu was looking forward and saw a body of water surrounded by sand.

"The beach is straight ahead Kira." I said sweetly and gave her another sweet smile and walked towards the beach smiling. This was the first time I was ever on the beach and I was extremely excited. Another good thing was I had a cute swimming teacher. I looked around and saw a couple of Krabbys and Shellders around the beach.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Finally! Able was using something other than a sound based attack, letting the sound of their battle settle down to the buzzing of both pokemons wings. Nika hesitantly took her hands away from her ears and watched as Able launched a Fury Cutter attack. Fortunately none of Yanma's Double Team copies had been hit yet, so the various swipes from Fury Cutter slashed through the fake Yanma's.

As much as she didn't want to do it, Nika took a deep breath.

"Supersonic." She said, quickly covering her ears again as Yanma launched another high pitched assault. It was clear from Able's speed that she was a more experienced battler than Yanma. They had done well so far, but after both those Screech attacks... they were going to need to get Able confused if they wanted to try and win this battle. Otherwise they were toast.​

Years
Holly looked at Haru, still blushing a little. She opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted when Kayla grabbed Haru and pulled him off to the side. Kayla looked back at Holly and then at Haru. "It looks like I have to give you some advice... Holly's... kind of sensitive. She's been hurt by far too many people in the past. If you want a chance with her, you have to be gentle. Do you understand?" She looked up at Haru, her eyes glittering bright red. Primrose jumped down from Kayla's shoulder and ran back to Holly. She was still blushing, and not saying anything.

Megaman765

Years
Able ended up actually hearing the loud noise this time. The noise got her disoriented and caused her to fly around randomly. This was damned inconvenient... if Able would have just listened to Mark, then she'd at least get a hit on Yanma!

"Able comon! Quit acting like a child!" Mark yelled out to her. Able wasn't listening though. Able flew around aimlessly.

"Where are you... Comere you!" Able muttered. She tried using slash but ended up crashing into the ground instead, hurting herself. She kept cutting at it though like an angry child. "I Got you! Comere!!!" She said.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Oh Arceus...what have I done? Haru fell to his knees. "Oh Arceus I'm sorry...I didn't know what to do...I didn't know what to say...I did what I thought was right...Oh Arceus...I'm so sorry." He shook his head in shame. He took a girl's innocence..."I'm so sorry Kayla. I didn't want to hurt anybody, I just wanted her to know how I feel." He had never felt so ashamed of himself. He had to have more self-control. Impulsivness is the thing that gets him in trouble. "Oh Arceus, please forgive me." He couldn't run off and punch a rock this time. He would look like an idiot. He had to face the consequences of his actions. He had to take his punishment like a man. He stood up and looked Kayla in the eyes, and was slightly intimidated. "I understand if you're mad at me."

Khawill

<3
Years
Kira, Without Kim
Kira followed Rafael towards the beach, getting herself mentally ready to catch a Chinchou. "Okay so basically the first thing you should know about swimming is, don't panic. If you start to panic you can't focus on staying above the water, and you may drown." She waited for him to take it in then continued, "Since we are diving, staying afloat won't be a very important factor but you should still remember which way is up." She reached into her backpack, "I have some breathing devices that we can use, also some bait to lure pokemon onto shore." She allowed him to look it over, "All we have to do is find a pokemon and make a trail back to shore with the bait. Then we can battle them on land so we both will get a pokemon out of this, understand?" He nodded "Back to swimming, act like you are doing slow jumping jacks under water in the direction you want to go, or swim like a zigzagoon moving your arms and legs at the same time." They got back to the beach and she asked him if he was ready to go, "I think Lulu can go if she wants, it should be able to swim."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Yes! This is exactly the opening we needed...

With Able confused and doing more harm to herself than Yanma this was the perfect time to strike. So long as they could keep up these gradual amounts of small damage then they had a chance.

"Tackle."

Yanma sniggered at the disoriented Able before diving towards her, preparing to ram into her. If she kept banging herself into the ground this'd be a piece of cake!​

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
"Lulu do you wanna come with us?" I asked quietly and Lulu nodded and Pikachu sighed. I giggled when she said to swim like a Zigzagoon which is by moving both my arms and legs at the same time. I looked at Kira and smiled while I took the breathing equipment and the bait from her. I nodded showing that I was indeed ready to try and swim for the first time. My green eyes surveyed the surface of the water and I wondered which Pokemon I should catch.

"Pikachu I need for you to stay guard up here please and if that boy from earlier comes point towards the water." The Pikachu nodded and smiled while I put the breathing equipment on Lulu then on myself. With a small smile Lulu and I slowly entered the water after taking off my black and green shoes. I was about waist deep when I looked back towards Kira with a slight smile.

Years
Kayla looked at Haru and sighed a little. "I'm not mad at you. It's just that... I worry about Holly sometimes. I just want to make sure she's okay." She looked over at Holly and smiled a little. "I can't exactly tell you the details, but there was a time when Holly was... a little confused." That's the understatement of the century... "Anyway, you should go and talk to her! But I'm warning you, she's kind of a... special case." Kayla pushed Haru towards Holly a little. Molly looked at Holly kind of worried. She still wasn't saying anything, but she had stopped blushing a little.

Khawill

<3
Years
Kira without Kim
Kira and Rafael took the breathing apparatuses, then dove right into the water, she looked back to make sure he wasn't drowning, but he seemed to be doing fine; though he was a bit flustered. She gave him a thumbs up to indicate that he was indeed doing fine then proceeded to swim directly down, the pokemon she wanted was closer to the sea floor, on the way down she noticed some buizels. Those would be good pokemon for Rafael, I think I'll be able to lure one to shore. She spotted a Chinchou and pulled out the bait. She got the pokemon's attention by swimming over it and letting the bait sink into its view. She then began to trail it near the buizels, accidentally getting two along with the chinchou. I really hope I can get them all back to shore without getting more pokemon than this. She looked back and saw that Lulu and Rafael were swimming better, though not quite keeping up. She couldn't slow down though, otherwise the pokemon would lose interest so she kept going until she was on the beach. Rafael and Lulu arrived just before the pokemon, "I didn't expect to get 3 pokemon in one go! No offense but I don't want you're pikachu frying the water types so can you only use physical moves with it? I don't think chinchou is affected by electric attacks anyways." I wish I had my pokemon, but Kim hates the ocean and Canta can't sit still. I hope that stranger is taking care of them. Suddenly she saw the boy she lent her pokemon to waiting on the beach eating with Rafael's pikachu, and her pokemon.

Teal Wright
"Okay Vel I think the map says the ocean is this way, yeah there it is!" Teal was carrying so much food he feared he would trip and waste it all, Vel carried a basket of berries and the Ponyta he had gotten had his backpack slung over its back along with the girl's pokemon, "I hope she realizes how hard it was to carry this stuff while she goes out on a vacation." He laughed at his little joke but stopped when he almost tripped, "I think this is more than enough food for all of us, we could feed a Wailord!" He saw a pikachu that seemed like the one the boy that was with the girl had, the pikachu was waiting patiently watching the ocean, "Hey there lil guy, since there's no way a pikachu would enjoy the beach, I assume you are that boy's pikachu?" The pikachu nodded, Vel never seems to understand what I tell her unless it is an attack. He sighed, "Well we can wait here, do you like berries?" He set up a blanket and unpacked a little food for himself. He let out the girls pokemon, and stared in awe at them "That girl has three fully evolved pokemon already! Lets see if I remember, you are a froslass, you're a ludicolo, and you are a beautyfly. She must favor water and grass types." It took some time to find out what each of her pokemon liked but eventually he was able to get them something; though the ludicolo kept dancing.

"Hey Kim get down here we need your help!" Teal saw as the girl yelled for the froslass, that there were three pokemon ready for a fight.

"Vel you ready for another fight?" Of course Vel didn't answer but he took it as a yes, "Hey! I'll take one of those orange ones if you please!" He yelled running with the froslass.

As he approached them the girl ignored him, "Yeah whatever." and they each took their own pokemon.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
"Wa-wait!" It was too late. He looked at Holly and blushed. "I'm so sorry Holly...I don't know what came over me. I just don't know..." His face was the color of a tomato now. "Please forgive me...If you can find it in your heart." He sighed. He screwed up. He screwed up bad. He turned to Kayla and gave a terribly nervous smile. "I guess I'll be going now." He turned around and moved towards the academy, but stopped and swung around. "I guess I'm so sorry because I love you." There. He said it. He was royally screwed. So be it, for he stood up like a man and faced his fear of girls.

Years
Holly looked up at Haru and started blushing again. She didn't know what to say, though. Kayla walked over to her and sighed. "What's wrong?" Holly looked up at Kayla. "I'm just confused..." Kayla looked at her and smiled. "I know how to fix that! Face-to-face confrontation... Or at least as close to his face as you can get." Holly groaned and looked up at Kayla. "What? I can't do that! It's not like he's my therapist!" Holly covered her mouth and looked at Haru. I hope he didn't hear that... most people think I'm crazy when I mention my therapist...

Megaman765

Years
Able kept flying around aimlessly uintil she was hit by Yanma with a tackle attack. It looked around to see where it came from but was still dazed. Of all the rotten luck... Able felt like she could slice this thing into two but instead was hurting herself more. Mark meanwhile was dissapointed in himself as a trainer in general. That feeling when your own pokemon absolutely hates you was the worst thing Mark could be feeling right. It was outright embaressing.

Able tried to attack Yanma with Slash again

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru heard Holly mention a therapist. She's perfect. Haru had a strange thing for girls who had things like a therapist. That made her *that* much better. "No way. I love that!" He shouted to her. "I don't mind. Really. I don't judge." He meant it. He hoped she trusted him enough to show him, and if she did, he knew she was the one. "I mean it to. I don't go back on my word." He meant that as well. He walked up to her. "Please. I need to know." He looked her in the eye and gave her a look that could melt hearts. "I love you Holly. I need to know. You can tell me. I need to know if you trust me." He mentally crossed his fingers and hoped she would oblige. He loved her.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I stared in awe as Kira was able to bring three Pokemon to the shore. Two of them were Buizels and the other was a chinchou. I saw the boy from earlier and smiled but noticed something. I had noticed that Lulu wasn't next to me anymore and I saw her over in the water and it looked like she was struggling. I took immediate action and dove in after Lulu forgetting to re equip the breathing equipment. I saw my life flashing before my eyes and I surfaced with my face in the water and Lulu on top of me safe and sound. All of a sudden the Buizel I was fighting grabbed my shirt with its teeth and started dragging me back towards the shore but I still wasn't breathing. My face was pale and my heart rate was slowing.

Back