• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite & least favourite Pokemon of the 5th Gen?

Years
Favorites: Haxorus, Zekrom, Trubbish

Least favorites: Can't think of any xD I used to dislike Watchog because how it looks, but now I think it's a an awesome Pokémon catcher (mean look + super fang + false swipe) and Basculin because it appears everywhere. However, I like to EV train my Pokémon these days, and often in speed, so I need Basculin to appear everywhere now. :P

Bika

lmfao
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
Favorite: Hydreigon~

Least favorite: Beartic. I just think it looks weird and awkward...

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Favorites:
523.gif

Probably my favorite of them all! It's both cute in its own way and cool at the same time.

586.gif

I chose the Spring design because of the pink flowers. Lol.

607.gif

Very simplistic, but at the same cute. Not fond of its evolutions at all, though.

Least favorites:
502.gif

I'm okay with Oshawott, and Samurott is actually a very neat design, but this one? No... It's just... I don't know how to put it. Lame? Yes, that's the word: Lame.

Likewise, I feel the same about the monkey trio's final evolutions, as well as Tepig's evolutions.

Tornadus and the other legendaries like it aren't for me either.

DarkAbsolX

Pokemon World Champion 50Times
Years
It's my turn now.

Favourites (not by order) :

617.gif

Just like it.

545.gif

It looks badass.

497.gif

Who doesn't like this viper?

567.gif

Kinda reminds me of an Aerodactyl with feathers.

589.gif

Love the design.

637.gif

My favourite in the Black/White games. It's awesome. Wonderful design.

612.gif

I love dragons.

635.gif

I love dragon.

625.gif

I like the design.

609.gif

I find it funny

And i don't like these:

599.gif

And the other gear pokemon. They are stupid.

568.gif

And the evolution. A garbage bag? Come on, we want real pokemon.

584.gif

It starts as an ice cream ball, to a two ball ice cream with one cone and then a two ball ice cream with three cones . Lack of creativity.

Last edited:

Little Oshawott

The Trainer of cute Pokemon
Years
My most fav has to be Oshawott. Why? Because its cute, lol I cant think of any other reasons why I love the lil cutie.
Also Reshiram... what a beautiful Dragon it is.

Least fav
Trubbish, I mean a Rubbish bin bag? Seriously... not really creative. Plus I find it kind of boring.

ahovking

Scholar Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
Vanilluxe is a ice cream cone, so i hate it and best looking Pokemon from B&W Haxorus.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Snivy is favorite. Least fav....hmm. Probably Galvantula, because I hate spiders ; ; but I love Electric types, so I hate it because I want to love it.

Skillah

Pokemon Fan since 2001.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2022
My favorite is Zorua. It just looks awesome.
But my least favorite would be trubbish and it's evolved form. -_-

Years
It's so hard to choose a favorite, but I think Mienshao or Whimsicott would get my vote. They're really cute and have nice movesets that I like to play with.

As for least favorite... well, I'm not a fan of Garbodor. Trubbish I can kind of stand, but its evolved form is... eh. q__q; Just not a design I'm into, lol.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Definetly Zorua as my favorite. <3

Ughh gosh I despise so many pokemon in this game, but I guess Cryogonal. Just another stupid ice type(like we don't have enough of those already, sorry). Nothing unique about it, and its design is just awful.

Vandesdelca

The one who would seize glory
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 6, 2015
I think I like Unfezant the least. Mainly because it was very sub-par in my run through. It had a poor movepool, and was never strong enough.

It was nothing compared to what Staraptor was in gen 4 who would be viable all game. :(

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
Years
My favorite was Archeops, it had ridiculous attack power and very good special attack and speed. Its defenses are horrible but I don't think I ever died with it because of its great offense and speed. Samurott is close behind though.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My favorite is a tie between Purrloin and Liepard - main reason is that I love cats (for me no other reason exists) - but my least favorite is Tepig.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 4, 2014
I have several I don't like (but will list only those I really don't like), some I do like, and some I can consider favorites for this generation.

"Favorites" - Zoroark, Braviary, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Genesect

"Likable" - Krookadile, Cinccino, Sawsbuck, Haxorus, Bisharp, Bouffalant, Hydreigon, Mienshao, Liepard, Samurott, Serperior

"(Really) Don't Like" - Druddigon, Elemental Trio, Beartic (I wanted to see a polar bear based Pokemon, but that is exactly not what I had in mind), Klink-family line, Garbodor, Timburr-family line, & Tepig-family line.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
My favorite is so hard to choose, but I will probably have to go with Darmanitan. That being said, my least favorite is Cyrogonal. I am not a huge fan of no evolution Pokémon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I actually really liked Vanillish line but I dislike Garbodor, not just because it's a trash Pokemon but because it's just not something I like. Saying stuff like "its an ice cream Pokemon" or "it's a pile of trash" isn't really valid because...
Spr_5b_102.png
Spr_4p_089.png

We have eggs and a pile of sludge... if these were new Pokemon would you just accept them? No, probably not. lol

Whoa Jolteon, look at us with almost matching names, lol. I dislike Cryogonal too because its design kind of scares me but I think the name is very cool sounding.

Back