• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
All the mess with the KH cards is making poor Nami cry some more ;_;

I won't say that you must playtest against your deck's specific weakness to say it's good or not. Play against all kinds of decks, though nowadays it's usually LaDD, Samurai, Skill Drain burn, Zombie, Necroface (finally you're in TCG!) or another RFG centered deck, E-Hero recursion, Gadgets and Monarch. Not all of them are tier 1, but they all represent the main different play style. Excluding the tier 1, you got to deal with a RFG which is usually what the sidedeck will transform plenty of decks into in round 2/3. There's extreme recursion along with thinking of things to deal with field spell in E-Hero. How do you fair against extreme trade off (I still say Gadget is back for blood now that they got Soul Taker again to replace smashing ground. My vote on either Gadget and Raida to dethrone zombie). Traditional Monarch may not take Top 16 last time, but the fact that they existed ever since the end of Chaos era certainly proves their worth.

If you win against these half of the time, then personally I'll say the build is working and acceptable in casual play. If you can win with an even higher ratio, then you can start thinking about competitive play (which I will never do because I'm just a teenager and only adults can play a children's trading card game.)

Dark Valkyria Knight- summoning BEWD is far easier, and even that thing is not played by anyone ><; You need some much better effects if you want some fanservice girl fusion to actually be used. But wait, there's "no women in Yugioh, only extremely girly men!" o.O;

Name of the Pharaoh- of course it can't be rated without the other card which I have no idea what it's about, but I'll assume that its based on the anime in which case all rules break loose (aka, not playable, just like the egyptian god cards.)

Aether veil- oops i missed these XD; Either way, "bleh." It's just not worth the slot in the deck. It's slow and the effect is not that good either. Just use Waboku directly for a "close enough" effect that is much easier to activate.

Lure of the Fey- using this in the actual Aether deck is suicide. Your fairy really don't get too much done (this is just the same as double summon for aether) yet your opponent gets one out. The only time this is useful is for high level fairy, which Aether doesn't have. Then again, just WHAT high level fairy exist and is playable? At least, not in the TCG...

Torchbearer- rather use swordie for a beatstick with a potential (and only chance) to run over a Cyber Dragon than 800 dmg x.x; and even then swordie is not that good.

Blessing of the Fey- and you know what, I like this much better than the sword itself. The sword may blast a monarch to smithereens, but it's still an equip. This card is a lot faster to blow up the fairy to get off its effect, unlike the sword where it can do more potential damage (especially monarch) but it is far more weak to Raiza than Blessing of the Fey is... not to mention, you lose the standard CA like any equip cards unless you can use another card to nuke your own fairy in time. It's just much easier to use this. Rush Recklessly that can suicide at the cost of being chainable.

Just read some of ACC's comments now on aether fairies... no they aren't as deadly as they seem on paper ><; They need you to blow them up yourself, and that's not always easy to do on a consistent basis. They are similar to Dark World in a way.

Dark World needs you to discard things from your hand as an effect. Aether fairy needs to get on the field first, AND then you blow them up yourself. It's harder to do than Dark World's discard. Dark World can swarm within one card destruction. Aether fairy takes forever to get the Queen out to even hope for a swarm, provided that dust tornado didn't blow up Effemarity. Dark World at least still got Brron as a beatstick and discard engine without spells or traps. Aesther fairy is doomed without spells or traps. Dark World got plenty of destruction engine, be it spells or monster. Aesther only got the link, and a bunch of continuous cards (yay for more dust tornado vulnerability?)... Filcher's effect is a lot harder to get off than it seems too. Silpheed is a lot easier to get off in comparison, or just good old don zaloog. It doesn't help that half of all monsters in the current game can't wait to jump to the graveyard either (so that's a 1/5 or even 1/4 for d-hero of the deck that gets benefit if you send them to the graveyard for the them.)

Knight of Abyss
Warrior / Effect
6 Star / Dark
2100 Atk / 2600 Def

When this card is tribute summoned successfully using a Dark attribute monster as a tribute, search your deck for a "Cursed Sword" and special summon it. Increase the Atk of this card by 200 for each Dark attribute monster on your side of the field.

Darkness Submerges
Normal Spell

Pay 600 LP. Send 2 Dark attribute monster from your deck to the graveyard.

A card outside of the dark theme...

Legendary Blade Nihonto
Equip Card

Equip this card to a "Six Samurai" monster or "Great Shogun Shien." Increase the Atk and Def of the equipped monster by 300. Negate the effects of all monsters destroyed by the equipped monster as a result of battle. If this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can destroy another card in your spell/trap zone instead.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
OK then, i guess that whole thing got solved on it's own >> Had to read 5 pages worth of stuff...

Reporting because someone doesn't believe in his ideas isn't right <<

Anyways, continue on i guess

Battlefield - The Many Shall Stand (Battlefield just sounds like it's already taken so ya)
Field Spell
If there are more monsters on your side of the field than your opponent, all monsters on your side of the field gain ATK equal to the difference x100. If there are more monsters on your opponent's side of the field than you, all monsters on your opponent's side of the field gain ATK equal to the difference x100.

So ya, there's probably a wording problem in there somewhere, there's also a decently high chance there's already a card like this

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Knight of Abyss: so basically it pays back its own tribute? Well, the ability to pull out Tirfling or Executioner at any given time (and bump this up to a Monarch/Jinzo pounder at the very least while you do so) is pretty good, sort of hard to say whether or not a monarch wouldn't be a better investment, though.

Darkness Submerges: Dark attribute reverse toolboxing and quick buff up for graveyard dependents. The LP cost is so small that it's barely an issue.

Legendary Blade Nihonto: Six Samurai does equip? o.O Well, I suppose effect negation is useful, but I'm not sure if I'd give this deckspace since Samurai make a habit of jumping between graveyard, field, and hand a lot. (Cunning, Warrior Returning Alive, standard recursions etc.)

Battlefield - The Many Shall Stand: Wording-wise, the only problem is that you're not defining what difference is applied for the 100x thing (I guess that should be something like "the difference between the number of monsters on your and your opponent's Field). It's still too weak a boost, though, I think that should be more like 300x to start getting profitable since fields in general aren't too hot. (Except that it screws Big City over by wiping out Skyscraper 2)

Anyways, the fairy power problem is sort of tricky since tribute monsters for a monster line that thrives on being blasted to smithereens just seems like an odd concept. o.O Hmm...here goes:

Aether Mayfly
Insect/Effect
4 Star/Light
2000 Atk / 600 Def

When this card is summoned successfully (Including Flip Summon), add one "Effemarity" from your Deck or Graveyard to your Field and activate it. If "Effemarity" is not in your Deck or Graveyard when this card is summoned, this card is destroyed.

Prince of the Aether
Fairy/Effect
6 Star/Light
2200 Atk / 800 Def

When a "Aether Fairy" monster on your Field is destroyed as the result of a card effect, you may Special Summon this card from your Hand or Graveyard. You may only have one "Prince of the Aether" on your Field at any given time. Once per turn, when a monster on the Field is destroyed by Battle, treat it as having been destroyed as the result of a card effect instead.

Aether Veil (revamp)
Continuous Spell

Until your next End Phase after this face-up card on the Field was destroyed, whenever a monster on the Field is destroyed by Battle, it is treated as having been destroyed as the result of a card effect instead.

Fey Gate
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated when a Fairy type monster on your Field attacks or is attacked by a monster on your opponent's Field. Instead of battling, both monsters attack directly and are destroyed at the end of the Damage Step.

Also edited Swordsman so the boost is permanent and applies to Prince, Queen, and Mayfly as well. Mind you, Aether Fairy could still run Okha as a means to pound down big beaters. When they're played right, nothing stays on the field for more than one Battle Phase.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Prince of the Aether: That should be an "Aether Fairy". XD (Seriously, not a bad way to keep everyone on the field intact.)

Mayfly: I forget, is Effemarity field or continuous spell? If the latter, you have officially just invented the first searcher for a continuos spell card. XD (Actually, just confirmed it wasn't a field spell so congratulations.)

Aether Veil: And when Effemarity isn't dumping our fairies fast enough, we just suicide them like crazy. xD

Aether Prince: No effect when he goes boom, but nice little special summon capability and power to replace Aether Veil if needed. To paraphrase a quote from Tacey, "One of those heavy support monsters that does nothing outside of its thematic". (Obviously, the part about the bad stats was unneeded. XD)

Fey Gate: You're nuking fairies left and right, and now burning them in the bargain? Forget Aether Link, I'm running this x3 and suiciding my fairies left and right. Seriously, this is like a revamped thematic Ring of Destruction, though it isn't quite as powerful due to the -1 CA and the LP damage.

Hmmm.... REVAMP!

Kura Neko
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
Atk 1900/ Def 1600
This monster cannot be special summoned from your hand or deck or added to your hand with a spell card. When this monster is removed from play by an effect that you control, you may special summon it and equip it with one "Ornate Black Pistol-Hades" from your hand, deck, or graveyard.

Ornate Black Pistol-Hades
Equip Spell
Increase the attack points of the equipped monster by five hundred. If the equipped monster is "Kura Neko", increase the attack points by an extra two hundred and the equipped monster may attack twice during the same battle phase.

Better?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
......Alright, I'm pretty much going to ignore the whole KHII mix-up (seeing "Waker of Chaos" = understanding fully what went wrong), and there isn't too much I can say on AE's cards.......However:

Hmmm.... REVAMP!

Kura Neko
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
Atk 1900/ Def 1600
This monster cannot be special summoned from your hand or deck or added to your hand with a spell card. When this monster is removed from play by an effect that you control, you may special summon it and equip it with one "Ornate Black Pistol-Hades" from your hand, deck, or graveyard.

...Foolish Burial/Necroface + Macro Cosmos? Hmm......

Equip Spell
Increase the attack points of the equipped monster by five hundred. If the equipped monster is "Kura Neko", increase the attack points by an extra two hundred and the equipped monster may attack twice during the same battle phase.

Better?

4-star 2600-double-attacker, but based on an equip. Eh, not too bad, I suppose.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Mayfly: I forget, is Effemarity field or continuous spell? If the latter, you have officially just invented the first searcher for a continuos spell card. XD (Actually, just confirmed it wasn't a field spell so congratulations.)

Actually, we already have Volcanic Rocket (4 Star, Fire attribute Pyro with 1900 Atk) for searching out Blaze Accelerator. This is the only one I know that force-activates its search, though. :3

Fey Gate: You're nuking fairies left and right, and now burning them in the bargain? Forget Aether Link, I'm running this x3 and suiciding my fairies left and right. Seriously, this is like a revamped thematic Ring of Destruction, though it isn't quite as powerful due to the -1 CA and the LP damage.

There's a difference, though; Fey Gate only works in monster vs monster battles, so you'll be taking a direct attack from one of your opponent's monsters in return. It's sort of like a more volatile version of that trap card Asuka/Alexis always uses...Dobla Passé, I think it was? Still, I'd imagine that getting smacked across the face by Ohka isn't too fun either. ;D

Kura Neko: Hmm...better, though combined with Dimensional Fissure this is basically a stronger D.D. Survivor since Fissure doesn't touch Black Pistol so you can keep recurring that too. Immortal 2600 Atk double attacker? Erm...I still find that prospect pretty scary, equip-dependence or no. o.o

Anyways, I've got an idea for something...different.

Beast of Phantasm
Fiend/Effect
8 Star/Dark
2600 Atk / 2800 Def

Once per turn, by revealing this card in your Hand to your opponent and discarding one each of LIGHT Attribute and DARK Attribute "Phantasmal" monsters from your Hand, select one monster from either player's Graveyard and Special Summon it to your Field, ignoring summoning conditions.

Phantasmal Abductor
Fiend/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1000 Atk / 600 Def

Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, by revealing this card to your opponent when he/she Normal Summons a monster, remove the summoned monster from play until your next Standby Phase.

Phantasmal Benefactor
Fiend/Effect
5 Star/Light
1600 Atk / 2300 Def

Once per turn, by revealing this card in your Hand to your opponent and discarding one "Phantasmal" monster other than this card from your Hand, draw a card.

Phantasmal Conjurer
Fiend/Effect
5 Star/Light
1800 Atk / 2200 Def

Once per turn, by revealing this card in your Hand to your opponent and discarding one "Phantasmal" monster other than this card from your Hand, Special Summon one Level four or lower monster from either player's Graveyard to your Field. All Battle Damage to your opponent from battles involving a monster Special Summoned by this effect becomes zero. On your next Standby Phase after this effect was activated, the monster Special Summoned by this effect is returned to the Graveyard.

Phantasmal Killer
Fiend/Effect
6 Star/Dark
2300 Atk / 1300 Def

Once per turn, during either player's turn, by revealing this card in your Hand to your opponent and discarding one "Phantasmal" monster other than this card from your Hand, select one monster on the Field with a Def lower than the original Atk of this card and destroy it.

Phantasmal Saboteur
Fiend/Effect
5 Star/Dark
1800 Atk / 1600 Def

Once per turn, during either player's turn, by revealing this card in your Hand to your opponent and discarding one "Phantasmal" monster other than this card from your Hand, negate the activation and effect of a Spell or Trap card controlled by your opponent and destroy it.

Phantasmal Soldier
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1500 Atk / 700 Def

Once per turn, by revealing this card in your Hand to your opponent you may Special Summon one Phantasmal Token (Dark Attribute/Fiend Type/4 Star/1500 Atk/700 Def) to your Field. All Battle Damage to your opponent from battles involving Phantasmal Token becomes zero. On the turn this effect is activated, you may not Summon or Set any other monsters (Including Special Summon).

Phantasmal Wall
Fiend/Effect
3 Star/Light
0 Atk / 1900 Def

Once per turn, during either player's turn, by revealing this card in your Hand to your opponent you may negate the attack of a monster with an Atk lower than or equal to the original Def of this card.

Aegis of Illusion
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated during your opponent's Battle Phase. Reveal a number of "Phantasmal" monsters in your Hand up to the number of monsters on your opponent's Field to your opponent, then gain Life Points equal to the combined Atk of the monsters you revealed. At the end of the Battle Phase when this card was activated, if you have more Life Points than you did at the beginning of the Battle Phase, your Life Points become the number of Life Points you had when this card was activated.

Nightmare Web
Continuous Trap

Once per turn, during your opponent Standby Phase, your opponent selects a card at random from your Hand and looks at it. If the card your opponent selected is a "Phantasmal" monster, your opponent can not declare an attack this turn. If the card your opponent selected is not a "Phantasmal" monster, this card is destroyed and you lose 1000 Life Points.

And yeah...I'll probably have more supports and whatnot later on. x3

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Aether Mayfly- swordsman is now useless as we'll all want this instead. Chances of Effemarity not in your graveyard or deck is only because D. D. Crow killed it. 2000 is by far the strongest beatstick at this moment too.

Prince of the Aether- the small drawback that the effect applies to your opponent as well is rather minor. This thing is huge enough to kill Cyber Dragon. It swarms like mad with foolish burial too. Insanity...

Aether Veil- better but still won't persuade me to use it

Fey Gate- indeed similar to Double Passé, just that this one also destroys both monsters but limited to Fairies. It's some risky stuff. I'm personally sticking to Aether Link because Aether Fairies gain no advantage by scoring LP damage anyway, until Don Zaloog dresses himself up like an elf.

Kura Neko + Pistol- it's a lot slower now, but still deadly... best friend with offensive Necroshade. However, now that it can't be splashed and basically boosts RFG deck, which is the popular deck of choice at the moment used to battle against Destiny Dragon.

Beast of Phantasm- Raviel turns over in his grave saying 'why can't i have this effect.' He can ditch himself which is nice, and then special summon itself just like zombie master ditching turtle to summon turtle. We'll see what the light Phantasm monsters are first though.

Phantasmal Abductor- d-hero doom lord upgraded, meh. Good card for stall deck. Seems threatening, but can't stop much in the long run.

Benefictor- another word, discard one phantasmal card to draw a card. Weak version of trade in for phantasmal monster... and 5 star ><;

Conjurer- small version of the Beast, but at least his stats is less crappy than Benefictor. Usable but i'm still hoping for a low level light somewhere... currently there's just no good lv 4 or lower card to steal until people start playing DDA, DDWL, Exiled Force and those things again.

Killer- good effect, decent stats, and basically kills anything including Dragon Ice. The only thing is Big Shield Gardna in SD deck. Certainly worth considering in this deck.

Saboteur- actually useful compare to Conjurer and Benefictor although they have a nasty similar cost. However... we may just be better off using 3 Solemn and 2 Dark Bribe to conserve deck space to actually use the Phantasmal monsters to battle.

Soldier- so basically this is the backbone of the actual deck to fuel all the above monsters. You can keep ditching phantasmal monsters and still have monsters on your field because soldier generates tokens nonstop so you can ditch the real monsters for effect.

Wall- meh ><; Kuriboh on infinite usage... bye furball.

Aegis of Illusion- what the heck ><;? A very confusing way to say "just use negate attack or waboku instead."

Nightmare Web- same as above ._. High risk, self defeating, self revealing... medicore effect?

What we need for this deck: usable light monsters. Low level monster is needed too. We really got nothing but soldier basically (and then, STEAL RAIDA FROM THEIR GRAVEYARD!)

Dual of Snowhorn
Aqua / Effect / Gemini
4 Star / Water
1800 Atk / 1400 Def
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:
-If there are no spell cards in your graveyard, increase the Atk of this card by 400 and this card may attack twice in the same battle phase.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Dual of Snowhorn: Well...it's very snowhorn. 2200 Atk double attacker is definitely nothing to sneeze at, and after having messed around with virtually no spells decks (Last one was four spell cards, three of which were WMC which essentially won't hit the graveyard until it ends the game) I know that no spells in the graveyard isn't nearly as impossible a condition to fulfill as it seems to be. Besides, it's a respectable beatstick even if you don't bother with the second summon, very trendy thing, that. :3

Anyways, phantasms...

Well, they aren't meant to summon that much of their own to begin with since their big thing is sitting in your hand and spamming their effects from there. :3 But yeah...

Phantasmal Beacon
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Light
1600 Atk / 800 Def

Once per turn, by revealing this card in your Hand to your opponent, you may select a card from your opponent's Graveyard and place it at the top of his/her Deck.

Phantasmal Redeemer
Fiend/Effect
5 Star/Light
2300 Atk / 1700 Def

Once per turn, by revealing this card in your Hand to your opponent and discarding a "Phantasmal" monster from your Hand, add one "Phantasmal" monster other than the one you discarded from your Graveyard to your Hand.

Phantasmal Rejuvenator
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Light
1700 Atk / 300 Def

Once per turn, when a "Phantasmal" monster or a monster Special Summoned by the effect of a "Phantasmal" monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle OR when a monster your opponent controls is destroyed by the effect of a "Phantasmal" monster, reveal this card in your Hand to your opponent in order to gain Life Points equal to the Atk of the destroyed monster.

Aegis of Illusion

Normal Spell

Once per turn, during your opponent's Battle Phase, reveal this card in your Hand and a "Phantasmal" monster in your Hand to your opponent in order to increase your Life Points by the Def of the revealed monster. On the end of the turn this effect was activated, if you have more Life Points than you did when this effect was activated, your Life Points become the number of Life Points you had when this effect was activated. If you have already activated a Spell Card(s) this turn, this effect can not be activated.

Lasting Trauma
Normal Spell

Once per turn, when a "Phantasmal" monster or a monster Special Summoned by the effect of a "Phantasmal" monster destroys your opponent's monster by Battle, reveal this card in your Hand to your opponent in order to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Atk of the destroyed monster. If you have already activated a Spell Card(s) this turn, this effect can not be activated.

Nightmare Web
Continuous Trap

When your opponent successfully summons a monster (Including Flip Summon), discard one "Phantasmal" monster from your Hand or Deck to switch the monster your opponent Summoned into Defense Position (Card effects are not activated). While this card is face-up on the Field, monsters switched into Defense Position by this effect can not change their Battle Positions.

Aaand...there we have...something? x3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
The Phantasms have just murdered Raviel. He screams in agony as he loses his last shred of dignity. XD

Equip Spell
Increase the Atk of the equipped monster by seven hundred. If this card is equipped to "Kura Neko", the equipped monster may attack twice during the same battle phase. If this card is sent to the graveyard as a result of the equipped monster being removed from the field, remove this card from play.

Better?

Phantasmal Mist
Monster/Light/Fiend/Effect/4*
Atk 1000/Def 1000
By revealing this card in your hand, your opponent may not activate monster effects during their next turn.

LOLed at by Skill Drain, but makes everyone else mad. Fit the theme okay?

The Gentleman
Monster/Light/Warrior/Effect/4*
Atk 1500/ Def 1500
When this monster is removed from play by a card effect that you control, you may special summon it. If this monster is summoned in this way, you may choose one card in your opponent's hand and discard it.

Ooh... Kura Neko and this guy... are they the new Macro Cosmos duo together, and are they connected?

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Ornate Black Pistol-Hades: I dunno'...this way it's sort of losing its whole appeal because it's essentially one-shot. I was looking more for a way that makes it a bit harder to keep recurring it but not impossible if that makes any sense. x3

Phantasmal Mist: It breaks a phantasm set rule. The discard of phantasm monsters is the phantasm line's equivalent of tribute summoning, so one-discard effects are 5- or 6-stars and two-discard effects are 7-stars and up. Other than that, it's cool. :3

The Gentleman: so is that like...a confiscation-style choose or a choose blindfolded situation? Well, it looks neat either way.

And they'd had better be connected. >O

Anyways, just a random thing I came to think of.

Mystery Gift
Normal Spell

Both players place the top card of their decks face-down in their Spell and Trap card zone regardless of card type. Cards set by this effect can not be activated or affected by card effects and neither player may look at them. At any point of the duel, a player may guess the type of card (Spell, Trap, or Monster) set on their Field by this effect, then the card is revealed. If the player guessed right, the card is added to their Hand, otherwise the card is added to their opponent's Hand and the player may use it during this Duel. (When the card is sent to the Graveyard, it is sent to the Graveyard of its original owner)

Aaand something a bit less seasonal:

Necro Cycle
Continuous Spell

During each Standby Phase, pay 500 Life Points (this is not optional). Whenever a card would be sent to the Graveyard, it is shuffled into the owner's Deck instead.

Last edited:

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
Years
Here's something I recently came up with:

Vhytal
Monster/Dark/Fiend/Effect/6*
ATK: 2300 DEF: 1200

Whenever this card destroys an opponents monster as a result of battle, you may Tribute this card to take control over one of your opponents monsters.

That was surprisingly short, let's post another one.

The Morganatic Marriage
Spell/Normal

You're opponent discards 2 card from his/her hand and then draws 1 card. If the card was a Monster Card, your opponent loses Life Points of the amount of the monsters ATK points halved. If the card was a Spell Card, your opponent must play it during his/her next turn, otherwise it is removed from play. If the card was a Trap Card, your opponent must set it face-down on the field (This effect does not apply if all of the Spell/Trap card columns are occupied).

Finally, a card based on the Six Samurais:

Wakizashi, Swordsmaster of Shien
Monster/Earth/Warrior/Effect/*6
ATK: 2200 DEF: 1800

This card cannot be Special Summoned. Once per turn, while this card is face up on the field, you may discard one "Six-Samurai" or "Great Shogun Shien" card from your hand to destroy all Spell and Trap cards on the field. For each Spell card, inflict 800 points of damage to your opponents Life Points.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Wakizashi: I'm thinking no. Card destruction and minor burn instead of keeping those samurai in my hand so I can pound the opponent with them? Six Samurai is about plopping down everyone on the field as quickly as possible in order to rampage right over the opponent's monsters and back row. Yaishi, I believe, already trounces face-downs and if we really want a monster that can blow up continuous spells we can always side-deck Kamon. Besides, this guy acts like Enishi doesn't exist. Unless we're talking about tossing samurai in order to summon Enishi faster (in which case Foolish Burial>This) we don't want to use him. The special summoning restriction is entirely unneeded. (Besides, what does a short blade have to do with this guy?)

Morganatic Marriage: Are we talking the discarded card or the card that they drew? Either way, Dark World officially LOLs, and your opponent doesn't care if they have to set the spell or trap. Chances are that if it's a trap, you've just set your opponent up for a springing next turn unless you've got S/T removal already set up.

Vhytal: Are we controlling the destroyed monster (which makes no sense) or another monster on their field?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Vhytal: Indeed...with the current wording this effect is the most pointless thing ever. Even with the correct (something like "Special Summon the destroyed monster to your Field), this still isn't as cool as Brain Crusher, which is an insect and can thus be plunked straight onto the field by Pinch Hopper. It can also keep summoning those destroyed monsters nonstop without tributing itself so I'd sooner build on that. Ehh...it's a possibility for Necrofear return, I suppose, and it could swipe a Disc Commander to get you free draws, but it's still sort of dubious. At least make it zero Def so you can recycle it with Recurring Nightmare.

The Morganatic Marriage: Meh, it's a -1 for you with rather questionable benefits. A hand-based Misfortune isn't all that good (and certainly not worth having that big beater you just handed to your opponent smack you over the head next turn), there's really no spell card used in the current format that couldn't be activated at basically any time and setting that trap down is only worth it if you have S/T removal or Royal Decree/Jinzo at hand immediately, otherwise that Phoenix Wing Wind Blast/Solemn Judgment/Dark Bribe/Trap Dustshoot you just put there will just be up and running one turn earlier. Most of the time, this is just giving free deck-thinning to your opponent.

Wakizashi: Samurai-discarding Chiron with a lackluster burn and it requires tribute summon? Eww...no, just no. Snipe Hunter >> this. Really. Besides, seeing the "side arm" as a monster's name just feels...sort of odd. o.O Maybe if we had a non-tribute version of this...but even then I don't know. In any case, Samurai doesn't like tributing.

And ACC: how dare you comment on this random person's cards and totally ignore mine? That's it, you've totally broken my heart now, you horrible, horrible person...I have no more reason to live! :< /wrist

I kid, of course. Not to say that comments wouldn't be appreciated, though. :3 Ehh-heh...these are so random, but whatever:

Chain Conductor
Machine/Effect
4 Star/Wind
1800 Atk / 800 Def

Once per turn, when a card effect is chained, add the effect of this card to that chain (Treated as spell speed 2). If the effect of a "Chain Conductor" is already added to the current chain, this effect can not be activated.

Chain Detonator
Machine/Effect
3 Star/Fire
1000 Atk / 1000 Def

After a Chain with 3 Links or more has resolved while this card is face-up on the Field, select one card on the Field then destroy both the selected card and this card and inflict 1000 Damage to your opponent. If the number of Links in the Chain that activated this effect is 5 or higher, Special Summon one "Chain Detonator" from your Hand or Deck.

Chainsaw Mech
Machine/Effect
5 Star/Dark
2300 Atk / 1600 Def

If a Chain with 2 more Links occurred this turn, this card can attack a number of monsters on your opponent's Field equal to the highest Chain Link number in that Chain this turn. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

Dynamo Mech
Machine/Effect
3 Star/Light
1000 Atk / 1500 Def

Once per turn, after a Chain with 2 links or more has resolved, increase the Atk of this card by 300 x the highest Chain Link number in that chain until your next Standby Phase. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

Rapid Assembly Mech
Machine/Effect
4 Star/Light
500 Atk / 1900 Def

Once per turn, after a Chain with 3 or more Links is resolved, Special Summon one Machine type monster from your Hand or Graveyard with same number of level stars as the highest Chain Link number in that Chain. You may only activate the effect of one "Rapid Assembly Mech" in response to each Chain. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

Rapid-Fire Mech
Machine/Effect
3 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 200 Def

Each time a Chain with 2 Links or more is resolved, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to 200x the highest Chain Link number in that Chain. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

Mech Emperor Dragon
Machine/Effect
7 Star/Fire
2600 Atk / 2300 Def

When a card effect is activated as Chain Link 6 or higher, you may add the effect of Special Summoning this card from your Hand or Deck to the Chain. Then, the Chain is resolved immediately. Once per turn, after a Chain with 4 or more Links has resolved, select two cards from your opponent's Field and destroy them. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

Cataclysmic Explosion
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated as Chain Link 2 or higher. Destroy all monsters on your opponent's Field whose level stars are equal to or lower than the Chain Link number of this card. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Chain Break
Counter Trap

This card can only be activated as Chain Link 3 or higher, negate the activation and effect of one card in the same chain as this card and destroy it. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Rapid Reload
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated as Chain Link 3 or higher. After the Chain this card is in has resolved, you may add one of the cards that was in the same Chain as this card from your Graveyard to your Hand. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Reverse Reaction
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated as Chain Link 3 or higher. When this card is activated, the Chain this card is in resolves immediately and the effects of all other cards in the Chain are resolved in reversed order. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Vhytal: Indeed...with the current wording this effect is the most pointless thing ever. Even with the correct (something like "Special Summon the destroyed monster to your Field), this still isn't as cool as Brain Crusher, which is an insect and can thus be plunked straight onto the field by Pinch Hopper. It can also keep summoning those destroyed monsters nonstop without tributing itself so I'd sooner build on that. Ehh...it's a possibility for Necrofear return, I suppose, and it could swipe a Disc Commander to get you free draws, but it's still sort of dubious. At least make it zero Def so you can recycle it with Recurring Nightmare.

The Morganatic Marriage: Meh, it's a -1 for you with rather questionable benefits. A hand-based Misfortune isn't all that good (and certainly not worth having that big beater you just handed to your opponent smack you over the head next turn), there's really no spell card used in the current format that couldn't be activated at basically any time and setting that trap down is only worth it if you have S/T removal or Royal Decree/Jinzo at hand immediately, otherwise that Phoenix Wing Wind Blast/Solemn Judgment/Dark Bribe/Trap Dustshoot you just put there will just be up and running one turn earlier. Most of the time, this is just giving free deck-thinning to your opponent.

Wakizashi: Samurai-discarding Chiron with a lackluster burn and it requires tribute summon? Eww...no, just no. Snipe Hunter >> this. Really. Besides, seeing the "side arm" as a monster's name just feels...sort of odd. o.O Maybe if we had a non-tribute version of this...but even then I don't know. In any case, Samurai doesn't like tributing.

And ACC: how dare you comment on this random person's cards and totally ignore mine? That's it, you've totally broken my heart now, you horrible, horrible person...I have no more reason to live! :< /wrist

I kid, of course. Not to say that comments wouldn't be appreciated, though. :3 Ehh-heh...these are so random, but whatever:

*bandages wrist and stops bloodflow* You need to stop joking like that. Just because I'm the child of someone who practices medicine doesn't mean that I can fix everything you do to yourself on an internet forum. *runs for ambulance*

Chain Conductor
Machine/Effect
4 Star/Wind
1800 Atk / 800 Def

Once per turn, when a card effect is chained, add the effect of this card to that chain (Treated as spell speed 2). If the effect of a "Chain Conductor" is already added to the current chain, this effect can not be activated.

So basically we're auto-increasing any chain to link three? Interesting effect, and with Accumulated Fortune among others being powerful cards that require a lot of chaining this could actually see play. Pity that LaDD would negate the effects of any monster that didn't resolve during the chain, because with Treeborn in the graveyard you could easily form multiple link chains with LaDD. I suppose that Card of Safe Return might work instead, if that counts as a chain?

Chain Detonator
Machine/Effect
3 Star/Fire
1000 Atk / 1000 Def

Afte a Chain with 3 Links or more has resolved while this card is face-up on the Field, select one card on the Field then destroy both the selected card and this card and inflict 1000 Damage to your opponent. If the number of Links in the Chain that activated this effect is 5 or higher, Special Summon one "Chain Detonator" from your Hand or Deck.

Interesting... I see the synergy with Conductor, and your opponent will be reluctant to chain while this guy is on the field since if you can chain any effect all you have to do is follow up with Conductor and blast them away.

Chainsaw Mech
Machine/Effect
5 Star/Dark
2300 Atk / 1600 Def

If a Chain with 2 more Links occurred this turn, this card can attack a number of monsters on your opponent's Field equal to the highest Chain Link number in that Chain this turn. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

Definitely the best card in the set in terms of nasty effect. Start your turn by special summoning Treeborn Frog and chain from there You'll be sniping at least two monsters.

Dynamo Mech
Machine/Effect
3 Star/Light
1000 Atk / 1500 Def

Once per turn, after a Chain with 2 links or more has resolved, increase the Atk of this card by 300 x the highest Chain Link number in that chain until your next Standby Phase. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

Meh. It's a one-turn boost, and I'd rather be summoning Chain Conductor whose attack is constantly high in order to add stability to my field. Maybe if it were Rat or Tomato searchable?

Rapid Assembly Mech
Machine/Effect
4 Star/Light
500 Atk / 1900 Def

Once per turn, after a Chain with 3 or more Links is resolved, Special Summon one Machine type monster from your Hand or Graveyard with same number of level stars as the highest Chain Link number in that Chain. You may only activate the effect of one "Rapid Assembly Mech" in response to each Chain. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

Interesting. Swarm the field with more monsters by chaining? I guess since all these monsters take their cue from one chain, this might work.

Rapid-Fire Mech
Machine/Effect
3 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 200 Def

Each time a Chain with 2 Links or more is resolved, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to 200x the highest Chain Link number in that Chain. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

Moderate burn=bad, but ability to be summoned quickly with Rapid-Assembly and attack through Gravity Bind and Level Limit=good. Not a bad monster.

Mech Emperor Dragon
Machine/Effect
7 Star/Fire
2600 Atk / 2300 Def

When a card effect is activated as Chain Link 6 or higher, you may add the effect of Special Summoning this card from your Hand or Deck to the Chain. Then, the Chain is resolved immediately. Once per turn, after a Chain with 4 or more Links has resolved, select two cards from your opponent's Field and destroy them. This effect cannot activate if multiple cards/effects with the same name were activated in that Chain.

Hmm... too much trouble to summon, I'd say. I'd almost rather tribute for it. Painfully restricts ability of the opponent to chain, though.

Cataclysmic Explosion
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated as Chain Link 2 or higher. Destroy all monsters on your opponent's Field whose level stars are equal to or lower than the Chain Link number of this card. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Scary situational Raigeki? Ouch. Trick is playing it.

Chain Break
Counter Trap

This card can only be activated as Chain Link 3 or higher, negate the activation and effect of one card in the same chain as this card and destroy it. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Oh how LaDD hates this deck. It'll inadvertently trigger a two-link chain which these guys then exploit like crazy. XD

Rapid Reload
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated as Chain Link 3 or higher. After the Chain this card is in has resolved, you may add one of the cards that was in the same Chain as this card from your Graveyard to your Hand. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

So basically, recur more cards to chain and use against your opponent? Potential, true, and maybe not just in this deck.

Reverse Reaction
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated as Chain Link 3 or higher. When this card is activated, the Chain this card is in resolves immediately and the effects of all other cards in the Chain are resolved in reversed order. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Splashable Chain negation? Yes please.

Hmm... chain effects generally suck IMO, but these do pretty well.

Order to Obliterate Completely
Normal Spell
Select one normal monster with an attack of five hundred points or less. Destroy all monsters on the field except that one monster.

Mmm... joking around with that one, mostly, but is it playable nonetheless?

Riposte
Counter Trap
Activate only as chain link three or higher. Choose one card on your opponent's side of the field and place it on top of their deck. You may not activate this card if cards with the same name occured in this chain.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Order to Obliterate Completely: yes, a situation form of volcanic monarch using... er, the rat? =)

Ripcoste: what chain decks suffer a lot of, the lack of deck space and refueling the hand. This card is raiza on traps, and made to flip the dragon to the deck again, but hey how do you start the chain 1 or 2 if every card requires chain 3 or higher to start?

Majestic Mech Deji
Fairy / Effect
4 Star / Fairy
1700 Atk / 1400 Def

You may tribute one monster to tribute summon this card. If you do, this card is destroyed at the next end phase and gains the following effect:
-The original Atk of this card is 2500. This card can attack your opponent directly.

Majestic Mech Churip
Fairy / Effect
5 Star / Fairy
2300 Atk / 2300 Def

You may tribute two monsters to tribute summon this card. If you do, this card is destroyed at the next end phase and gains the following effect:
-Destroy all effect monsters whose Atk is higher than their Def.

Majestic Mech Rindou
Fairy / Effect
7 Star / Fairy
3000 Atk / 2500 Def

You may tribute three monsters to tribute summon this card. If you do, this card is destroyed at the next end phase and gains the following effect:
-Your opponent cannot activate any spell or trap cards during your battle phase. When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, this card may attack again in the same battle phase.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Order to Obliterate Completely: nonsense, this is what you put in a Mokey Mokey deck. Have one other fairy and Smackdown on the field then play this and BAM! You get a 3000-point direct attack on the opponent. Best use; for reals. ;D

ooor you could just have your random Charcoal Inpachi double up as nuke assistance in-between the walling. :3 (Inpachi > Rat for volcanic decks anyway)

Riposte: sort of feels like a chain version of phoenix wing, which could be pretty cool. And Frostweaver; that's why we've got Jar of Greed and Legacy of Yata-Garasu, of course. Easiest freakin' chain fodder in existence. x3

And those mechs are so going straight against the mech principle of big beater for small tributes. Ehh...let's see:

Deji: Now this stings. I dunno', though. I think I'd sooner run Toon Dark Magician Girl. Sure, it's dependent on a continuous spell and isn't as strong, but it Special Summons and TDMG and Toon World have their own unifying search card in Toon Table. Besides, with TDMG I get no self-destruct business and only have to give up a goat token. :3

Churip: so basically kill all effect monsters not named Don Zaloog, Pyramid Turtle, or Marshmallon? (Unless there's one I've forgotten in there somewhere). Sort of funny how you can have this kill itself by chaining Rush Recklessly to its effect. But yeah, better than Deji at least. It's still sort of dubious, though...I mean, two tributes could get me that LaDD so do I really want to spend them on something that can't hit over monarch-size stuff and kills itself at the end of my turn? o.O I'd sooner run Dark Dust Spirit, tbh; it's only one tribute and returns to the hand for multiple uses. That's plenty of compensation for the hassle of killing all face-ups on my field too, especially since all of my monsters would be effect so Churip would kill them anyway.

Rindou: Big finisher, but you know...I find myself wondering: is it really worth three? That's a very steep cost to pay if I want to smash some major face the same turn, so unless I've got a Return waiting in the wings (In which case most defensive traps wouldn't be too much of an issue anyway since I could just have my first batch trigger the one they have and then call in the backup) this would just sort of be biting the whole concept in the leg. How to say...it's just easier to slap down a Cold Wave. That one prevents any nasty surprises from Torrential Tribute, Bottomless, and Forced Back too.

What attribute are these, by the way? Last I checked, Fairy wasn't an option on that front so you may want to edit. xD

But yeah, I don't really see them as paying their keep if you get what I mean. Churip and Rindou would have subpar stats for their tribute level and since they're only one-turn they have a lot of more reliable contenders who are naturally of that level. D= Deji is the only one of these I'd really consider using since you can Megamorph it for 5000 points of quick smackdown, but yeah.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
LIVE!!!!

Advent of the Emperor
Continuos Spell
Neither player may special summon monsters. When this card is sent to the graveyard by a card effect your opponent controls, you may remove three monsters in your graveyard from play to special summon "The Emperor" from your hand, deck, or graveyard.

The Emperor
Monster/Light/Spellcaster/Effect/8*
Atk 2500/Def 2000
This monster cannot be normal summoned or set. This monster may only be special summoned by the effect of "Advent of the Emperor". Once per turn, choose one monster in your removed from play pile and return it to your graveyard. If you do this, your opponent cannot chain any cards during this turn. If there are fewer than two monsters in your removed from game pile, remove this monster from play during the end phase.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Remake =o

Majestic Mech Deji
Fairy / Effect
4 Star / Dark
1700 Atk / 1400 Def

You may send one monster from your side of the field to tribute summon this card. If you do, this card is destroyed at your opponent's end phase and gains the following effect:
-The original Atk of this card is 2500. This card can attack your opponent directly.

Majestic Mech Churip
Fairy / Effect
5 Star / Dark
2400 Atk / 2400 Def

You may send two monsters on your side of the field to tribute summon this card. If you do, this card is destroyed at your opponent's end phase and gains the following effect:
-Remove spells and trap cards on your opponent's side of the field and in their hand from play. Spells and trap cards cannot chain to the activation of this effect. This card is unaffected by your opponent's spell and trap cards.

Majestic Mech Rindou
Fairy / Effect
7 Star / Dark
3300 Atk / 2500 Def

You may send three monsters on your side of the field to tribute summon this card. If you do, this card is destroyed at the opponent's end phase and gains the following effect:
-Your opponent cannot activate any spell or trap cards during your battle phase. When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, this card may attack again in the same battle phase. This card deals piercing damage.

Now they just send monsters instead of tribute monsters, which means token is now accepted instead to ease up the cost. Buffed them moderately as well.

Advent of the Emperor- so we replace royal oppression with no cost and make it a spell instead, on top of making it summoning a even more giant monster too? ><; (btw, there is light/dark monarch too, making it not 6 but 7 monarchs in total)

The Emperor- err the heck? So it needs monsters in the RFG pile, and destroys itself if there aren't, but it's just a 2500 beatstick basically. Its own effect gives it a timer of how long it lives... er, I'll stay away from this one.

More cards to make this forum alive.

Stopper Jam
Aqua / Effect
2 Star / Earth
500 Atk / 900 Def

When this card is in face-up Atk position, you may discard 2 cards in your hand in order to skip your opponent's main phase and battle phase next turn.

Diseased Sheep
Normal Trap

Destroy all tokens on your opponent's the field. Deal 500 damage to your opponent for each token destroyed this way.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Revamped mechs: better, a lot better. Scapegoat squees at what it can do with this and Ojama Trio players absolutely wince when they're lock converts into Rindou. Churip is looking a bit over-the-top, though. I mean, is that remove all spells and traps from your opponent's hand and field with no chain? x.O That's hefty, even for a two-tribute normal summon, not to mention that it's threatening Rindou's viability. (Since let's face it, it's a lot cooler to remove everything your opponent has got than just negate it) Having Rindou do both double attack and pierce may also be a bit too much with the loosened summoning conditions.

Stopper Jam: so...is that both main phases or just one of them? May want to specify which. Anyways, it's a pretty expensive effect, but a very powerful one too. Low stats means that this is easy to search too. :3

Diseased Sheep: Scapegoat hate? x3 Sort of smells like Token Feastevil to me, except that it can't clear Ojamas off your field. Ehh...I'd probably prefer Asura Priest over this since it's a lot less situational, even though I have to admit that getting rid of a token wall and wiping out one fourth of my opponent's life points is a tempting prospect.

Advent of the Emperor: Jowgen in S/T form, minus the special summon wipe. Mmmhmm...I can see this being played in certain decks, but most certainly not for the emperor.

The Emperor: contra chain strike burn...except for the fact that chain strike wouldn't bother with destroying Advent in the first place. Other than that...well, this laughs at solemn and dark bribe, but the constant RFG management and summoning condition are a bit too much of a bother. I think I'd just stick with Advent.

Anyways, just something I came up with while playing with my latest deck (<3 Jar mill)

Dark Sovereign
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1800 Atk / 300 Def

If there are no face-down monsters on the Field, this card can not be Summoned other than by Flip Summon (It may still be Set). While this card is face-up on the Field face-down monsters on the Field are not affected by card effects. While there is at least one face-down monster on the Field, this card is not affected by card effects. Whenever the effect of a Flip Effect monster is activated, discard a number of cards from the top of your opponent's Deck equal to the level stars of that monster

Ominous Shadows
Quick-Play Spell

Both players select a monster from their Hands and Special Summon it to the Field in face-down Defense Position. Whenever a monster Special Summoned by this effect is Flip Summoned, it is returned to the owner's Hand.

Aaand something else too. =O

Necro Gadget - Orange
Machine/Effect
4 Star/Dark
800 Atk / 1600 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned successfully, you may send one "Necro Gadget - Olive" from your Deck to your Graveyard. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, remove this card from play to add one "Necro Gadget - Olive" from your Graveyard to your Hand.

Necro Gadget - Olive
Machine/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1000 Atk / 1400 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned successfully, you may send one "Necro Gadget - Rust" from your Deck to your Graveyard. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, remove this card from play to add one "Necro Gadget - Rust" from your Graveyard to your Hand.

Necro Gadget - Rust
Machine/Effect
4 Star/dark
1200 Atk / 1200 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned successfully, you may send one "Necro Gadget - Orange" from your Deck to your Graveyard. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, remove this card from play to add one "Necro Gadget - Orange" from your Graveyard to your Hand.

Black Gadget - Juggernaught
Continuous Trap

When this card is activated, it becomes an Effect Monster (Dark Attribute/Machine Type/4 Star/0 Atk / 0 Def) and is Special Summoned to your Field in Defense Position. (Also treated as a Continuous Trap Card) This card gains half the original Atk and Def of each "Necro Gadget" monster in your removed from play pile.

Hmm...broken or not? I'm having a hard time making the call in this instance.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
The Majestic Mechs DO have to compete with LaDD/DMoC for 2 tribute slot, and Plasma for 3 tribute slot (Plasma can use tokens too). ><; consider what they're really competing against.

Remaking Stopper Jam because Ojamagic makes it a joke of an OTK.

Stopper Jam
Aqua / Effect
2 Star / Earth
500 Atk / 900 Def

When this card is in face-up Atk position, you may discard 2 cards that are not Normal Monsters in your hand in order to skip your opponent's main phases and battle phase next turn.

(note: if you don't have battle phase, then really both of your main phase is one big main phase, which the card said is skipped obviously) Now Ojama can't do exodia FTK anymore ^^

Dark Sovereign- fair enough, though nowadays what cards go facedown defense mode by Spy? It's a good card just not in the right era of time.

Ominous Shadow- I think I prefer spell striker, or that sort of thing... It does give me a tribute fodder... the other card to compete with is Shallow Grave. I can really do the same except the monster doesn't come from my hand (but same goes for the opponent...)

Necro Gadgets- so unlike the color gadgets, this isn't optional. What does this mean? Run at least 2 foolish burial if you really want to speed this up. Problem compare to real gadget is that these gadgets got even worse stats. They are slower than the real gadgets (need to die first, or foolish burial them before you get the balance +1 that normal gadgets immediately get by summoning.) Normal gadgets preserve CA and doesn't hurt field presence. This preserves CA like normal but you lose field presence, because necro gadget needs to die first, while normal gadget can press on CA by protecting the existing gadget. So, our only hope is...

Black Gadget Juggernaught- Is it suppose to spell Juggernaut or is this on purpose... either way, it sucks ><; it needs a full set to even be 1500, so how long/many gadgets does it take for the whole thing to be usable? It needs an inward 1000/1000 and even then it's still not very attractive to use. Trap monster is really weak to any and everything. At least Metal Reflect Slime got stats to wall anything alive, and it got levels too when metamorphosis is around.

I don't find them broken. I find them rather underpowered. It just takes too long for me to reclaim card advantage if I don't foolish burial them, which can only get me so far (why don't i foolish burial a d-hero instead?) Their CA is a form of dead CA like Ojamagic, because their stats are horrible and slow, so why don't I just use regular gadgets? Their power card is equally slow... 5 necro gadgets gets me around a monarch with no effect but weak to S/T Destruction... The only thing you can really say is that necro gadget is immunity to d.d.crow even though they are graveyard dependent. Necroface laughs at necro gadget like no other.

Unlike gadgets, I think these guys need support... or a better beatstick.

Overclock Solder- Necroblazer
Machine / Effect
4 Star / Fire
2200 Atk / 0 Def

When this card deals damage to your opponent's Life Points, send one "Necro Gadget" from your deck to the graveyard. If you can't, deal 1000 damage to your Life Points. At the end of your opponent's end phase, if "Black Gadget - Juggernaught" is not on your side of the field, destroy this card.

Last edited:
Back