• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
PC gaming is far less of a headache. With consoles you can get straight to the game, but with a PC, depending on your setup it could be nightmarish. I'm always going to have a soft spot for consoles since there's not much more satisfying coming home from a busy day, plopping on the couch and having every control in your hands. Same with handhelds.

Sir Codin

You can find good ways to get comfy at a computer desk. And really, depending on the genre, keyboard and mouse is a better control scheme to use. Not to mention there's some amazing games on the PC that just plain wouldn't work very well with a controller, EVER. Plus, as Mr. X pointed out, all the modding communities make some really awesome content you can install onto the game and it almost always doesn't cost you a damn thing.

Oh, and getting PC nightmares won't be anywhere near as common if you use "Can You Run It?"

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
You can find good ways to get comfy at a computer desk. And really, depending on the genre, keyboard and mouse is a better control scheme to use. Not to mention there's some amazing games on the PC that just plain wouldn't work very well with a controller, EVER. Plus, as Mr. X pointed out, all the modding communities make some really awesome content you can install onto the game and it almost always doesn't cost you a damn thing.

Oh, and getting PC nightmares won't be anywhere near as common if you use "Can You Run It?"
Mm, I will never find a computer desk as comfy as a couch. Typically if I'm getting way too comfortable at my desk, it means my posture is awful so I can't stay that way for long, haha. There are definitely games that are much better on PC (like shooters--I can't stand using controllers for them) but I don't play a whole lot of them and will generally neglect my PC games in favour of games that work well with a controller instead. I'm actually a pretty big fan of Steam's "Big Picture" mode since my computer is hooked up to the TV in the living room right now anyway and it's the only way I can play PC games unless they run on my Mac. (And Macs are not for gaming, I won't even pretend they are.)

"Can You Run It" once told me my netbook would run GTA4. I don't trust it very much, understandably. :P

I know I wasn't incredibly active here before - but just in case some random muthaf*cka was wondering what happened to that dude with the stunfisk intro and all the face swap images, I've been no - lifing Gears of War Judgement like none other since its release Tuesday. I haven't forgotten or left though :P

Just incredibly dumping time into this game. <3 I love it. Gears franchise has been my sh*t since E-day in like - '06 or 7. Hype for X / Y though - also that Heavy Gear image reminded me of a janky but fun Armored Core game for PS1.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The fact that it's a netbook would probably be it's most limiting factor.
Yeaaah... I was pretty sure the atom netbook with no graphics card and 1GB ram probably wouldn't handle GTA4 very well. Although to be fair I guess I never did try it. Maybe the site was right all along. :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm with Carcharodin on PC gaming. I prefer the controls way more on PC, and some games on PC are only meant for PC :)

Altough they have some games that I prefer on consoles, like fighting games for example. Street Fighter, Naruto and all those kind.

Years
Art history eh

What kind of stuff do you guys learn in there? I'm kinda curious honestly, if you don't mind :p

Basically, we learn about the different time periods, styles, as well as the famous artists and and noteworthy works. My class is History of Western Art, Renaissance through Modern Periods.

I've always wanted to give Steam a try, lol.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Mmm... GTA 4, I played the main game and the other 2 side games (Gay tony and that biker gang) on my cousin's PS3. I actually had to help him complete the missions cos he sucks at it.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I much prefer console gaming to PC gaming if only because I don't have to worry about whether the specs of my computer are right to play a certain game or not.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
At the moment, I only have a DS lite and a laptop, so I'd prefer PC gaming. However, my laptop is quite old now (5 years!) and can't run most current games.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I used to play PC games such as GunBound, O2Jam and a little of League of Legends before, but not any more. I also hardly play my DS Lite as classes and assignments are filling up my days. If I do play Pokemon, it'll be on an emulator on my laptop as my DS is not accessible at the moment.

If not PC or DS games, I like playing fighting or racing games on my old PS2 with my brother. Yes, I'm really behind in all the technology advancements with PS3 and XBox 360 out for ages, but I don't mind and it's better than nothing. xD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I wish I could play my DS again :c It's been so long since I've laid eyes on it. More than a year methinks. I miss that thing.

I want to play Spyro again! It's those types of games that I like, the ones which you get to move around and attack enemies with powerful abilities and do stuff. :3 I've completed Spyro a gazillion times before, but it never gets old <33

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
This is a topic that I can get in. I used to be a PC gamer myself, now I'm an Xbox gamer.

What I'd like to get would be Bioshock Infinite, which comes out in less than a week. Unfortunately, it's very likely that I won't have the money for it until my next paycheck...

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont play games on the computer at all. Im a handheld game kind of person and even then only Nintendo.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
CRYI isn't that accurate. For a lot of games it is. I can't remember the specific games, but a few times it told me that a game wouldn't work at all on my computer, yet it ended up running just fine.

I've been thinking of doing another playthrough of Infinite Space. Still - Not sure what I could do differently from other playthroughs. Besides using different ships or module setups, nothing different I really could do. My usual setup is a battleship forward (Flagship), two combat cruisers center, one carrier/cruiser or destroyer center, and a carrier rear.

Anyway, I've been spending most of my time playing Sins of a Solar Empire. One of the best games ever. Even better - using the 7DS mod for it. It adds many more factions to the game. The Empire is one of them.

Edit - Here's the intro for Soase Rebellion

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
Years
@X:
Meh, sorry, seems kinda generic to me. :I
Sides, when I play a war game it's most likely Valkyria Chronicles.

@Synerjee:
Spyro, yeah!
The original Spyro has, and always will, a high place on my list of greatest games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back