• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Protagonist names revealed. Your thoughts.(May be a spoiler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Hmm. Nate fits the male protag perfectly. I noticed that this time, the male protag's name seems....younger, somehow, fitting with the fact that he seems younger than Hilbert was in BW. And Rosa is just great. This is so much better than Hilbert/Hilda. I really like these names. THANK GOD these weren't a horrible disappointment. *COUGH COLRESS COUGH*

Years
Seems way too Arabic.

Omg that is an insult D= Arabic is my first language! (totally joking about feeling insulted xD)
I myself dislike the name Rosa a lot.. it's a beautiful name but it doesn't go well with the character, I'd name her Lia or Reyna maybe? a short and funky name that suits her jumpy personality. Rosa is just too serious

on the other hand I love the name Nate, it suits him perfectly IMO!

Years
I'm not too disappointed about the names, but they do sound rather average.. I may be biased though because my brother's name is Nate. :pink_tongue:
Rosa to me reminds me a Roserade or a grass pokémon, so maybe she's very earthy?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
finally names that aren't embarrassing. love 'em.

lol hilbert.......
lol hilda......

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I think they fit perfectly, especially since there home town is in relation to the real world is in New Jersey .

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
I was really hoping there was a Sailor Moon and Digimon fan on the staff, but I'm fine with the names. Besides, I use my real name when playing anyway. I just like idea of using canon names so that it will be less of a mouth full like the "______male player" or "______female player" when talking about the games in general.

Years
I'm fairly pleased with the newly announced names of the protagonists. They're not BAD by any means- I'm just delighted they're not abysmal (I'll never, ever be able to recover from Hilbert/Hilda. Just... BLECH). These names are quite.. unexpected, and pretty nice. They're names, and ones that won't affect me all that much in my playthrough, so I don't mind too much, but they're nice, yeah :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
I like Nate but i think they could of picked a better name for the girl protagonist. Not that its a bad name though

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Nate is a really cute name, I love it! It suits him well n.n Rosa however sounds Italian and definitely does not suit the female protagonist imo :p I like the new names tbh, but anything's better than Hilbert/Hilda haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I like them! Finally some good names that fit the characters well.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I like em both. I've known some cool Nathans, and Rosa could be short for Roselia!....
I'd name my kid that if I was in the Pokémon world, and the name was widely known to represent something pretty

As said many times above, better than the BW protagonists, imo

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I like the names. They seem simple but are fitting as Black and White are simple shades. Also someone another site pointed out that they're proably a pun on Resonate. I noticed that Hugh is proably a verbal pun on the word Hue.

Years
I really like these! <3 Very pretty-sounding and much better than Hilbert and Hilda imho. Although I do think Rosa doesn't suit the female protagonist too much, I'll get used to it very soon haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back