• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wish Xerneas were fairy/grass too.
Back in the day i played pokemon silver, i thought that Lugia was Water/Flying because it lives in the sea and then i found out that it was psychic/flying.....

I think that gamefreak won't repeat the same concept sea, land, sky (from gen 3) for pokemon xy. If the third legendary were real and it was based on Norse Mythology like Nidhogg, i think that Yvetal flys in the sky, Xerneas lives in the forest, and the third could live UNDERGROUND... OR if gamefreak repeat the same concept, i think it could be a sign of Gen 3's remakes

Wish the third could be something like this:
UhtOA.jpg

l5T.jpg

EPIC !!!!!!
2IWNV.jpg

OMGGGGG!!!
supaslim_s_nidhogg_by_esda06-d6ikys7.jpg

First off that wouldn't be a big hint.

Second it's been done before when one looks closely at the other mascots even before gen 3 which was the last one to have a mascot each living on sky,land and sea, or at least based on such a creature. Gen 1 had Charzard representing sky, Venusaur land, Blastoise water (being based on a turtle though the kind that live on both sea and land...). Gen II is easier to see with Ho-oh representing the sky, Lugia the sea, and Suicune the land (despite being water it travels the land). Gen III is too obvious, everyone can see that one xD. Either way it's a recurring theme just like Yin and Yang (and Wuji) (which has shown up in the other mascots before Gen V though the Gen V are the most obvious just like III's are for land, sea, and sky).

I'm pretty sure GF won't do that. Plus there's that rumor of the final evolutions of the starters getting Megas which sound much more likely.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The starters don't evolve.
That's why the evos haven't been revealed.
They will only be able to mega evolve.

This will never happen. They aren't going to break that concept I don't think. None of the evolutions of starters have never been revealed been revealed before the games have come out. In 5th Gen. they were never suppose to be revealed and the person who revealed them was sued and almost got all the pokemon fan site such as Serebii shut down.

Anyways I was just thinking about the DNA concept. The DNA concept could also mean something else.

D= Death, Destruction, Darkness, Demon.
A= Angel, Light, and Life

The N could stand for Neutral, Natural, Nurturing and Growth could come out from those.

A mythical creature that starts with a Z is also a Zaratan. It is a giant sea turtle that said to have been mistaken for islands. This could somewhat support Neutral, Natural and Nurturing do to it being like a island. It could be the the sea and Z based legendary. This is just an idea. The only thing that could support it is that the Pokedex is split into 3 sections. So it kinda makes sense to have at least 1 legend per section. Mountain,Central, and Coastal. Central is mainly forest which supports X. The mountain area is huge and there is a very large mountain which supports Y. Coastal is well, sea based which could support the Zaratan and the Sea.

I for one still really want to have a poison legendary, which does not support the idea above. I am sick of steel, flying and dragon typed legendaries.

Years
We've only had three steel legends...Registeel, Colbalion, and Dialga. So another wouldn't hurt...it's nothing compared to the number of dragon and flying legends we have...

Years
We've only had three steel legends...Registeel, Colbalion, and Dialga. So another wouldn't hurt...it's nothing compared to the number of dragon and flying legends we have...

I do have to admit some types are overused when it comes to legendaries, I believe Psychic has been used for a lot of them too. It took us five generations to finally get a Bug-type legendary, but I'm hoping we finally get a Poison-type legendary this gen. I am hoping X & Y has more diverse typing with their lineup of legendaries, maybe even type combinations not seen before?

Years
A Steel/Poison legend would be cool to see.

I hope that Xerneas,Yvetal, and the other legends of this gen don't get overshadowed by MegaMewtwo and other MegaLegends from past generations.

Years
Here are what i found in the internet about the third legendary Nidhogg (if it were real
Deep within the earth, in the misty nætherworld of Nifelheim, lies the great dragon Nidhogg. It lies, coiled around the well of Hvergelmir, from which all the waters in the world flow, and chews on the roots of the World Tree, so that it constantly dies and is reborn. The dragons attention wavers only when it stops to gorge itself upon the corporeal remains of the dead (for its name means corpse swallower, or the lower one), and to hear the pronouncements of Wyrd when the volva speaks.
=>> the third could represent GROWTH, Birth or Immortal
Nidhogg is the chthonic counterpart of the aquatic serpent Iormungand, but unlike her, and all preceding Rökkr beings, the origins of Nidhogg are totally obscure. The dragon, like the World Tree on which it chews, appears to have arisen out of Wyrd itself, having no creation, no creator. Suggesting at least that they both began their existence so remotely in the subconscious that they have gone beyond the need for any explanation. Certainly, Nidhogg has gone beyond the need for definition. It is beyond gender, it is neither feminine, nor masculine, but not like the undivided lunar nature of Hela, or the androgynous solar nature of Loki. Instead, its nature is so incomprehensible, so chaotic, that it is simply beyond any such definition.
==>> the third could have no creator and OF COURSE genderless
Consequently the element associated with Nidhogg is Chaos, and a total summation of its nature, while the corresponding planetary sphere is the chaotic Saturn. Nidhogg is, further, represented by the traditional constellation of Draconis, as it winds its way around the North Pole, just as Nidhogg is coiled around the axis of the world tree.
==>> this could be its type
Nidhogg is in continual, and torrid, communication with an eagle that sits amongst the highest branches of Heldrasil, the World Tree. Ratatosk (branch-borer) the squirrel runs up and down, back and forth, along the tree, exchanging insults and gossip between the dragon and the eagle, hoping to stir up trouble between the two. Ratatosk plays the same role as Loki does amongst the gods, causing trouble between powerful forces, but, at the same time, communicating between hel and heaven, and, thus, assisting the flow of the kozmos, and the flow of Wyrd.
==>> there could be a squirrel legendary like Mew (dark/psychic maybe??) and because Yvetal and The third hate each other, so Yvetal type could be stronger or weaker than The third
Although Nidhogg's constant chewing on the roots of the World Tree will eventually shake it to its core at Ragnarok, and although it is a force of absolute chaos, the dragon still performs a pivotal role in Northern, and Rökkr magick. The dragon is an embodiment and expression of the geomantic energies that run throughout the earth, and in particular along ley-lines, and at the sacred megalithic sites that populate western and northern Europe. These earth energies are often regarded as dragon energies, because like the dragon, their power is forceful, almost unknowable, and resides deep within the earth and in stones. One of the most famous of such places is the so-called Saint Michael's line, which runs directly through a number of dragon-related sites in lower England.
==>> dragon/ground or dragon/rock maybe??

Here is the poem ENCOUTERS WITH NIDHOGG

ENCOUNTERS WITH NIDHOGG
I walk into a large garden
There is a river, with a waterfall -
Ear glistens within it
Behind the waterfall - a cave
Walking through the cave I reach a passage,
Spiralling downwards -anticlockwise.
I reach the end of it and enter a wasteland.
A.N
I wander into familiar surroundings.
Into a cave, a giant troll-like figure stands guard,
Eventually letting me pass.
I walk down the spiral passage.
Nearing the end, the ground starts to rumble.
I find myself riding a giant WHITE serpent.
Exiting the passage, I fall off,
and the serpent slithers down a giant hole
into the ground.

220px-Drapeau_de_la_France.png

Kalos is based on France, and the France flag has 3 colors : Red, Blue, White. Xerneas is blue, Yvetal is Red, so the third could be WHITE

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It's been ages since we've had a good juicy rumour.

It seems like this thread has become more about speculation than actual rumours. I don't want to sound like "that person"....but all this about Dna or norse mythology were never rumours, just fan speculation.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022

Plus Jirachi and Heatran, that makes 5.
The amount of Dragon is pretty decent, look at Psychic instead. Count them. 14! Flying? 10! Dragon? Only 9. More diversity in uncommon legendary types is my hope.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

Jiriachi, Heatran, and Genesect are also steel types. The guy above me pointed out Heatran and Jiriachi, but missed Genesect. It is true there isn't many, but I prefer a legend that is a type that we haven't had a legendary for yet.

It's been ages since we've had a good juicy rumour.

It seems like this thread has become more about speculation than actual rumours. I don't want to sound like "that person"....but all this about Dna or norse mythology were never rumours, just fan speculation.

Yeah, I said this about 3 or 4 pages ago and... well I gave up on it. So I am just joining them now. Lol.

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder if Fairy has an advantage/weakness to either Dark or Flying, you'd think because Yveltal is both those types that one of them would counter eachother.

Years
I would be happy if HM's weren't as big of a deal as they are in the other games...

Hopefully, it feels like Mew is being further overshadowed by it's clone...sure Mewtwo is meant to be superior but still.
I wonder if Mewtwo will have a part in the new story, since they have played him up a lot. But you're right, I want to see Mew's mega-evolution.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
The only HMs that really require story progression are Cut, Fly, Surf & Waterfall.. the rest are just space fillers tbh.

Years
Cut and Waterfall in Gen V sort of also felt like filler Hm's as they were mostly used to gain access to places with rare items...and Fly...they could remove it and have us walk all the way back...but that's just cruel.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
That's because the full list of Fairy's strengths and weaknesses has not been revealed yet. The next CoroCoro will be showing the full list of type matchups for Fairy, so far we know it gets resisted by Fire and is strong against Dragon.

We know that Fairy do neutral damage to Electric and Water do neutral damage to Fairy too from the demo.

Years
We know that Fairy do neutral damage to Electric and Water do neutral damage to Fairy too from the demo.

OK, so that's four confirmed matchups against Fairy. But still I'm hoping when the full type matchups are revealed I'm hoping it won't be a disappointment, if the strong against Dark rumor is true then that means Sableye and Spiritomb will now have a true weakness.

Back