The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Closed Thread

Old February 15th, 2010, 10:52 AM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread

Nature: Quirky
Intro to the Glitch
HackMew and I were talking about this glitch on MSN, and I decided to post a thread here about it.

Straight from Bulbapedia:
Quote:
The species names present in FireRed and LeafGreen are cut off in early English releases of the games, most specifically those species names made up of more than one word with a space in between. This causes Pokémon like Pidgey to be listed as "Tiny Pokémon" rather than "Tiny Bird Pokémon." Internal game data lists the species name the same as it appears in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald and other games, indicating a glitch in the Pokédex where a blank space is confused for the terminating byte for the name. This was addressed in later releases of the game. This is the easiest way to tell whether the game in question is a v1.0 or v1.1 release.
Well, this may not be a big glitch, but it would be nice to see this problem addressed in FireRed v1.0. How can we achieve this?

Maybe somebody can take a crack at the coding in FireRed v1.1 and port the fix over.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old February 16th, 2010, 09:18 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Ironically, we posted on the same day. Oh, well. You can read further here.
Old February 16th, 2010, 02:49 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread

Nature: Quirky
Hehe, sorry. XD

I'll get a mod to delete this thread.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old February 16th, 2010, 03:38 PM