• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I can see where they're coming from with that, especially if they are not involved with Pokémon like we are atm (Pokémon forum etc) and didn't bother to play the games anymore as they grew up like most of us did, so it's sort of natural that they don't like the newer gens, which would in its turn prevent them from playing the games in the first place, so it's sort of a vicious cycle haha.

droomph

weeb
Years
Haha, heard of them in the Pokémemes (I'm sorry I go on there :() But there's a lot of people who are like "hurrdurr gen1" and we call them genwunners. Everyone else is logical and believes that fact should go before personal opinion but somehow the genwunners have set up some sort of an alliance and now all we get are the "hurrdurr gen1"-type posts that make it onto the front page.

...Okay and you were saying?

Years
Haha, heard of them in the Pokémemes (I'm sorry I go on there :() But there's a lot of people who are like "hurrdurr gen1" and we call them genwunners. Everyone else is logical and believes that fact should go before personal opinion but somehow the genwunners have set up some sort of an alliance and now all we get are the "hurrdurr gen1"-type posts that make it onto the front page.

...Okay and you were saying?

I hate those Genwunners, they miss out on great opportunities to explore outside of Kanto.

I'm a true Pokefan, not a Pokefan who thinks the only Pokemon existing are the Original 151...

And yes, Pokememes is one of the best sites dumping memes about Genwunners. Here's some of my fave memes to do with 'em Genwunners:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2012
Hope I can post this here. I'm just needing suggestions and advice on what I should do about his pants and belt, I haven't found much help searching online and if anyone has advice I'd appreciate it a ton.

This is regarding a Touya/Black cosplay. I was told it might be accurate to post here?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Best idea for the pants would be to buy a regular pair of the pants the same color as the primary color of his (best to get them at a thrift store, since you'll be altering them anyway), then buy material at a crafts store to make the smaller details of the pants.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2012
Best idea for the pants would be to buy a regular pair of the pants the same color as the primary color of his (best to get them at a thrift store, since you'll be altering them anyway), then buy material at a crafts store to make the smaller details of the pants.

Yeah. I thought this too, but I'm not sure what pants to buy as a nice base.

I'm sure the belt is simple enough to find in a clothing store though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 21, 2012
Hug time! #2

Why wont anyone hug Cloyster?

Just because he's not as cute as Clefairy or Jigglypuff doesn't mean he doesn't like to be hugged!

So the next time you go swimming, be sure to give a big, warm hug to any Cloysters that swim past ^_^

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Gonna merge this into the DCC since it's died down a bit and this could expand a bit into which Pokemon you think is cute that others don't, which you would hug, etc.

I would hug a Volcarona even if it might burn me. :(

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I would definitely hug Flaaffy.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Why can't you hug a Pokemon? It's just like hugging a cat or a dog. I don't see why it would be 'wrong' lol - it's a funny thing to take issue with :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I kiss my cat because he's SO CUTE :( There's no Pokemon as good as my cat though.

北海道

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
I'd hug a Banette, it'd be just like hugging a plushie (it is an alive doll after all)
Or maybe Petilil (they're cute :3)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Why can't you hug a Pokemon? It's just like hugging a cat or a dog. I don't see why it would be 'wrong' lol - it's a funny thing to take issue with :P

I take issue with hugging animals too... might be the allergies, or the fear of them savagely clawing my eyes out or something. I'm not about to give my Pokemon that opening so they can kill their master and escape my tyranny :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Sabre obviously you have never had a good pet. o_o; Mine has scratched me like twice in its 13 years of life and always accidentally, and will beg for hugs and pets all the time and purr like crazy the second you touch him.

北海道

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
Actually, I wouldn't hug pets because of the fur they leave behind (even when petting let alone hugging), but if the pet likes you it won't try to claw your eyes out (unless it's a cat) ....

droomph

weeb
Years
Awww, try a collie! They're adorable (imo) and mine is sooooo energetic! :offtopic:

Also I wouldn't hug a Pokémon, because none of them are specifically that kind of "cute". However I would definitely hang out with some of them (like GROVYLE duh) and play with them because they're sooooo cute and/or badass

I'm sorry for killing the thread So what are your favorite Pokémon and why? Thought might as well introduce a new topic, bleh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back