• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Rumors are fun, but let's keep them in the X/Y General Chat and Speculation thread instead.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I was browsing Pokémon Acanthite Forums and I came across this image:

BKUn1JqCAAEQZFG.png:large

So I'd like to know what you guys think about it!

Personally, I don't really think that these rumours are true, but I would be pretty damn happy if they were (I mean, don't we need a Kraken legendary? :D)...

*So it's going to be more than 107 Pokemon? But what about whether or not it exceed Hoenn, Kanto, and Unova's number?
*I'm not really surprised about this
*We'll have to see the new types advantage and disadventages to see if it'll benefit or harm these Pokemon
*Same as previous comment
*Why give Tauros, Heracross, and Pinsir evolutions when they're already powerful Pokemon to begin with?
*I'm ok with this
*A bit dark for Pokemon standards don't you think?
*We may have our version exclusive legendaries
*Finally, all types have legendary members
*And I take that these trios will be version exclusives
*Heck Yeah, Squid Pokemon, but wait, now we'll never have a Greek-based legendary trio
*As to be expected
*Only one fossil Pokemon? That's lame, but hey, at least we're getting a proper T-Rex Pokemon

Some of these rumors, especially on evos of Tauros, Heracross, and Pinsir, made me feel skeptical. Maybe next month's CoroCoro will debunk them.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013

BKUn1JqCAAEQZFG.png:large

Personally, I don't really think that these rumours are true, but I would be pretty damn happy if they were (I mean, don't we need a Kraken legendary? :D)...

Why isn't Miltank also evolving with a shared prevo with Tauros? (I had a Minotaur Tauros evo, mystic flying cow evo of miltank and a calf prevo) I always wanted a Normal type Absol prevo that evolves into either Dark or Light/Fairy type. Why would Lickitung, Snorlax, and Whsimur be classified as Faeries? Why doesn't Xerneas have a Ground/Fairy typing if Yveltal is Flying/Dark? I doubt these are real, if they are, they are probably inaccurate.

*Why give Tauros, Heracross, and Pinsir evolutions when they're already powerful Pokemon to begin with?

Some of these rumors, especially on evos of Tauros, Heracross, and Pinsir, made me feel skeptical. Maybe next month's CoroCoro will debunk them.

I'm thinking they will be reworking many things in the game and changing stats around for a better meta-game. People should realize nothing is locked and unchangeable; they've changed things in the past and its improved the game because of it. Denying a Pokemon an evolution because it's strong already seems stupid if it looks like it should evolve. Nothing wrong with lowering stats to bring in evolutions; hey, maybe the stats are all changed to different things now and everything is different, allowing them to easily re-balance.

All in all, these rumors seem to include many of my game's ideas and many other fan's ideas, so it looks like we can stop working on them because GF is giving us what we want already. On the other hand of course, these rumors are probably not true, as it's too abnormal for GF to actually do something we begged them to do for generations now when they didn't before...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years

This rumour lost all plausability when the writer couldn't even spell "Major"

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
This rumour lost all plausability when the writer couldn't even spell "Major"

It's not that he spelled major wrong... He is obviously a native Spanish speaker as you can see with using "y" for "and" as many English-as-a-second-language people do... Guess what major is in Espanol?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Is that not the same fake going around since BW era? =.=;;;

Looks a tiny bit different, but I think it's just as... erhhrm... farfetch'd of an idea as it always has been.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
YEAH I'M HOPING THAT TOO but I don't keep up enough with these events so I don't know lmao

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I really want that rumour to be true, if only because Mawile really should get an evolution. It'll definitely be on my main team if it does get an evolution.

Although Heracross getting an evolution seems a bit strange to me, it doesn't seem like it really needs it. The giant squid with an ancient city on it sounds weird too....

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Some of the rumors make sense, some other just sound too much out there.
As many have mentioned, i don't really see Pinsir and Heracross getting an Evo, and a Fossil that needs 5 Pieces to be restores? Seems like a lot of work to revive one single Pokemon...

If X/Y includes the biggest number of new Pokemon out of all games, that'S be truly amazing!
And then i would understand maybe why they need to split the Dex

Years
the man who leak this information call himself monsieur leaker, you can ask him question if you like to.
he also say that the type of the starters final evolution wil be grass/fighting, water/dark, fire/psychic. chespin will have a football like armor and froakie will look like a ninja

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
the man who leak this information call himself monsieur leaker, you can ask him question if you like to.
he also say that the type of the starters final evolution wil be grass/fighting, water/dark, fire/psychic. chespin will have a football like armor and froakie will look like a ninja

I think it makes sense that Froakie is Dark instead of Fighting and vice-versa for Chespin. If Froakie is a ninja frog, I'm obviously switching from Chespin to Froakie.

Years
and he also said that there gonna be two villians teams, i don't remember the name(and don't remember where i saw all of this), but one start with an A be and another with a B.
unlike ruby and sapphire the teams aren't exclusive to different version.
i will try to find more information because he wrote alot about the teams

edit:

• There are two evil teams, Team Acid & Team Base (both following the themes of buttons A & B).
• Team Acid is a traditional team that steals and experiment on Pokemon. They are based on punks and motorcycles riders. Their goal is to create a definitive type. Their leader is a woman with long hair, and her admins draws inspirations from poisonous creature (like spiders).
• Team Base are less evil and they act as if they are confused. The members looks like they are wearing Tai Chi uniforms, and the buttons resembles the 'B button'. They want to obtain power to protect something important to them, so they steal pokemon from weak trainers to make them stronger. Their boss is an old man with white hair, and is very muscular. The admins are based on the sacred beasts.
• Via DLC, you will be able to obtain different outfits including uniforms from past Evil Organizations (such as Team Rocket)
• The gyms are Bug, Fairy, Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Ice, Fire and Psychic. (The gym order vary depending on the game version). Bug, Fairy, Normal, and Psychic gyms are found in central Kalos; the Ice and Fire gyms are found in Mountain Kalos; while the Fighting and Ghost-type gyms are located in Coastal Kalos.
• The elite four are based on stats: HP, Attack, Defense, Speed. The champion will have a mixed team.
• The main character will have 4 rivals:
(a) A childhood friend who wants revenge for being bullied. Gets a weak starter.
(b) Another childhood friend who is very rich, wants to get everything he wants. Gets the strongest starter.
(c) A traveling rival whom you meet in your journey. Has the same starter as your, but stronger. She is looking for her place in the world.
(d) "Horseman Pokemon", a bounty hunter that travel the Kalos region. He start as your mentor and gives you a Gogoat at some point. His main pokemon is a Tauros (which later evolves). He lost confidence when he was defeated by the evil team. He later becomes a bigger threat.
• Your other mentor is the daughter of Prof. Patrice, who will teach you the basics.

found this at the rumers thread of serebii, exept what is written about the evil teams i didn't saw him writting all of this, but because of the evil teams information and because its from the same spanish site i believe its the same guy.

i like alot the rival idea but find it hard o believe it.

Last edited:

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
and he also said that there gonna be two villians teams, i don't remember the name(and don't remember where i saw all of this), but one start with an A be and another with a B.

edit:

• There are two evil teams, Team Acid & Team Base (both following the themes of buttons A & B).
• Team Acid is a traditional team that steals and experiment on Pokemon. They are based on punks and motorcycles riders. Their goal is to create a definitive type. Their leader is a woman with long hair, and her admins draws inspirations from poisonous creature (like spiders).
• Team Base are less evil and they act as if they are confused. The members looks like they are wearing Tai Chi uniforms, and the buttons resembles the 'B button'. They want to obtain power to protect something important to them, so they steal pokemon from weak trainers to make them stronger. Their boss is an old man with white hair, and is very muscular. The admins are based on the sacred beasts.
• Via DLC, you will be able to obtain different outfits including uniforms from past Evil Organizations (such as Team Rocket)
• The gyms are Bug, Fairy, Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Ice, Fire and Psychic. (The gym order vary depending on the game version). Bug, Fairy, Normal, and Psychic gyms are found in central Kalos; the Ice and Fire gyms are found in Mountain Kalos; while the Fighting and Ghost-type gyms are located in Coastal Kalos.
• The elite four are based on stats: HP, Attack, Defense, Speed. The champion will have a mixed team.
(a) A childhood friend who wants revenge for being bullied. Gets a weak starter.
(b) Another childhood friend who is very rich, wants to get everything he wants. Gets the strongest starter.
(c) A traveling rival whom you meet in your journey. Has the same starter as your, but stronger. She is looking for her place in the world.
(d) "Horseman Pokemon", a bounty hunter that travel the Kalos region. He start as your mentor and gives you a Gogoat at some point. His main pokemon is a Tauros (which later evolves). He lost confidence when he was defeated by the evil team. He later becomes a bigger threat.
• Your other mentor is the daughter of Prof. Patrice, who will teach you the basics.

found this at the rumers thread of serebii, exept what is written about the evil teams i didn't saw him writting all of this, but because of the evil teams information and because its from the same spanish site i believe its the same guy.

This might only be rumors, but the name concept for the two teams is very interesting. Acid and Base are terms used to identify the kinds of substances in Chemistry, which might be linked to the genetics theme of the storyline. Acid is identified as a substance known to have corrosive properties and are characterized through taste as Sour, while Base is another substance that is the opposite of Acid, known to be slippery and soapy and are characterized as Bitter in taste.

Last edited:

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013

edit:

If these rumors are true, the only thing that annoys me is no dark-type gym. I still hope for a Miltank/Tauros prevo that maybe the rivals C and D both have, but C's evolves into Miltank and then again into something else and D goes the Tauros route. Team Acid and Team Base sound amazing and I like how it ties into the 3DS controls of A and B button (With X and Y buttons covered by the versions) This all seems very much like a GF game so I'm guessing these are accurate; I'm in the middle somewhere, but leaning towards truth.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years

edit:

I don't really know what to think about the idea of this yet - it'd really depend on how the teams would interact. I'll have to think about them.
I'm totally team rocket! :)

Sorry, but there's no way that's possible. If it's anything like black and White the Gym leaders at each respective city were intergral to plot progression. Imagine f you were to mess up the order and put Lenora (?) in Opelucid City instead? It wouldn't work. GF would need to tailor each story to each game, as well as changing the majority of dialogue everywhere, and I don't see that happening. It's too much work for them.

I like the sounds of mixed teams, though I'm not sure it will happen. I'd be all for it if it did though :)

I think the angsty childhood friend is a little too... well... angsty for this. I can see that kind of rival only developing to be involved with the evil team of the game.
The bounty hunter would be cool, and considering the emphasis put on Gogoat in the trailers, I can see something along the lines of this.

I see it as more likely this daughter is one of your rivals than the above to be honest. and It mightn't specifically be a dughter either - maybe gender will change depending on who you picked as your player?

blue

gucci
Years
No Dark type Gym........................ not true.

jk but seriously, I find it hard to believe how these "insiders" can get so much information miles before the release of the game. It's easy for anyone to type up a list of names, evolution and types that are going to appear in the upcoming games, absolutely anyone can do it and all it takes are a few people to believe it to begin circulating it and there you have it, a new rumor that people may or may not believe. Unless there is a valid source then I'd point to these being fake, look how many other rumors we had prior to the announcement of X and Y that were fake, even more so after the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back