• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
lol i feel really noobish asking this but can any1 tell me where or when u get waterfall? ty

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Why don't you create the Day/Night System based on the ammount of steps the player makes. Just like with the eggs. If a player has made i.e. 50.000 steps then enters and leaving a building/cave it will change from day to night and visa verca. When it changed, reset the stepcounter to zero.

The thing is, we've talked (Mastermind and me) about it and the only way we thought about it is by using the Play time (it's the most close to a clock we have), I dont know about steps, probably it could have the same result, but who knows. Anyway, the day/night system, if implemented, will probably be one of the last things to do in the game.

I'm really glad to see you're still dedicated to this Zel. It's been a lot of work for you and it's great to see you finally getting there. It's ground-breaking.

The mini-games look great, it's great to see the original things from you, expecially as the whole project is a remake. In fact, I feel a lot of your talent is really restrained on this project, so I'm really excited to see what you've got planned for the final release with the (I quote) "new region-like-island or something".

But, yeah, it's still brillant work Zel, and I'm still watching intently.

Good luck as always.
~GC

Thanks, GC. Nice to hear that from you (yeah, I'm a bit proud thanks to your comment, how silly... :P)

Anyway, nothing can stop me from having my touch into everything I do, it's something stronger than me, but, even if some people like that, I know there's others that wont, and it's tough to avoid that thought. I'll keep balancing everything as I can.

By the way, I have a few things planned for the island or whatever, but, I cant overdo it. I want more gametime, but also, I should leave some ideas for future generations :laugh:

Thanks, again.

Hey Zel, I dont know if this has been answered but will there be gyms on this new "new region-like-island"?
Anyways, I love the remix of Goldenrod City cause it was my favorite tune in the G/S/C days.

Nope, we had enough Gyms, and the island or something is not that big to hold many Gyms (and it'd be pointless to have only one or two, because on the other hand, is bigger than the islands in the Orange Archipielago), instead, I want this place to have a few areas that you need to do something in order to get access to the main location in the Island, where you'll probably be playing a good bunch of hours.

So what about Crystal? Will the 3 mentioned pokemon appear in those 2 routes in Shiny Gold? (along with some other pokemon that are on other routes in Crystal)

I only used the guides for Gold and Silver. That means Crystal hasnt been considered in the Pokemon locations.

Che Carlos!
Why not better an other simple idea, for example an Racer Bike.
Tomorrow, maybe, i'll show you the images of this possible game. Of course, i'f you like.
=D

I had many ideas of races, but all of them imply generating certain AI for the opponents, which can be a pain (as it'd also depend on the terrain you are playing and lot of other variable stuff). At least, I dont want to do it, because in the way I'd like to do something like that, it'd be too painful and it'd take me a lot of time.

The very first part, when you hear: C;B;Bes - C;D;Cis;C;B.
Spoiler:

I thinks it's way too loud! (well, the instrument playing that part is too loud)
When I played pokemon Gold I remember a more faster part at the beginning(which in your remix I hear very soft)
I think you should make that part a bit Louder, and leave the slower part more in the backgroud.

(If you know what I mean.)

Wish you luck with all your next sound work!

-Pizzakoe-
The gsc wild battle theme will be better if it had more instruments (obviously it's a wip). I have no complaints for the others except for colnex25's gsc champion battle theme because it should be low pitched (hope that's not off topic but's it's going to be in SG).

I liked this kind of comments. Because I'm sure it could help us improve the music (and give me less headaches in the long run). So, keep it up, dont be shy, if you think certain part could be improved, go ahead and post about it. I just hope clonex and Magnius can listen to your opinions and try to do something about them :)

does any1 now were to get tm 50 brick break in this game???

Please, redirect all the gameplay questions to the Shiny Gold Help thread, where someone (probably not me, as I'm not that knowledgeable about my own game XP) will answer your questions.

lol I might even take a stab at some of the songs Clonex25 already did now. No offense to him, but while he has a lot of good remix, I did listen to a few I felt didn't fit.

Well, interesting. Probably in the future we could make another thread or something so people can decide which tracks would be better. For now I'm concentrated on other stuff.

Anyone have a hard time catching Mudkip? I run into a Lv. 1 Mudkip (not say where so you guys can find out) I get its health down to 2-3 pixels (with the screensize at 1x probably 3-4 hp) i used 5 bloody pokeballs on it and it broke out of 3 of them with out shaking and 2 with 2 or 3 shakes.

The thing is last time I played the hack I caught Mudkip in one try. I have a Saved State on my encounter with Mudkip, I've tried at least 10 times already to catch the damn thing.

Two words: False Swipe.

WHOO! I am finally playing the GAME! I can not believe it! I am only just going to cherrygrove, but still! I love the invention of the Phone card and phones in different places. Not to mention the PokeBeeper. This would be even more awesome if Nintendo took it and ran with it for DS so you can do WiFi and send messages to eachother like that.

Nah, they'll one day learn that Gold was the best generation and make their own, I suppose.

can someone tell me if I can still find dunsparce in the dark cave (the one before violet city) like I could in the origional g/s/c and if it and the other swarm pokemon (yanma, marill, etc) have trainers that say when they are swarming or if it swarms at all? Maybe it just counts as a really rare pokemon that doesnt swarm? Someone help plz.

Just to remind that swarms dont exist. But I think they just became rare Pokemon (much like the Silver only Pokemon), so, yep, once you see a rare Pokemon, you know what you should do...

And with that concludes this series of questions. I just posted to take care of that because there's no important progress till the weekend.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2010
How challenging will be the 3 final gyms? I'm asking the kind of lvs we'll be facing, also the type of pokemon?

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2010
im pretty sure it'll be around 70+ since the ones u can currently play are around 60+

im talkin bout da "X" version btw
That would be impossible for the X version, because the rematch with Koga and the 3rd Ashlee battle had upper 70's and the 80's. I could understand for the regular, but not for the x, I'm anticipating around lv 85 for brock.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I only used the guides for Gold and Silver. That means Crystal hasnt been considered in the Pokemon locations.

I know a good Pokemon Locations guide for Crystal if your interested, I can pm you a link to it.

Years
I once downloaded a dex from this page, it has all the pokemon locations from beta 5, so maybe check the first post if you need help locating pokemon.

Years
Oh Zel, I am forever in debt to you. This looks like its to be a great rom hack.

I just wish that the small things (field location, lack of pokegear) didnt turn me off so much. I LOVED G/S/C and I will love this game just the same. As soon as I start playing it.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
Hey zel,
Are you going to add more minigames too?
For the new island you could make Carlos be there and you can fight him every so often and if you win he will dis you and won't battle you for awhile and when he will re-battle you he will have stronger Pokemon.

ssj92

ShinyGold got me hooked!!!
Years
Anybody can tell me where are the mini games?

they're in the trick house im pretty sure. and the trick house is in route 36

Hey zel,
Are you going to add more minigames too?
For the new island you could make Carlos be there and you can fight him every so often and if you win he will dis you and won't battle you for awhile and when he will re-battle you he will have stronger Pokemon.

sounds like a good idea. he might do that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
...help...need...information!!

hey zel
i need info...i dunno wen u released shiny gold beta 5 but im askin if u can tell me how i can tell if the beta of shiny gold i currently have is beta 5...or beta 4 i tried to find out myself but i couldnt figure out how so...please help

abyssthesavior

ps i love the fact that u made shiny gold im lovin it
pss please reply to this request i dunno if it would be directed to my email but i hope so
psss how do i safely patch newer version of shiny gold over older one in case thats how it turns out(if it can even be done and thank you for your time please reply back zel yur the best!!!!!!)
psss click!!.... .... ...DOOOOOOMMSDAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!*abyss' new music plays*

ssj92

ShinyGold got me hooked!!!
Years
hey zel
i need info...i dunno wen u released shiny gold beta 5 but im askin if u can tell me how i can tell if the beta of shiny gold i currently have is beta 5...or beta 4 i tried to find out myself but i couldnt figure out how so...please help

abyssthesavior

ps i love the fact that u made shiny gold im lovin it
pss please reply to this request i dunno if it would be directed to my email but i hope so
psss how do i safely patch newer version of shiny gold over older one in case thats how it turns out(if it can even be done and thank you for your time please reply back zel yur the best!!!!!!)
psss click!!.... .... ...DOOOOOOMMSDAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!*abyss' new music plays*

your patch file(.ips) should be called ShinyGoldB5_ByZel or ShinyGoldXB5_ByZel

unless u renamed it

also to safely patch beta 5. use a clean rom and its recommended to start all over.

ShinyGold B5 was released December 31, 2007 & ShinyGoldX B5 was released January 4th, 2008

Last edited:

videoman

I'm no hero. And never was.
Years
Advanced maps related stuff

how did you get all the cool tilesets that are for Advaced maps (example: the Train tile set and the new/old version of the pokemon center and the pokemart and all the other buildings). also is it possable so put the train tileset in to Pokemon Emerald? thanks for the help!

Back