• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Level X and EX

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
So, suddenly with out warning we have Pokemon cards in town! None of the small hobby/game stores (was 3 - one just burned down, 2 left) have had them - so been mostly buying booster packs from Ebay. But this week Walmart introduced a six foot section of Pokemon cards! Well I bought four themed decks for $30 to get some energy+ new cards and my son bought a booster pack, I think from Next Destinies or something like that. They also have the tins, Mewtwo EX and others.

So my question is this... can you get Level X or EX in any booster packs, or do you have to buy the tins? I know I can order them on EBay, but wondering what the other options are. :)

Thanks!

Years
You can get them in booster packs but the odds of pulling one is one in eight boosters and full art EX cards are one in twenty four. Lv X cards are outdated for competitive play, EX cards are used now.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
You can get them in booster packs but the odds of pulling one is one in eight boosters and full art EX cards are one in twenty four. Lv X cards are outdated for competitive play, EX cards are used now.

Wether or not they are in competitive play is not really a factor for us. We just play around the kitchen table for fun.

So what boosters have the EX's in them? Which ones have the Level X's? I mean the chance to have at least... :D

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
The sets from Black and White Next Destinies have EX Pokemon in them, but the tins are well worth the money, so I would advise picking up some Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX tins as they are the best in my opinion.

Level X Pokemon have come in collectors tins in the past.
The sets which include Level X pokemon are included in this link

However the older sets may be slowly going out of print and may cost more for the booster packs/booster boxes so be wary of how much you're willing to spend for out-rotated cards !

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
Parroting Renpuu on the EX Tins *eye roll* (he's trained me well)

I also got really great boosters in my tin that I got my mewtwo in - now I know that's all my luck, but hey! I was really happy :)

The tins are also nice to store stuff in :| *stores all my extra sleeves and crap in them*

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
The sets from Black and White Next Destinies have EX Pokemon in them, but the tins are well worth the money, so I would advise picking up some Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX tins as they are the best in my opinion.

"some tins" - so they have different things inside them? Kind of assumed that every Mewtwo EX tin had the same content.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
For some reason I seem to be the luckiest guy ever with tins lol. I always pull something good like a level x lol XD

Back