• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I think they really do need better trailers outside of Japan. From the previous trailers I've seen here in the US, it just doesn't appeal to me, and I'm a big fan of Pokémon (obviously). I think should they release promotional trailers like the ones in Japan, sales internationally may just do a bit better. It may not be a huge difference, but you never know. I know that if I saw a game promotion like this for the first time, I'd be wanting to buy the game.

This trailer was really cool though! They look like clay though. :(

Years
I think they really do need better trailers outside of Japan. From the previous trailers I've seen here in the US, it just doesn't appeal to me, and I'm a big fan of Pokémon (obviously). I think should they release promotional trailers like the ones in Japan, sales internationally may just do a bit better. It may not be a huge difference, but you never know. I know that if I saw a game promotion like this for the first time, I'd be wanting to buy the game.

This trailer was really cool though! They look like clay though. :(

Maybe parts of it will become a tv advertisement for the western audience I can see that happening plus a dubbed version after the anime tbh.

You two are right, we need a dubbed version of that trailer.

It would help improve the marketing of the games outside of Japan.

I also think every main series game released after this should get a trailer like B2/W2's.

Years
I have to say this stuff is pretty good, but I'm still not a fan of the new heroes.
What, hate on the protagonist noobs of this generation?! Is it the spiky hair? The extravagantly long side ponytails? The eccentric hats? The puffball hair? The weird monkey *** backpacks/purse thing? Ah, whatever.

If this trailer is dubbed, then I wonder how us Westerners will react to this. The only cool Pokemon commercials I've been seeing are the ones for the TCG (the weird cards that I've stopped collecting since... I was little... oh gawd memories!) and those haven't appeared in a while. It will (agreeing w/Hikari10, Kaori, Requility, whoever) bring people's attention to Pokemon but the storm might last for a month or so. Us hardcoreders (?) will last forever. Still, it be nice for the Japs' commercials to be dubbed and sent, uncensored, to here. I know i'd boost someone's pay in the Pokemon U.S. Branch's if the commercials are brought here.
Whoever dubs them, hopefully, has to have a good American accent.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
What, hate on the protagonist noobs of this generation?! Is it the spiky hair? The extravagantly long side ponytails? The eccentric hats? The puffball hair? The weird monkey *** backpacks/purse thing? Ah, whatever.

If this trailer is dubbed, then I wonder how us Westerners will react to this. The only cool Pokemon commercials I've been seeing are the ones for the TCG (the weird cards that I've stopped collecting since... I was little... oh gawd memories!) and those haven't appeared in a while. It will (agreeing w/Hikari10, Kaori, Requility, whoever) bring people's attention to Pokemon but the storm might last for a month or so. Us hardcoreders (?) will last forever. Still, it be nice for the Japs' commercials to be dubbed and sent, uncensored, to here. I know i'd boost someone's pay in the Pokemon U.S. Branch's if the commercials are brought here.
Whoever dubs them, hopefully, has to have a good American accent.
if it is brought here, i just hope their not lazy and use Ash's voice for the main character (oh god...nightmares)

it would be awesome if Funimation got their hands on it, or any other professional dubbing company, you know, people that actually dedicate themselves as a company to dub anime.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
If they do dub the trailer, I have compiled a list of who should voice who.

Protag = Antony Del Rio
Rival = Robin Atkin Downes
Akuroma = Roger Craig Smith
N = Alessandro Juliani
Bianca = Bella Hudson
Cheren = Brad Swaile
Elesa = Kate Higgins
Plasma Woman = Megan Hollingshead
Shadow Triad member 1 = Dave Wittenberg

Cause N should be voiced by L

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Is this sort of marketing strategy common in Japan, or was this a rarity even for the Japanese market? 'Cause a 5-minute trailer like this wouldn't play on US TV or in cinemas; it's pretty much an internet-only thing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
if it is brought here, i just hope their not lazy and use Ash's voice for the main character (oh god...nightmares)

I...really really doubt that. Ash is an anime-exclusive basically, whereas this correlates directly to the games. I mean if they did that, they might as well have called Red/Blue 'Ash' and 'Gary'. But yeah, the anime doesn't really relate that much to the games and using an anime voice to represent it would seem a little unusual.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Is this sort of marketing strategy common in Japan, or was this a rarity even for the Japanese market? 'Cause a 5-minute trailer like this wouldn't play on US TV or in cinemas; it's pretty much an internet-only thing.

have you even seen most Japanese game adverts o.o?
This sorta stuff is very common.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I really didn't like the male protaganist one bit until I saw this trailer, I mean now, he was able to look 100 times cooler than Ash during 30 seconds of seeing him.

The rival looks awesome and apparently can be named! Finally! I was disappointed when we couldn't name either of our rivals in B/W.

Final note, the way that the ice covered city was completely deserted and how Emboar reacted to Elesa (angrily) makes me think this has a darker tone from the rest of the games.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years

I...really really doubt that. Ash is an anime-exclusive basically, whereas this correlates directly to the games. I mean if they did that, they might as well have called Red/Blue 'Ash' and 'Gary'. But yeah, the anime doesn't really relate that much to the games and using an anime voice to represent it would seem a little unusual.
it wouldn't be unusual to tell whoever voices Ash in the anime to do a quick voice over to save money, trust me, the anime and the game have nothing to do with making more money

droomph

weeb
Years
Well you have to remember a private media company (like 4Kids and such) hosts the studio which does voices for the anime - it'd be a lot less hassle and paperwork for the Game Freak animation place to just hire new people (as they probably have a union and they're contractually bound), so if they hired the actual Ash voice actor then it wouldn't be lazy, but more rather reallly realllllly dumb. Besides, making a "quick dub" isn't as easy as you think - they have special equipment that they have to use to get an acceptable quality, so doing a quick little thing in a webcam microphone is out of the question.

@Kenmoor Knowing how stupid things usually get with dubs and stuff, they probably won't ever dub the animation. Besides, it's happened in the past where some special episodes (like some of the Pikachu shorts) haven't been dubbed so I'm not going to be surprised if they don't do a dub for this commercial.

Years
*Sigh* Oh well then. We can only hope and get that hope crushed.
*Goes right back to hoping.*
Anyways, couldn't they sell off the anime/commercial to an actual company that makes dubs? Like FUNimation or Viz Media. Then the fans could take the anime/whatever fits with it seriously.

Years
Ridiculously boring. Then what would be the point? Shoot, I'd rather have them show the commercial w/the Japanese voices. Better than the mute option.

Back