• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I actually quit my LeafGreen Nuzlocke, I didn't really have the time to focus on it the way I would want to. Using LeafGreen for Gym Leader Challenge now. So go ahead and take it off the list.

Username: [Supporter]NecrumWarrior[/Supporter]
Game: Diamond
Optional:
-Name all Pokemon
-Dead team = endgame
-No Legedary Pokemon

Because I like crying. ;.;

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Alright let's just say I just stumbled on to this place before I did the challenge and won the game. Let's hypothetically say that I recorded it. Does the video evidence (if I took any) automatically put me as a champion? Hypothetically speaking of course ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Username: pokem0nprincess
Game: Ruby

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring here as well, with Ruby. Only additional rule is that I must nickname all my Pokemon.

I chose Torchic as my starter. Male, nicknamed Chico. Went to find Brendan and hoped I wouldn't find a wild pokemon in route 101 but alas, I unfortunately encountered some before I had pokeballs. Beat Brendan. Came back to the Lab in Littleroot for some pokeballs so I could add a member to my team. I went up to route 102 and the first pokemon I encountered was a male Wurmple at level 3, caught it and nicknamed it Pinkworm. Then I went to route 103 and found a female Zigzagoon at level 3 and nicknamed her Ziggy. I did some hardcore grinding before traveling through route 103 to Petalburg as I didn't want any of my precious babies to faint. Did the stuff there, then continued to route 104 where I caught a level 4 female Wingull which I nicknamed Winnie. Ground a bit more until each of my pokemon were at level 8, then entered the woods and caught another male Wurmple at level 5 which I nicknamed Squishy and immediately boxed. I fought all the trainers up until Rustboro and grabbed some berries. There were a few close calls, but thank God Ziggy picked up some super potions for me on my journey thus far, as well as two nuggets which I sold for pure profit. I also level ground my team up to level 10 as I'm about to face Roxanne.

Current Team:
Chico/Torchic, (M. lv10)
Winnie/Wingull, (F. lv10)
Pinkworm/Beautifly, (M. lv10)
Ziggy/Zigzagoon, (F. lv10)

Deceased:
None so far.

Boxed:
Squishy/Wurmple, (M. lv5)

Update 1:
Narrowly defeated Roxanne, but the casualties were many. Winnie made quick work of Geodude, but was killed by Nosepass's Rock Throw. As were Pinkworm and Ziggy. Chico was lucky enough to burn Nosepass with Ember and I kept spamming Growl and taking Potions until Nosepass eventually fainted. I emerged victorious, but I feel I lost three of my dearest friends. I am very saddened. (No wonder this is such a difficult challenge.)
I have done nothing but add Squishy to my team since beating Roxanne.
Current Team
Chico/Torchic, (M. lv11)
Squishy/Wurmple, (M. lv5)

Deceased:
Pinkworm/Beautifly (M. lv10)
Winnie/Wingull (F. lv12)
Ziggy/Zigzagoon (F. lv10)

Boxed:
None

Update 2:
I added Squishy to my team and took it to the Petalburg Woods to train it up to at least level 10. I was glad to have a Dustox, as Pinkworm did not fare so well as a Beautifly. In Route 116 I caught a female Taillow at lv7 and nicknamed her Tila. I fought all the trainers, grabbed the berries, and set off to Rusturf Tunnel where I caught a male Whismur at lv7 whom I nicknamed Rory. Did that stuff, and returned to the Devon Corp for the letter, then I set sail for Dewford Town with Mr. Briney. My team was looking pretty good at this point, but as soon as I'd talked to everyone besides the gym in Dewford I sailed back to grind my team so Tila and Squishy were at level 14. I took on the gym trainers one by one, and Tila and Squishy were taking them out with Peck and Wing attack, and Gust and Confusion. I healed before facing Brawly, and beat them taking barely any damage. I headed to Granite Cave and grabbed flash, and made it to B1F before encountering a wild Pokemon, which was a female Aron, lv9. Caught her and I nicknamed her Erin. I braved my way through the rest of the cave and found Steven, delivered the letter, and returned to Dewford Town. After receiving the Old Rod from the fishing guru in Dewford, I considered catching a couple Magikarp/Tentacool just to box and save for later, but I haven't done so yet. Still debating waiting until I have a better rod or Surf to encounter some pokemon in Dewford Town and Route 106. This is all I have done, and I plan to grind Erin and Chico and likely Rory all to level 15 before I head to Slateport. No casualties in this update!
Current Team:
Erin/Aron, (F. lv9)
Tila/Taillow, (F. lv15)
Squishy/Dustox, (M. lv15)
Chico/Torchic, (M. lv14)
Rory/Whismur. (M. lv13)

Deceased: Same as last update

Boxed: None

Last edited:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Update 5
Badges: 3

I need to work out a schedule for my challenges or something, so I can update more frequently. Anyways, shortly after I continued my game after saving in Lavender Town, Pidgey evolved on Route 10. That was pretty nice, but unfortunelty, Nidorino was slain by Gary In Pokemon Tower. It's sad because he's one of the Pokemon I've had longest, I caught pretty early in the challenge. At least Nidorino would get a proper buriel after the battle. I left after defeating Gary, since I have not yet obtained the Silph Scope so I can see through the ghost's illusions in Pokemon Tower. I encountered yet another Pidgey on Route 8, and went ahead defeated it. However, I fortunately caught a Growlithe on Route 7, I named him Fenfir. After arriving in Celadon City, I decided I wanted the Eevee more than the Pokemon I could recieve in the Game Corner. I named him Volt since I plan to evolve him into a Jolteon. I then went into the Celadon Department Store and purchased a Leaf Stone to evolve Weed into a Vileploom. After that, I went into the Game Corner and pressed the button behind the poster that activated the steps into the Rocket's Secret Hideout. I tore through the facility pretty easily, and I have arrived at Giovanni's office. My next update will include a detailed battle with Giovanni. Oh, and I guess my Spearow evolved at some point, can't remember when.

Current Team
Spoiler:

Boxed Team
Spoiler:

Deceased
Spoiler:

Locked Out Areas
Spoiler:

Years
Meh, I was defeated by bugsy...
In storm silver she has 6 pokemon, she's ridiculously overpowered!
Guess I had to level up my party more..
Anyhow, I'll start over and try again.
The rules are the same:
Can't use gifted pokemon, only the first pokemon encountered in each area.
Limit of 3 heals per center, limit of 10 items per mart.
Use only poke balls to catch pokemons.
This time I will do it!

Alright, first update on my Storm Silver run!
I caught a Hoothoot on route 29, named him Keibriados.
I caught a Numel on route 49, named him Vulcan. Unfortunately it died at lv.7 while battling a trainer :(
I caught a Magikarp in Cherrygrove City with the old rod, named her Failkarp. Unsurprisingly, it was slain soon after.
I caught a Weedle on route 30, named her Duelista.
I caught a Bellsprout on route 31, named him Oklob. It was slain in the Bell Tower... Irony?
I caught a Sandshrew in the Dark Cave, named her Almalexia.
In the Bell Tower, then, I found a Spinda! Managed to catch her, named her Psyche.
I tried fishing again in Violet City, and this time found a Poliwag. I caught and named her Ilsuiw.
I then went to train in the outskirts of Violet City, on route 32, where I found and caught a Drifloon, named Glorx Vloq.
I am now preparing to face Falkner, and this is my party:
Duelista the lv.15 Beedrill
Poisong Sting, Twinneedle, Bug Bite, Fury Attack
015.gif

Almalexia the lv.14 Sandshrew
Scratch, Defense Curl, Sand-Attack, Poison Sting
027.gif

Ilsuiw the lv.12 Poliwag
Water Sport, Bubble, Hypnosis, Water Gun
060.gif

Keibriados the lv.12 Hoothoot
Tackle, Growl, Hypnosis, Air Cutter
163.gif

Psyche the lv.13 Spinda
Tackle, Uproar, Copycat
327.gif

Glorx Vloq the lv.13 Drifloon
Constrict, Minimize, Astonish, Gust
425.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
Username: deftrance
In-Game Name: Remus
Game: Leaf Green
Optional:
-Name all Pokemon
-Starter Pokemon based off Trainer ID
-Not officially enforcing the rules until the player has Poké Balls and can catch Pokémon
-Disallowing duplicate captures
-Boxing fainted pokemon in a 'Passed' box.

Pokemon_LeafGreen0011_zpsb0ad9142.png

Remus begins his adventure in wonderful Pallet Town. With a Trainer ID of 61229, he selects Leonardo, the Squirtle when presented with the opportunity of a lifetime by Professor Oak. After successfully vanquishing his rival's Bulbasaur. With a triumphant rest, demanded by his mother, Remus slipped off into the tall grass to make his way onwards towards Viridian City.

Pokemon_LeafGreen0001_zpscbb3eea4.png

Making his way carefully through the grass to Viridian City and speaking to a fine gentleman that offered him a Potion and told him to check out the Pokemart, he managed to battle three Rattatas before breaking free of the grass and taking in the sights of the city. A quick trip to the Pokemon Center for a brief respite preceded a visit to the aforementioned Pokemart. What's this? A package for Professor Oak? Why, of course I'll deliver that! And back to Pallet Town he goes, trudging through the grass and a few more battles along the way. Professor Oak was quite thrilled to have his package delivered to him and offered Remus five Pokeballs as thanks.

Remus left the Lab to visit Daisy, his rival's sister, who took it upon herself to offer a town map to assist in his journeys. After thanking the young lady, he checked in on his mother and took a short nap before returning to Viridian City via Route 1.
Remus's fateful encounter with Splinter, the Rattata soon followed, capturing him at level 3 and continuing on to the city…

Current Party
Leonardo (lvl 6-7)
Splinter (lvl 3)
Pokemon_LeafGreen0021_zpsa9a57373.png

Updates
Update 1

Last edited:
Years
Second update on my Storm Silver run!
Here I am, challenging Falkner, the bird pokemon gym leader.
I start with my trusty Almalexia the Sandshrew, facing Falkner's Doduo!
I command Almalexia to spend the first few turns buffing her defense up with Defense Curl, then I use a potion and finish off the Doduo with ease.

The next pokemon he sends out is Murkrow. Under normal circumstances this pokemon's attacks would be quite damaging, but since Almalexia buffed her defense up, now she can play offensively.
3 scratches are all it takes to bring Murkrow down. Next out is Swablu. Since I know Falkner taught it Solarbeam, I switch back my Sandshrew and send out Keibriados the Hoothoot.
Solarbeam is all this pokemon has of notable power, and Hoothoot manages to beat it with a combo of Hypnosis and Air Cutter.
Things look nicely for me, since the popular bird trainer only has 3 pokemons left now, while I still have 6!
Chatot is next. Unfortunately for me, I greatly underestimated this pokemon. I mindlessly send out Spinda, and Chatot pulverizes her with just one chatter...
I try to hypnotize Chatot with Poliwag, but he fails, and is brought down too. Annoying pokemon...
I decide to send out my strongest pokemon, Duelista the Beedrill, and end the slaughter.
She uses Fury Attack a couple of times, while enduring this pokemon's annoying chatter, and finally ends the bird's pitiful existence.
Falkner, why did you even catch this thing??

Next is Farfetch'd; in this hack he is a Fighting/Flying type. Needless to say, my Hoothoot has a big advantage, and using Hypnosis and Air Cutter, Farfetch'd is brought down with ease.

Now all Falkner has left is Pidgeotto. Scary, but it's 4 against one.
I do not want to lose Duelista yet, and send her back in favour of Hoothoot.
I use a Potion on Duelista on the first turn Keibriados is out. Keibriados is dead in one hit of Tackle...
I send out Sandshrew, and start using Defense Curl until Pidgeotto's aerial ace doesn't scare me anymore. It takes 3 potions to make this strategy work.
Almalexia then starts using scratch against Pidgeotto, and she do manages to damage him a bit, but she takes a critical hit the turn after and is left with only 7 hp.
I decide to send out Drifloon to heal my Sandshrew a bit, and the poor balloon pokemon gets one shotted by a critical aerial ace...
Duelista is my only hope now... She uses Bug Bite on Pidgeotto, eating his berry and regaining some health, while bringing the bird down to less than half health.

My Beedrill then endures aerial ace aaaaaand... I win with Twinneedle! Yay! I did it, but I lost 4 pokemons...

I used a total of 6 potions during this fight.
Farewell Keibriados the Hoothoot, Glorx Vloq the Drifloon, Psyche the Spinda and Ilsuiw the Poliwag.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
Update #1:
After arriving once more in Viridian City, Remus takes a short break at the Pokemon Center before visiting the old man to the North. After a brief teaching session, he's handed his own Teachy TV. With his new item in hand, Remus ventured off to the West and onto Route 22. After vanquishing a Rattata (No dupe rule), Remus encountered a Spearow! Weakening him with Splinter, he managed to catch him. Our newest addition to the PokeParty: Hawkman, the Spearow (And yes, Hawkman is female. I don't judge.)

Pokemon_LeafGreen0031_zpsc624c636.png

Remus spent some time in this particular patch of grass, feeling some manner of important battle on the horizon. When his team was finally all above level 10, he visited the northern path of Route 22, only to find Kene, his Rival. This battle was quick and painless, with Hawkman easily soloing both Rattata and Bulbasaur.

Pokemon_LeafGreen0041_zps688751e4.png

Afterwards, a quick visit to the Pokemon Center for a top-up and then the PokeMart to purchase potions and a few Pokeballs and Remus continued onwards, north to Route 2.

Again, the first encounter on Route 2... a Rattata. With a sigh, Splinter made short work of her only to encounter the newest member of the Superhero Squad... Wasp, the Weedle.

Pokemon_LeafGreen0051_zps2439b22a.png

Current Team
007.gif

Leonardo, the Squirtle - Mild
Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble, Withdraw

019.gif

Splinter, the Rattata - Sassy
Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

021.gif

Hawkman, the Spearow - Docile
Peck, Growl, Leer

013.gif

Wasp, the Weedle - Jolly
Poison Sting, String Shot

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
username - Riane
game - blaze black

update #1
Spoiler:

current team
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Alright, since I'm just going to ignore every other challenge I've signed up for, I'm going to sign up for this one.

Username: Samurott01
Game: Ruby
Extra Rules: None

I already have somewhat of an update.

Update #1: Ruby Hard Mode.... And, Begin!
I'm playing this on my DS, so I won't be able to update very quickly.
Spoiler:

The Samurott01 Official Nuzlocke Team!
Spoiler:

Boxed: 0

Dead: 0

Originality Points (I'll be keeping track of this to see just how original I am): 3

That's it for now, I'll be updating later! Peace!

Last edited:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
It's been almost a year since I've done a Nuzlocke, so I decided to start one on White. I'm actually doing it on my physical cartridge, so there's that.

Only optional rule I'm running is no duplicates.

White Update #1

Badges:2

-Everything was going great, until Jacques (my Snivy) got super amazingly unlucky and died before we ever got to the first gym :(
-Wilfred took out Chili with little issue. Only needed the one Potion
-Wilfred evolved into a Herdier outside of Pinwheel Forest
-Every single member of my team excpet for Wilfred (and Margaery, but I'm not planning on actually using her) just got unlucky as heck and dropped like flies
-The Lenora fight was fine, Wilfred soloed it like a trooper. He had to have the assistance of quite a few Super Potions, however
-I caught Lenny the Sewaddle in the actual inside part of Pinwheel Forest, and before we got out he ws already Lv. 20 and evolving into a Swadloon
-Saved in Castelia City

Catch List:
Spoiler:

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

The Team:
507.gif

Wilfred the Sassy Herdier ♂, Lv. 22
Ability: Sand Rush
-Work Up
-Tackle
-Take Down
-Bite

541.gif

Lenny the Gentle Swadloon ♂, Lv. 21 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
-Tackle
-Protect
-Bug Bite
-Razor Leaf

551.gif

Orlando the Bold Sandile ♂, Lv. 16
Ability: Intimidate
-Sand Attack
-Torment
-Sand Tomb
-Assurance

HM Slaves:
Margaery the Patrat: Cut

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
Haven't really played a Pokémon game the full way through in ages so I figured what better way than a Nuzlocke?

Username: DelightedTurk
Game: Emerald (Randomized)

First update should be up soon, wish me luck guys!

EDIT: Got enough done for an update!

Update #1
-Did all starting stuff.
-Saved Professor Birch from a wild Poochyena using Ryan the Hitmontop, could have picked a Spinda or a Dugtrio.
-Caught wild Blastoise on Route 101, named Alex.
-Caught a Whismur on Route 102, named Leah.
-Caught a Machop on Route 103, named Connor.
-Helped Wally catch a Ralts.
-Failed to catch a wild Steelix on Route 104.
-Failed to catch a wild Corsola in Petalburg Woods.
-Failed to catch a wild Regirock on Route 116 (the muhf****r used explosion and almost killed Alex).
-Failed to catch a wild Porygon2 in Verdanturf tunnel.
-Beat Roxanne with ease.
001-1_zps777d87f3.png

-Retrieved Devon Goods from Aqua grunt.
-Leah the Whismur fainted in a battle vs. May, was locked in with Uproar, simply careless.
002-1_zps37e6a105.png

-Caught a Charmander in Granite Cave, named Bruce after the original Nuzlocke.
-Bruce evolved into a Charmeleon.
-Beat Brawley after abusing Ryan's Intimidate ability on Makuhita.
003-1_zpsf2088743.png

Heaven
Heaven-1_zpsad568027.png

I'm really upset that I lost Leah as I was really looking forward to having an Exploud on my team as I really like the design, and up to that point Whismur was by far exceeding my expectations for her and was taking out everything. Pleased with how my Gym battles turned out though.

Last edited:
Years
First Update in quite some time, due to the release of Fire Emblem Awakening. I got about 6 gyms through Crystal last night and decided instead of putting it into two updates, I'll just finish the game and post it all so I can get on with my favourite game of all time, Emerald. It will mostly be in image form with a few notes.

Spoiler:

The Team (Worst to best):
Spoiler:

EDIT: Completely forgot about the boxed and Deceased lists:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Deceased (Not including died against Red):
Spoiler:

Expect the Emerald nuzlocke to come a lot sooner than this update did.

Last edited:

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
Update #2
-Found Steven in Granite Cave and delivered the Letter from Mr. Stone (without Flash it's not very fun).
-Caught a female Dugtrio on Route 110, named her Dee (private joke, HEAD x3), great catch for next Gym.
-Defeated Team Aqua and met Archie for the first time.
-Found a wild Hitmontop on Route 117, but didn't catch due to the Duplicate clause.
-Caught a female Nicada on Route 117, named her Julie.
-Defeated Wattson, but lost Dee on the way, damn her brittle defences.
004-1_zps2d058c83.png
005-1_zpsf2860ba3.png

-Failed to catch a wild Octillery on Route 112.
-Caught a female Milotic in Fiery Path, named her Sheala (after PokeCinema's Milotic), boxed for now because I don't need 2 Water types.
-Caught a female Slaking on Route 113, named her Slaqueen, going to box her because of the ability.
-Failed to catch a wild Castform on Route 114.
-Caught a female Makuhita in Meteor Falls, named her Liz, boxed as it would be my 3rd fighting type.
-Beat Maxie atop of Mt. Chimney.
006-1_zpsd67096ea.png

-Caught a female Ledian in Jagged Pass, named her Marge, contemplating boxing her but unsure.
-Defeated Flannery but oh my her Torkoal was a pain with Attract.
007-1_zps8679099e.png

-Received a mysterious egg from an old woman in Lavaridge town (using it as my Pokémon for this area).
-Connor evolved into a Machoke in a battle vs. a Gym Trainer.
008-2_zpse59c3439.png

-Caught a male Grumpig in Mirage Tower, named him Shane, going straight into the team.
-Caught a male Ponyta on Route 111, in the desert, named him James, being boxed.
-A Wynaut hatched from the Mystery Egg! Named him Paul, boxed immediately due to Grumpig.
009-2_zps4f803b37.png

-Beat Norman but lost Ryan and Connor along the way, his Slaking lived with 1HP from a Low Kick from Connor. Very saddening.
010-3_zps655e48c2.png
011-1_zpsfe72a2c8.png
012-3_zpsaef919a8.png

-Withdrew Liz the Makuhita from the box, she has big shoes to fill replacing both Connor and Ryan, Ryan's importance to the team was being overshadowed by Connor's strength but they'll both be missed sorely.

The Team
013-3_zps4cb77bbf.png
014-2_zpsdd7c89ad.png

015-3_zpsef2c767d.png
016-3_zps96aef4a2.png

017-3_zps37abc571.png
018-3_zps8068eb19.png

019-3_zpsfd636ac1.png
020-2_zps178a371b.png

Heaven
Heaven-1_zps6e896e72.png

I'm really upset that I another three Pokémon; Dee, Ryan and Connor were all great assets to the team. I'm especially down about Connor because he had become the battering ram of the team and could take out anyone. I showed too much faith in him though and didn't heal. Stupid mistakes caused 2/3 of these deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back