• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moving Battle Backgrounds

Years
Okay, so I'm a decent pixel artist (in my own biased opinion) but I'm a bit of a noob at computery stuff.

These two frames are rough (very rough) drafts for a beach battle animation. Eventually I'm going to do other backgrounds too.

I made them in Paint. How do I save them as an animation?

beach.png

Stay tuned. I'll be posting my battle backgrounds here for everyone to use for their made-at-home games. When I'm done with the beach animation I'll be taking requests. If you want to be part of the project, send me a pm or post below. I'm mostly looking for people who can re-color for day/night, etc.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
You need an gif animator such as U-lead or microsoft gif animator.
So the picture you've drawn would end up like the animation below attached.
Although it is best to make more than 2 frames when it comes to waves xD, I'd say about 6 frames for a smooth animation.

Years
I was planning on more frames, for sure, I was just trying to see how those two looked before I did some transition frames and crashing waves.

Anyway, thanks

Years
Okay then; I've got more transitions, and the GIF is almost ready. About how many frames would be optimal, so as not to slow a game down? I'd like to be detailed and cool and stuff, but not if it would be at the cost of smooth gameplay. I don't really have an idea of the average computing power for various game programs though. Can someone give me an idea?

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2010
I like the colors :D
But as many people said add more frames :)

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
.Gif files will work although it seems to work only in certain places for some weird reason(may be just me) for example the battle system.

Back