• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokemon Plasma

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2018
I kinda wanted to write a couple of connected short stories related to pokemon, with a (in my opinion) brilliant plot twist later on, which I am not going to spoil just yet.
So I started putting words onto paper, black on white. As I am taking a break from writing (aka breakfast), and I would like someone to read through it and tell me their general opinion on the story so far but I do not really have anyone among my friends who I presume would like to read Pokemon fanfic, so I decided to post here.
Please tell me what you think of the story so far, and of my writing style as well, do I need to make some changes to make it better?
Should I continue posting/editing as I write more?
Thanks for your time. Here comes the story! :)
(TL;DR - please comment!)

Chapter 1: Prologue

There you were in a vehicle that travels time rather than space looking at the yellow pokeball in your hand, reminiscing about the events that brought you into this position.
Two months ago you were an ambitious, young trainer. Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, nothing of that sort could put a dent into your motivation.
You headed towards Accumula Town's Pokemon Center with your battle-worn Dewott following each of your steps. You walked around the corner of a house right into the street in which the Pokemon Center was located when out the corner of your eye you noticed a group of people partaking in some public speaking event.
"Let's check it out Oshawott! It seems fun!" you said followed by a disappointed look from your Dewott. Analyzing it's annoyed stare you realized your mistake, innocently scratching the back of your head with your right hand you said "Oh, sorry Dewott! I'm still getting used to being a trainer" with an apologetic look spread across your face. As you and your Dewott closed in on the group of people you started to hear the words of the person doing the public speaking.
"My name is Ghetsis. I am here representing Team Plasma. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to talk to you about Pokémon liberation."
"Po-Pokemon liberation?" you muttered to yourself confused.
By now you have already reached the group and became part of it. Listening to Ghetsis' rant has begun to open new perspectives to you.
"That's right! We must liberate the Pokémon! Then, and only then, will humans and Pokémon truly be equals." When that last sentence escaped Ghetsis' lips your world shattered in a heartbeat, your dreams turned into dust, and all the motivation you had a moment before crumbled into pieces. It all made sense, too much sense.
"How could I have been so selfish to think of using Pokemon, living, sentient beings, to fulfill my goals of beating the Elite Four and thereby gaining fortune and fame." the voice in your head said. You stood there, thinking, when all of the sudden you felt a faint tapping on your back. You looked around to see that the crowd of people you were in has already dispersed. Then you've seen Ghetsis' slowly walking away in the distance. Filled with questions that scream for answers started sprinting towards him leaving behind your Dewott which patted you on the back. Once you were a few feet behind him, he turned around looking at you. You stopped running and started panting like you've run a marathon. Your heart was pumping like it was going to explode, but that was due to the fact that you were nervous and afraid of the answers Ghetsis surely has for you. Before you could articulate a though he greeted you in a sympathetic manner.
"Greetings, is there anyway I can help you?"
"Uh, yes... Uhm... I'm sorry. I was eavesdropping on you earli-"
And before you could finish your sentence he interrupted you with
"Oh don't fret about it, I'm glad that I was heard. The more people find out the truth, the more likely it is that my ideals will motivate others do do the right thing." and then he added "So I presume you came with a question you would like to ask?"
Stunned by his foresight and charisma you were left speechless. Your Dewott caught up on you.
"Oh, is this your pokemon?" Ghetsis asked "How wonderful, let's have a little battle to see whether my hunch about you is right" he said without giving you time to react.
"Hunch, what kind of hunch could he have" you asked yourself silently and then Ghetsis whistled. His whistling was shortly followed by a Hydreigon shooting down from the sky and landing right in front of him.
"Amazing" was the only word that could escape your mouth in this moment of awe.
"Are you ready?" Ghetsis inquired.
"Y-Yes" You muttered, "Let's go Dewott! Use Water Pulse!" you ordered. As Dewott jumped into the battlefield from behind you, holding a pulsating ball of water between its paws you couldn't help but notice all the wounds on its back. From all the excitement and shock you went through you had forgot to bring Dewott to the pokemon center to heal up after your hard training.
"Hydreigon, counter with Fire Blast" Ghetsis ordered sternly.
As the two attacks connected, fire and water respectively, they canceled each other out, covering the whole improvised battlefield into a thick fog.

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I want to say your style is fairly decent so far and the premise is really intriguing what with the time travel in the first sentence. A big and really easy thing you might want to fix is adding a space between each paragraph and also using English-style quotation marks ("like so"). You can use the 'replace' function in your word processor to do that easily if your keyboard doesn't support them. Or even autocorrect if you know how to set that up.

The story itself seems fine so far. I can't tell if this is the B&W plot because I haven't played it yet, but if it isn't it seems really interesting. However, your main character comes off as a bit… eh in the motivations department. I mean, I kinda think, as a trainer, you'd need a bit more persuasion to jump ship to the dark side like that. Not this weird, sudden epiphany your character seems to do.

Is it mind control? If it is, perhaps you might want to spell that out a bit better. Again, it's kind of weak and there's basically zero conflict. Your 2nd person perspective format lends itself to this kind of "voice says to you" thing which implies that it's maybe not my own thoughts on the matter. But at the same time, I think I'd put up a better fight than that, don't you think?

Aside from that, there's this small bit at the beginning where he says "I'm still getting used to being a trainer"? Yeah… if he's had that Oshawott long enough for it to evolve into a Dewott, you'd think he'd be used to being a trainer by now. Maybe change that to him getting used to the new name.

Anyway, that's the one major gripe and one minor issue I had with this fic. You might want to fix your pacing a bit (it is kind of rushed I think) and proofread here and there, but for the most part it's okay. Feel free to ask me about anything you're unsure of.

Last edited:
Back