• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@machomuu: Gijinkas are, technically speaking, a very specific type of 'pokemorph' that is /mostly/ human. These are both popular fan terms used within the community to describe very simple concepts. Bulbapedia actually has an entire article on the various types of popular pokemorphs. It's also supposed to imply some 'moe' qualities, but a significant portion of fans overlook that part making it... slightly dated in terms of relevance to the real world.

Also, I disagree. One cannot 'plagiarise' a concept. A concept is a meta-physical idea first and foremost, not writing... far beyond the morally acceptable reach of someone to govern. Only once manifested and fleshed out into something creative can it be reasonably claimed to be someone's idea. That is to say, if the person using the concept does not 'put any spins' on it such as the addition of context, background info, additional changes, etcetera than they have not created something they can claim was their own to be stolen in the first place.

For instance, in Pokemon Fallout I could claim I created "Poke Spirits", which are a creative spin on gijinkas, adding unique background info and whatnot, but I would not claim that I have any right to gijinkas as a concept, as I did not make it or contribute to it in any way.
But an idea nonetheless, and real...no, wait. I'm not doing this. This is turning more subjective than factual, and worse, it's becoming circular and boring. I mean, we can keep going, but clearly no one's going to come to a clear cut answer due to the apparent subjectivity that has overcome the matter.

I'll hold the statement I said prior to "Run-on sentences FTW" and leave it at that.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Whoop, just missed the giant debate.
Anyway, the RPs I'm interested in are usually ones that put a unique spin on things, and for some reason I also gravitate to (post) apocalyptic stories like Disease Deoxys.

>insert plug of own RP here

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Machomuu: No sir. Pokemon Fallout is a sandbox RP with no experience curve, meaning anyone can jump in at any time and the only thing stopping them from being the ultimate warrior is their RPing ability and their knowledge. There is no one ending, but in short, the goal is to change the world somehow, for better or worse. You may understand what I mean better if you read the plot.

One thing I should mention is that it's a common misconception that the world is dying or otherwise severely visually impacted by the plot. However this simply isn't true; only the cities and towns are being severely impacted.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Machomuu: No sir. Pokemon Fallout is a sandbox RP with no experience curve, meaning anyone can jump in at any time and the only thing stopping them from being the ultimate warrior is their RPing ability and their knowledge. There is no one ending, but in short, the goal is to change the world somehow, for better or worse. You may understand what I mean better if you read the plot.

One thing I should mention is that it's a common misconception that the world is dying or otherwise severely visually impacted by the plot. However this simply isn't true; only the cities and towns are being severely impacted.
Ah, okay, thanks, sorry to interrupt the discussion for that, but I was reading through the thread and was pretty impressed; it's quite a work of art.

Okay, SU creatin' time.

Dawn

Years
@Machomuu: Thank you!~ I really appreciate that, as I did in fact put quite a bit of work into making it. My only fears at this point are that people won't have the taste to censor things too graphic for an M rated roleplay and I'll have to step in and get bossy, as there's no room leftover for being lax as the no MA rule is Skymin's rule, not mine. |D I've tried to stress it in the rules however, so hopefully it can be avoided / kept to a minimum.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
What kind off RPs are you interested in?

I like roleplays that generally allow a character to have special powers(which means playing as a pkm, gijinka, or 'special' human). As for plots, I like apocalypses, revolutions, some survival, tournaments etc. Anything that seems action-packed or interesting at the time, really.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
So, we were talking about plagerism, yes?

Pokemon Trainer Academy (PTA) by jackblaze.

Pokemon Gijinka Academy (PGA) by Riox Pro.

tumblr_lwtg46Wfsy1qfnb9g.gif

Erm... Marin, did you see this? Is it me, or is PGA's plot a lot like a certain RP you GM...?

It's about Gijinkas on an Island off of Unova, where they go to an Academy.

___

If I can place my input...

It sounds just like Pokemon Trainer Academy, but with Gijinkas instead of Trainers.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Pokemon Trainer Academy (PTA) by jackblaze.

Pokemon Gijinka Academy (PGA) by Riox Pro.

tumblr_lwtg46Wfsy1qfnb9g.gif

Erm... Marin, did you see this? Is it me, or is PGA's plot a lot like a certain RP you GM...?

It's about Gijinkas on an Island off of Unova, where they go to an Academy.

___

If I can place my input...

It sounds just like Pokemon Trainer Academy, but with Gijinkas instead of Trainers.

It's not a new RP, it's an old RP. Plus it's actually older than PTA because I saw it on another website as well.

And well, not to act like a dick and stuff but even PTA isn't an entirely original concept, considering there have been a bunch of old Pokemon Trainer Academy RPs as well >_>;;

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

It's not a new RP, it's an old RP. Plus it's actually older than PTA because I saw it on another website as well.

And well, not to act like a dick and stuff but even PTA isn't an entirely original concept, considering there have been a bunch of old Pokemon Trainer Academy RPs as well >_>;;

I think we're keeping the 'rules' within the boundary of this website. At least I think so.

Plus, technically, nothing is original.

But meh, just thought I'd bring it up, and it gave me an excuse to get a meme on here. So it was a win for me.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I think we're keeping the 'rules' within the boundary of this website. At least I think so.

Plus, technically, nothing is original.

But meh, just thought I'd bring it up, and it gave me an excuse to get a meme on here. So it was a win for me.

Ahaha I'm pretty sure if you steal from another website you'll still get caught. d:

And yeah, I guess you're right.

Dawn

Years
@Zerin & DeepImpact: You wouldn't believe how hilariously common school RPs are across the internet as a whole. They're... honestly almost never as successful as PTA though, and... people tend to look down on people who make them. =/

Also, I'm amused that neither of you pointed out that PTA is /actually/ based on Yu-Gi-Oh GX!~

Originality is a worthless quality in my eyes anyway. Nothing is original under the sun. All glorification is pretentious. Etcetera.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
@Zerin & DeepImpact: You wouldn't believe how hilariously common school RPs are across the internet as a whole. They're... honestly almost never as successful as PTA though, and... people tend to look down on people who make them. =/

Also, I'm amused that neither of you pointed out that PTA is /actually/ based on Yu-Gi-Oh GX!~

Originality is a worthless quality in my eyes anyway. Nothing is original under the sun. All glorification is pretentious. Etcetera.

I guess it's because how common they are which is why the GMs aren't really appreciated? Maybe.

And tbh I haven't seen YGO GX so I really wouldn't know lol.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
No, we're not. We ended that about 7 posts ago, and then we ended it again at least 2 posts ago.
This presents the very real possibility that the word didn't come from Saph at all, thus making the claim unjustified and undefendable without a confession, which would be completely unwarranted, undesired, and most of all, unnecessary.
End. Ended. Over. Done.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
No, we're not. We ended that about 7 posts ago, and then we ended it again at least 2 posts ago.

End. Ended. Over. Done.

Hmm... Any more blatently rude points you'd like to make? Plus, my was correct. We were talking about it earlier, and I simply put in something I noticed. So you, sir, are incorrect, because I didn't ask if we were (currently) talking about it, as it was past-tense.

________

Marin

I stopped watching YuGiOh after the original series ended, so I wouldn't have known. That is a fun fact though.

________

Soo, new, relevant topic before we end up with another argument.

Which do you prefer more? Rp's made from Games, or Shows, or purely original ideas?

I didn't want to use the word "original", because it isn't, but it gets the point across.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Which do you prefer more? Rp's made from Games, or Shows, or purely original ideas?

I'm thinking games. They really interest me, I'm so addicted to them. I don't know that many shows really.

Marin-Yu-Gi-Oh GX? I remember that show well! If you got the idea from that, why are the lower class yellow in PTA when the lower class is red in the show? xD

Dawn

Years
@SD: It is? I find that easy to forget, considering the red duelists in GX /always/ pull out their inner strength to win the day and jazz like that. Either way, there's other clues. The abandoned Lugia Dorm, the style of dorm naming... The point I'd like to make is that it doesn't matter. A good RP is so much more than a simple concept such as 'school for pokemon trainers rp' to begin with. |3

Nam

Years

I prefer RPs from shows, cause to be honest, it is why we RP in the first place. We watch all these fantastic characters so many times that we enter the point where we wish we could join them. We wish -I wish, I could enter some dimension where I'm suddenly in their reality. Because our reality seems to boring and dull -but I'd probably learn to appreciate that peace if I could experience what it's like to run away and fight for freedom. xP

Game's were probably made for this purpose in a sense; I wouldn't know. But playing video games comes pretty close. Role-playing comes even closer, because we have the freedom to jump over that one way ledge even though you already did. Because you can enter houses and gym through the window instead of using the door like normal people. Because you can sway from the path and go your own way. Because it's an MMO without all the stupid crap.

Now, the problem with purely original ideas is that you'd have to create an entire imaginary world. You'd have to create the towns, the maps, the names, the history, the logic, the people; how they look, their customs, etc. It's a very big and vast task. Few can pull this off, but it has the potential of being a very good RP. Of course, this is MY definition of an original RP.

This kinda concludes my post. Thanks for reading. xP

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@SD: It is? I find that easy to forget, considering the red duelists in GX /always/ pull out their inner strength to win the day and jazz like that. Either way, there's other clues. The abandoned Lugia Dorm, the style of dorm naming... The point I'd like to make is that it doesn't matter. A good RP is so much more than a simple concept such as 'school for pokemon trainers rp' to begin with. |3

Now I'm curious about the Lugia Dorm. I know Ghost Pokemon roam around inside. :\ Could you tell me more about it? Anyway, I do find it better to change the concepts rather than follow the whole 'original' plot. I'm glad I joined PTA. :) It's really fun & I hope to meet everyone in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back