• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I've gotten much better over time about saving space in my bag, since I play Red and Blue almost exclusively, bag space is a real problem. Nowadays, I sometimes get full with Fire Blast from Blaine, and then I can't get Fissure from Giovanni, but I almost never have TMs left in my bag that aren't from a Gym Leader.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I usually only buy 2 Pokeballs from the Viridian Mart, which I use on a Spearow and whichever my first Pokemon is, some Potions, Bide, Escape Rope, Rare Candy, Fossil, Nugget, SS Ticket, Bubblebeam (sometimes used), and Dig (sometimes used). So at the most, I guess I just have 9 items when I get on da boat.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
WAIT did I miss something is there a challenge based on bag spacw?! wait no i did approve something today with that rule...okay nevermind carry on. lmao

Years
I was thinking about a challenge thread where each challanger is six Pokémon each with their restrictions (like one Pokémon must solo a Gym Leader to evolve, another must keep certain move in move at all times, and another must battle 10 trainers to evolve, and then solo a gym leader to evolve again). Each person would suggest one Pokémon for a challenger, and the challenger would have the ultimate say over what challenges they took. Does this sound like good idea? I've seen this idea done on another forum, but I don't know if it would be considered too similar to the Random Pokémon Challenge. So what do you guys think?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It sounds kind of like a scramble challenge, which you get to pick your team (if I'm not mistaken) and other challengers will choose the restriction it has, though usually the restriction isn't evolving by fighting a gym leader. That's not similar to the random challenge at all though, lol. Just reminds me of a scramble.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Nah, we just started about TM hoarding, which got me bragging talking about saving bagspace. And I think I'd be pretty good at that challenge if there was one, I've played RB enough to know where all the items I need are.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
We've had a couple threads go through where you just used baby Pokemon, but I don't think we've had one where you're supposed to evolve said baby Pokemon. That being said, I would almost just do it as an Egg Group Challenge, since 13/18 of the baby Pokemon are either in the Fairy Egg Group (7), or Human-like Egg Group (6)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But not all baby Pokemon come from the same Egg Group, I don't think. I think it could go as its own challenge, however it's a bit restrictive and a lot of people are gonna have similar teams which is always kinda meh. Diversity is good you know. There was also a challenge where the challenger gave away 6 random eggs and she had a theme for each team. I got the team that was all baby Pokemon actually, lol. Using babies SUCKS.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2012
But not all baby Pokemon come from the same Egg Group, I don't think. I think it could go as its own challenge, however it's a bit restrictive and a lot of people are gonna have similar teams which is always kinda meh. Diversity is good you know. There was also a challenge where the challenger gave away 6 random eggs and she had a theme for each team. I got the team that was all baby Pokemon actually, lol. Using babies SUCKS.
Laura's eggy challenge or whatever you called it? It actually looked kinda fun
Especially the messed up egg run
Either way, Magby and Elekid don't suck
The rest on the other hand ...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, that's the one. And I had a Magby actually, which was the best thing I had haha. I don't remember anything else, but I know Bonsly was alright. BUT HAPPINY. UGH. And even after evolving...UGH. I ended up quitting in favor of starting our Halloween event last year, and I needed to use my Black version sooo yeah. lol Speaking of events, I hope everyone's ready for the GTX event!

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Right, but like I said, a good 2/3 of them come from one of two egg groups. And yeah, having only like 18 to choose from is quite a bit restrictive.
OMGOSH EVENT, WHEN WHEN WHEN. And, more important, can I monotype it? :3

GTX is uhhhhh the 24th? Whenever the banner on the homepage says it is. I'm assuming the challenge event will need to run the whole time, as it does take people a little longer to run through a challenge than to uhhhhhh play a round of iSketch. And yeah, I guess you could monotype it, if you really wanted to.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Nope! Its a completely different kind of challenge, the likes of which have never been seen on this board. There are going to be two different types (Syd and I are co-running the event, but it sort of turned into us doing two different challenges lol). I'm not going to say anything else past that, though! You'll just have to wait until GTX starts!

Years
I had an idea for a challenge recently so here goes:
It would be called the Rare Pokemon Challenge or something and basically, the first pokemon you encounter on a route you have to catch. But, if you encounter a pokemon on that route that's rarer, you must ditch the previous pokemon and use that pokemon (etc, etc) No repels allowed and probably no fly, as that makes the event of finding a new rarer pokemon less likely (for when you backtrack) and of course no capturing a pokemon that's less rare or of equal rarity to the pokemon you have. (in events where there's only one of a pokemon species available (i.e. hoenn route 101 with the starters) you have to use it, and any shinies MUST be used as they're as rare as you get)

So what do you guys think? :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2012
Not really that challenging imo
I can just run around until I get that particular rare Pokemon (since it'll most likely be better than the very common ones) and no Fly is just a nuisance, at least for the reasons you presented.

Years
^^Well it becomes challenging if say you get stuck with a surskit or a dunsparce or something. And I think my fly rule makes sense, it gives you more of the challenge... (it could be optional) Anyway, this was just my most basic idea.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Mehhhh. You only have 6 slots, so even if you got stuck with a Surskit, you could just catch something on another route and replace it if you don't want it. And I agree, no fly is more painful than its worth. Not that many games require excessive backtracking through grass (many make you backtrack through water, but oh no, you're probably going to get a Tentacool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back