• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Aah, this brings back memories of the epic battles held with the pkmaster and kaine.

LMAO MM just warned xP

I wasn't even going to say anything because I really don't care but it's not fair to alienate SH . so if i get kicked from the club for how I express my views then so be it , I took the banner and shc card out of my sig long time ago so it really wouldn't phase me in the least . BTW MM when did the "club" decide anything ? youve been MIA forever and I talk to LDD so I know you ahvent talked to her and Im pretty sure you just started talking to yami recently so wheres this "club" decides comment comming from ? you'll notice I didnt mention ryan becuz he has also been MIA and I don't know if youve been in touch with him . so it really looks like you've made these decisions and they just have to agree when it comes down to it . all in all MM I'm not sucking up anything or leaving if you really want me to go then say so then you can come off as the great co-owner banisher the most evilest of flamers bahahaha
It's not your "expression of views" so much as your rudeness and personal attacks. You're digging up old (very old, as in 1 year +) trash on me and just begging to start a flame war. (I mean, what do old failed website attempts have to do with hack devices, anyway?) The rules I've brought up were just ideas I was tossing around. They aren't official, and if they're going to cause such turmoil, I'm just going to drop them right now. (unless another co-owner likes the idea) No hacking devices will be permitted, period, just as it was before. Happy?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Am I still an owner? I forget.
As an inactive owner turned member (or at least I tried, I can't 100% recall how my stepping down went) - I daresay I have one of the more ideal points of view on this "class-issue". (Especially now that I've gone back and read up on this disagreement).
Greg - it's unfair for you to show up and impose new rules without at least talking to the co-owners who have been continually present.
I believe that the SHC does have a tendency to be a little too controlling. Our leaders sold out a little bit and went a bit mad with power. But that madness was undoubtedly due, in part, to the frequency and ridiculous nature of shiny capture claims by members (and the tedious, headache-generating practice of making trainer cards).
There's too little discussion of shiny hunting and too much discussion of rules. This has damn near always been the case, and it's absolutely no fun for anybody. Members don't like being bossed and bullied and owners don't like feeling betrayed and lied to.
I think that our problems would ease up if we dropped the cards.
*And the masses start an UPROAR*
*Ryan's special ability is SOUNDPROOF - so suck it*
Hear me out: The owners used to be able to laugh off bogus claims. We'd be like, "haha - yea... you're full of crap."
Now the way we see bogus claims is like, "Here - I'm presenting you with a false claim and I expect you to spend the next half hour of your life making me a trainer card."
This makes the owners much more likely to get furious when they believe a claim is false. And as a result, they have outbursts and the members feel victimized.
If we can get back to a point where we can laugh off the falseness of claims rather than flame each other (like back when pkmaster would make claims - we'd laugh - if she was requesting trainer cards, we'd punch holes in our monitors) I think the club could be helped. So - this is what I suggest:
a) We either get rid of T-Cards completely and just use general banners, or
b) We put members (not owners) in charge of making the cards (Greg would either have to relinquish control or step down as a co-owner)
I accept responsibility in part for making such effing great T-Cards, but from where I sit - they seem to be causing more hurt than help.
The SHC is currently too strict about the "validity" of claims. If people don't actually want to hunt, then they won't hunt and they won't have anything interesting to tell us so they won't stick around. If we don't lure in potential liars with damn sexy cards, they won't bug us and we can get back to what this club was initially created for: swapping stories of our trials and tribulations in shiny hunting. Not "pin the blame on the owners (if you're a member)/members (if you're an owner)."
But that's just my opinion, and I don't even know how much power I have. Like it or leave it I guess.
Please don't resent me for making suggestions after suddenly reappearing after a long time off.
And guys, please keep it civilized.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Am I still an owner? I forget.
As an inactive owner turned member (or at least I tried, I can't 100% recall how my stepping down went) - I daresay I have one of the more ideal points of view on this "class-issue". (Especially now that I've gone back and read up on this disagreement).
Greg - it's unfair for you to show up and impose new rules without at least talking to the co-owners who have been continually present.
I believe that the SHC does have a tendency to be a little too controlling. Our leaders sold out a little bit and went a bit mad with power. But that madness was undoubtedly due, in part, to the frequency and ridiculous nature of shiny capture claims by members (and the tedious, headache-generating practice of making trainer cards).
There's too little discussion of shiny hunting and too much discussion of rules. This has damn near always been the case, and it's absolutely no fun for anybody. Members don't like being bossed and bullied and owners don't like feeling betrayed and lied to.
I think that our problems would ease up if we dropped the cards.
*And the masses start an UPROAR*
*Ryan's special ability is SOUNDPROOF - so suck it*
Hear me out: The owners used to be able to laugh off bogus claims. We'd be like, "haha - yea... you're full of crap."
Now the way we see bogus claims is like, "Here - I'm presenting you with a false claim and I expect you to spend the next half hour of your life making me a trainer card."
This makes the owners much more likely to get furious when they believe a claim is false. And as a result, they have outbursts and the members feel victimized.
If we can get back to a point where we can laugh off the falseness of claims rather than flame each other (like back when pkmaster would make claims - we'd laugh - if she was requesting trainer cards, we'd punch holes in our monitors) I think the club could be helped. So - this is what I suggest:
a) We either get rid of T-Cards completely and just use general banners, or
b) We put members (not owners) in charge of making the cards (Greg would either have to relinquish control or step down as a co-owner)
I accept responsibility in part for making such effing great T-Cards, but from where I sit - they seem to be causing more hurt than help.
The SHC is currently too strict about the "validity" of claims. If people don't actually want to hunt, then they won't hunt and they won't have anything interesting to tell us so they won't stick around. If we don't lure in potential liars with damn sexy cards, they won't bug us and we can get back to what this club was initially created for: swapping stories of our trials and tribulations in shiny hunting. Not "pin the blame on the owners (if you're a member)/members (if you're an owner)."
But that's just my opinion, and I don't even know how much power I have. Like it or leave it I guess.
Please don't resent me for making suggestions after suddenly reappearing after a long time off.
And guys, please keep it civilized.

PSSHH you make too much sense -.- XP

Years
Ryan: You're still an owner in my books. Also, I never made any rules at all since coming back. (Don't let Shido Skill Swap you Oblivious! D=) I made a suggestion and asked what the other co-owners thought of it, then Shido and Shinyhunter used EXPLOSION.

I also made the mistake of replying to a really old post.

I have a headache. I'm going to bed, but I still might hunt Chiko/Beldum a little bit. Good night.

Years
well no new shinys but i am going for suicune most of the day and eevee cause i want to restart my lg to sr for shiny bulbasaur and shiny entei
then when i get sucuine i will sr for shiny mewtwo and start over my fire red to sr for shiny squirtle to finish my starter clan and sr for shiny raikou to finish the dog clan and then i dont know what i would do lol but i vision this to be happening after the realease of d/p lol .

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
*sigh* shinyhunter, I REALLY wish I could use your method of soft resetting for the dogs. It certainly seems more manageable and less troublesome beacuse I don't know when I'll actually be able to tell if the legendary dog is shiny. Does anyone know when the orbs will fly around it? When it's in Venus' possession and I encounter it for the first time, or when I purify it, or why I use it in battle myself? -_-

Anyways, SRing for Bulbasaur/Articuno/Latias was pretty fun, so I'll do that again, after I get 170 Pokemon in my Hoenn Dex. I'll try to play XD some, too, as I want to soft reset for Lugia, pretty badly. Hey, MM, do you know if the generation of shinies is any different in XD/Colos?

Edit: Actually, I just remembered that I switched to Zapdos late last night, so it looks like I'll be doing Zapdos/Latias/Bulbasaur.

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
*sigh* shinyhunter, I REALLY wish I could use your method of soft resetting for the dogs. It certainly seems more manageable and less troublesome beacuse I don't know when I'll actually be able to tell if the legendary dog is shiny. Does anyone know when the orbs will fly around it? When it's in Venus' possession and I encounter it for the first time, or when I purify it?, or why I use it in battle myself? -_-

I do believe when you first encounter it will be shiny two orbs will fly then your partner will tell you it's a shadow pokemon . only pokemon that is an exception I think is lugia and Iforget why.

hunting the dogs btw on col is much faster and more reliabe then hunting in lg or fr . in col its a much sshorter sr time and it easier to find them . in lg /fr while you're searching for your dog you may come across a random shiny and while this is great when you do fnialy come across your dog you can't sr now without losing the random shiny thus forcing you to restart the entire game.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I do believe when you first encounter it will be shiny two orbs will fly then your partner will tell you it's a shadow pokemon . only pokemon that is an exception I think is lugia and Iforget why.

hunting the dogs btw on col is much faster and more reliabe then hunting in lg or fr . in col its a much sshorter sr time and it easier to find them . in lg /fr while you're searching for your dog you may come across a random shiny and while this is great when you do fnialy come across your dog you can't sr now without losing the random shiny thus forcing you to restart the entire game.

Ok, are you sure about this? I need someone to actually confirm. It's not that I don't believe you; that's what I truly think, too, it'll be differently colored and orbs will fly around it, THEN my partner will tell me it's a shadow Pokemon. I just need someone who's actually encountered a shiny Pokemon on XD/Colos to confirm this.

KaR's method makes it so that if you already have the dog in your National Dex, you can locate it, get on the same route as it, and use a Repel to force and encounter with it, then just use a Master Ball. It works pretty well to me. The advantage of using Colos is that you can get a legendary dog with GOOD IVs, and according to what you and I think, you can tell if it's shiny faster. Oh, and if you kill the shiny dog (in Colosseum) it'll stay shiny for the rest of the game, which is nice.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
I just want a random shiny right now . My girl friend is getting her first ds (its pink lmao) and pokemon game this friday so i'll prolly end up starting over on what ever version she gets and help her find a shiny (she has a list 49 shiny pokemon strong XD )

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Im still going for my shiny syther but no luck at all. My DS is out of battery so will go around my mums house tomorow to pick it up.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
You could go for kyogre as it makes it rain every time you send it out or maybe castform as it changes shape due to the weather.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Or perhaps a Ludicolo?! That fool goes KURAZEEEE in the rain if he's got the proper abilities!
And what did you mean when you said your gf's got a shiny list of 49? Is that 'mons she wants to get her hands on or ... does she have that many yet you're still trying to help her catch her "a shiny"?

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Or perhaps a Ludicolo?! That fool goes KURAZEEEE in the rain if he's got the proper abilities!
And what did you mean when you said your gf's got a shiny list of 49? Is that 'mons she wants to get her hands on or ... does she have that many yet you're still trying to help her catch her "a shiny"?

she has a list of shiny pokemon she wants to catch , all "cute" of course XD . I cant go after kyorge right now cuz im in the middle of something else on my emmy and havent even got my first badge on sap , already got castform :( and lol im sring for torchic on my sap so I cant even go hunt lotad XP

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Lol not much we can choose from/ and as you already have a shiny mudkip that is out. You could have gone for magikarp but you have that aswell. So not much to chose from really.

Years
ohh go for eevee for vaporean or kingler or shellder or slowpoke or feebas or carvana or even campearl or squirtle or suicune lol and it is raining over in new york so i can go for shiny suicune to suit today lol

well today is the perfect day to go for shiny suicune because it is raining lol so that is who i am going to be hunting so wish me luck yayayayayyayayay

245.gif
245.gif
245.gif
245.gif
245.gif

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
You lot talking about all these shiny hunts is making me wish i had my Ds charger with me. Oh and i am SRing for a shiny torchic on my sapphire aswell.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Shido - come on - if you SR successfully for a Torchic nobody will want to hear the story later. Catching a firestarter on a rainy day? - lame... Unless of course it's ironic and therefore significant?
You want your shiny captures to be stories worth telling. Eg. I caught my shiny Gastly at midnight straight up (which is friggin' great).
So I guess you have to ask yourself, "Do I want to be the guy that talks about capturing a fire 'mon on a rainy day?" I dunno - it's really up in the air depending on how you feel about irony.
Peace out!

Back