• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Orange Generation

Should I release a beta?

• Yes

Votes: 867 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 5.2%

• Total voters

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Looks like an awesome hack. I saw that Navel Island video....I think you ought to change it's name, people might confuse it with Navel Rock, and start complaining about the lack of Ho-oh and Lugia. Incidentally, are you planning to add Lugia to the game?

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Q&A

Will there be 4 new gym leaders?
Or have you found a way to make the pokemon league work with only 4 badges?

there will only e 4 gym leaders in the orange islands... the other 4 (3 if minus koga) will be in the new region... About the pokemon league thingy, i'm not sure myself... lets wait and see.

Hello everybody.

May I suggest NEO TEAM ROCKET as the bad guys for this game? I think it was cool since they just appear in the manga and not in the videogames.

Thanks for listening.

See ya!

Neo team Rocket? I might consider that in for the new region...
PS: Sprite needed if yu guys really want that...

what if you started out with that badge. like you had defeated koga yesterday and had decided to rest up before setting out to explore the orange leugue.

swt... it will be hard.. i'm not good at scriping

Looks like an awesome hack. I saw that Navel Island video....I think you ought to change it's name, people might confuse it with Navel Rock, and start complaining about the lack of Ho-oh and Lugia. Incidentally, are you planning to add Lugia to the game?

lugia will be on Shamouti island with the 3 legendary birds, but that is after you beat drake...

and here is a route if you guys wana know:
valencia --> tangelo --> murcott --> mikan --> mikan cave --> navel --> (a cave, haven think of the name yet) --> pinkan --> trovita --> Trovitopolis --> mandarin south --> moro --> onix cave (not crystal cave) --> kumquat --> (currently unknown) --> pummelo
(route suject to change)

time for the updates...
a glitch:
After the S.S Anne had set sail, you will re-enter Navel Island somewhere in the middle, where the original port in vermillion is.

a some screenie on route 54
pokeorange_47.png

hope that they are not so tough
pokeorange_48.png

walk through the green path
pokeorange_51.png

where does the cave leads to

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
cool updates, wait is there gonna be a crystal onix and the pink ryhorn??? just wondering

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
cool updates, wait is there gonna be a crystal onix and the pink ryhorn??? just wondering

sorry, no... hope you don't mind ya

UPDATE:
I had aready gotten the beta 2 ips file ready... it will contain all the way till navel island and route 54... (PLEASE DO NOT REPORT ABOUT THE SS ANNE GLITCH WHEN YOU PLAY)

BETA RELEASE DATE: Don't tell you :cheeky: so remember to always check out for it!

Last edited:

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
sorry, no... hope you don't mind ya

UPDATE:
I had aready gotten the beta 2 ips file ready... it will contain all the way till navel island and route 54... (PLEASE DO NOT REPORT ABOUT THE SS ANNE GLITCH WHEN YOU PLAY)

BETA RELEASE DATE: Don't tell you :cheeky: so remember to always check out for it!

Since you aren't doing the crystal onyx, you could put an Onyx with better stats than normal and maybe the ability to evolve into steelix without trading.

Symbol

Playing Pokemon White
Years
Can you release beta 2 now? I REALLYYYY WANNA PLAY IT. Sorry for rushing, I am just excited.

Zowayix

hi
Years
Has anyone mentioned this glitch:

Go to pokemart BEFORE getting starter, get ivy's parcel.
Try to exit area, prof. ivy comes, tells u to pick starter.
After she has finished, talk to her again.
She will accept the parcel, gary will walk out of screen, she will give u pokedex
NOw u cant get a starter becuz it will say "that's prof. ivy's last pkmn" every time.

Tip to fix this: Try to prevent access to the mart until you have your starter.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Has anyone mentioned this glitch:

Go to pokemart BEFORE getting starter, get ivy's parcel.
Try to exit area, prof. ivy comes, tells u to pick starter.
After she has finished, talk to her again.
She will accept the parcel, gary will walk out of screen, she will give u pokedex
NOw u cant get a starter becuz it will say "that's prof. ivy's last pkmn" every time.

Tip to fix this: Try to prevent access to the mart until you have your starter.

actually, it is mentioned aready. but thx anyway. Enjoy the beta!!!

Klingon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
This catches my eye; like several hacks here do. I like your screenshots; do you have any new custom tiles in mind to be inserted into your hack?

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
news? not yet. about the new tiles, it will be added, but it is in the new region.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
A girl is blocking your way to your rival house (she was actually lookig at the sign in Pallet Town in FR) as her position can't be moved using AdvanceMap. Can be fixed when player enter a building after looking at the trainer tips in town.
You can fix this by giving the girl a People Number like 72, or something else random, as her People Number. This will stop the original script from working. =)

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
You can fix this by giving the girl a People Number like 72, or something else random, as her People Number. This will stop the original script from working. =)

Yes, it will stop the original script, but when you talk to her, she will not face you.

Years
Yes, it will stop the original script, but when you talk to her, she will not face you.

A girl is blocking your way to your rival house (she was actually lookig at the sign in Pallet Town in FR) as her position can't be moved using AdvanceMap. Can be fixed when player enter a building after looking at the trainer tips in town.

What you could do is, make an earlier script within your house, that will set a flag, and then, add the flag to the girl's people id. That should remove the sprite completely, therefore removing the bug.

Back