The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 588 69.75%
Alright! 131 15.54%
Average 58 6.88%
Awful.. 16 1.90%
Abomination.... 50 5.93%
Voters: 843. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:30 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Bad news: Newgame+ Delayed to 0.75

Good News:

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition 0.74

-DOWNLOAD NOW!
http://dreammodule.com/?spee=download

Release Notes:
Gym5 - Defeat Morty!
Silph Tour - Take a tour through Silph Co.
Pickaxe - Break Rocks
Stat Changing Attacks are now more useful
Academy Challenge - Get a second starter Pokemon
Pokedex - Use to see Pokemon Stats
Shiny Data - Convert your Pokemon into Shiny
Redesigned Hypervisor Domains

Have fun
Old 1 Week Ago, 10:18 AM
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
YAAAY! I had a feeling there was a small delay in the new version.

I got a question about shinies, if you already encountered one before this update, can the scanned data still be applied to a pokemon or not?

Also the download link is broken....
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:25 PM
DonRichardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
-snip-
Will you provide a bugfix summary from this new beta at some point?

Things that i have been finding:

Pokedex no longer has its animation when used

Shinies are appearing constantly, more often than normal pokes, but they dont appear shiny, just make the shiny sound. After further thinking it may be that the "shiny" sound is just a pokedex sound for "new poke found". I tought it was a shiny alert because the first poke i encountered made that sound and actually gave me the "shinifier" item to make your pokemon shiny. Was i just really lucky? The sprite from that poke wasn't shiny. I scanned more pokes that made that sound but never got more than 1 shinifier item.

The corrupted pokemon on the Cave of the Dammed has no battle programmed like the houndoom did, insta victory.

Some wild battles dont have any time to press the confirm button to get a Surprise battle (May be intended)

In the refining system, the flying TM's have psychic as type. (Check attachment one)

In the refining system, in the rock part, to the right side there are Death resistance items, the last one being "Death immunity", does that mean your pokemon wont faint ever? Isnt it overpowered? (Check attachment two)

Berry Master's house is empty.

In Portus city, the two kids at the south of the city, can only walk with their sprite looking sideways (check attachment three)

GameBreaking glitch : In Silph Co. In the Floor 5, if you go understairs by the left side, you'll go to Floor 4, but if you use these stairs again, it will make you go to Floor 3, instead of back to floor 5. The area is closed so you are trapped forever. The stairs are reversed (you go to upstairs but go down one floor) (Check attachment four)

Shiny glitch : I "shinied" my jolteon, but after a few battles, the in-battle sprite came back to its normal state. Even thought in the pokemon menu it still says its shiny. Restarting didn't fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
EeveeGlitch1.png‎   EeveeWut1.png‎   EeveeGlitch2.png‎   EeveeGlitch3.png‎  

Last edited by DonRichardo; 1 Week Ago at 08:05 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:29 PM
noneofyourbus4

i dont know whether it just happens in my game but when i enter the sliph building and go to the 5th floor and go down the stairs when i come back up the area is blocked off and says 3rd floor....so you cant go anywhere
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:32 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Tiny things I've noticed:
In the first dialogue with Crystal, the last box has your picture instead of her's even though she is talking.
When speaking with M, Overhaul is spelt Overhawl.
After battling the Rocket for the Apricot sidequest, you say "4KApricot" I'm not sure if that's intentional or not but just thought I'd bring it up.
YOU RECEIVE NEGATIVE MONEY FROM THE KARATE GUYS IN THE DOJO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRichardo View Post
Shinies are appearing constantly, more often than normal pokes, but they dont appear shiny, just make the shiny sound.
Is it, hmmm, I just thought that happened the first time you saw a new pokemon as the Pokedex registering it.

Quote:
In the refining system, in the rock part, to the right side there are Death resistance items, the last one being "Death immunity", does that mean your pokemon wont faint ever? Isnt it overpowered?
I think that's immunity from the DEATH effect, kinda like OHKO moves.

Last edited by Lockmaster24; 1 Week Ago at 12:18 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:01 PM
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

The download link doesn't work for me, help please! I've been waiting for this so I could make my Feraligatr shiny. I had an idea to make a parody of the sonic characters Espio the chameleon, Charmy bee, and Vector the crocodile with the pokemon in this game but part of the necessary equation is a shiny feraligatr due to the fact it's green.

My only problem beyond that is I doubt at any point a Kecleon will be available for the game to play Espio's part since Kecleon's biggest selling point was it's ability to change type, and that's impossible in 2nd gen mechanics due to the lack of pecial abilities....though a lot of the moves it gets are quite cool, it would be worth considering if it's feasible to have a Kecleon be obtainable somehow if it isn't in this update already. Plus the fact it benefits from a high special defense would make for a cool mixed sweep/support with this in mind.

EDIT: WAIT, scratch the comment about the download link, I just tested it and the link works now. When it was first uploaded it failed constantly and I posted this comment not knowing it was fixed already lol
Old 1 Week Ago, 01:35 AM
DarkDoom3000

Alrighty, you guys have done a good job finding bugs already!
Ive released a minor patch in the form of v0.74.1 which fixes the bugs reported so far, including the silph gamebreaking one.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5m..._Eevee_0.74.1_[Patch].zip

I'll be releasing more patches as more bugs get reported.

----
Quote:
Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
YAAAY! I had a feeling there was a small delay in the new version.

I got a question about shinies, if you already encountered one before this update, can the scanned data still be applied to a pokemon or not?

Also the download link is broken....

--No worries- If you scanned a shiny pokemon previously, it'll get carried over.

Fixed link

Quote:
Will you provide a bugfix summary from this new beta at some point?

Things that i have been finding:

Pokedex no longer has its animation when used
--Oh yeah. forgot about that. I'll probably leave it out for the time being just because I think it wastes time.

Shinies are appearing constantly, more often than normal pokes, but they dont appear shiny, just make the shiny sound. After further thinking it may be that the "shiny" sound is just a pokedex sound for "new poke found". I tought it was a shiny alert because the first poke i encountered made that sound and actually gave me the "shinifier" item to make your pokemon shiny. Was i just really lucky? The sprite from that poke wasn't shiny. I scanned more pokes that made that sound but never got more than 1 shinifier item.

--Yeah, that's the new "Pokedex entry" sound, the pokedex now automatically adds pokemon. I'd say whats more likely is that you had scanned a shiny in the previous version which is why you got a shiny data item.

The corrupted pokemon on the Cave of the Dammed has no battle programmed like the houndoom did, insta victory.
--Ah! will fix.

Some wild battles dont have any time to press the confirm button to get a Surprise battle (May be intended)
--Ah, yep. It's a problem with the cave of the dammed it seems.

In the refining system, the flying TM's have psychic as type. (Check attachment one)
--Cool, fixeed

In the refining system, in the rock part, to the right side there are Death resistance items, the last one being "Death immunity", does that mean your pokemon wont faint ever? Isnt it overpowered? (Check attachment two)
--Resistance to Instant Death attacks. I've relabeled it so it's not as ambigious.

Berry Master's house is empty.
--She's only in her house once you talk to Jasmine. Will fix this.

In Portus city, the two kids at the south of the city, can only walk with their sprite looking sideways (check attachment three)
--Fixed

GameBreaking glitch : In Silph Co. In the Floor 5, if you go understairs by the left side, you'll go to Floor 4, but if you use these stairs again, it will make you go to Floor 3, instead of back to floor 5. The area is closed so you are trapped forever. The stairs are reversed (you go to upstairs but go down one floor) (Check attachment four)
--GGGGGAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Had a feeling a gamebreaker would appear sooner or later.

Shiny glitch : I "shinied" my jolteon, but after a few battles, the in-battle sprite came back to its normal state. Even thought in the pokemon menu it still says its shiny. Restarting didn't fix it.
--Fixed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noneofyourbus4 View Post
i dont know whether it just happens in my game but when i enter the sliph building and go to the 5th floor and go down the stairs when i come back up the area is blocked off and says 3rd floor....so you cant go anywhere
Fixed :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
Tiny things I've noticed:
In the first dialogue with Crystal, the last box has your picture instead of her's even though she is talking.
When speaking with M, Overhaul is spelt Overhawl.
Cool, fixed!
Quote:
The download link doesn't work for me, help please! I've been waiting for this so I could make my Feraligatr shiny. I had an idea to make a parody of the sonic characters Espio the chameleon, Charmy bee, and Vector the crocodile with the pokemon in this game but part of the necessary equation is a shiny feraligatr due to the fact it's green.

My only problem beyond that is I doubt at any point a Kecleon will be available for the game to play Espio's part since Kecleon's biggest selling point was it's ability to change type, and that's impossible in 2nd gen mechanics due to the lack of pecial abilities....though a lot of the moves it gets are quite cool, it would be worth considering if it's feasible to have a Kecleon be obtainable somehow if it isn't in this update already. Plus the fact it benefits from a high special defense would make for a cool mixed sweep/support with this in mind.

EDIT: WAIT, scratch the comment about the download link, I just tested it and the link works now. When it was first uploaded it failed constantly and I posted this comment not knowing it was fixed already lol
I can't really implement keckleon due to it being far too complex to implement

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; 1 Week Ago at 02:59 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago, 12:42 PM
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

Yeah I knew that would be the case about Kecleon. Though having it learn Conversion would be a handy way to fix it's issue of no Color Change/Protean.
Old 1 Week Ago, 01:54 PM
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

Um. I hte to be the bearer of bad news but your patch didn't fix the bug in shinies. The shiny pokemon still don't show their shiny image when encountered. I still hear the "BLING" when the shiny in question appears but there's still no ring of stars and cool coloration. I just ran into a level 24 poocheyna that had the shiny sound effect in Mine Valley and it still looks like a normal Poochyena.

And yes I did patch the .74 game with the stuff you told us to apply from the .741 file you linked. The strange thing was is that when I copied it over I saw no prompts for overwriting the previous files with the ones containing the bug fixes, so I don't think the thing was saved proper at all. I got the updated maps yes, but nothing else appears to have been fixed.
Old 1 Week Ago, 03:35 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Um. I hte to be the bearer of bad news but your patch didn't fix the bug in shinies. The shiny pokemon still don't show their shiny image when encountered. I still hear the "BLING" when the shiny in question appears but there's still no ring of stars and cool coloration. I just ran into a level 24 poocheyna that had the shiny sound effect in Mine Valley and it still looks like a normal Poochyena.

And yes I did patch the .74 game with the stuff you told us to apply from the .741 file you linked. The strange thing was is that when I copied it over I saw no prompts for overwriting the previous files with the ones containing the bug fixes, so I don't think the thing was saved proper at all. I got the updated maps yes, but nothing else appears to have been fixed.
The sound effect you're hearing is the "new pokedex entry" sound. It happens each time you encounter a new pokemon.

The patch fixes these stuff: Fixes:
-Fixed Silph Co. glitched stairs
-Fixes corrupted gengar
-Fixed Refine -flying TM labels
-Fixed Aron Obtaining
-Fixed Berry Master's berry options
-Fixed Shiny eevee glitch

Best way to check if it patched correctly is to go to the refining screen and look at the flying TMs, and whether their labels are right. The title screen's version number should have a .1 at the end too.
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:07 PM
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

well, alright then I'll check
Old 1 Week Ago, 01:10 AM
Feroniamon
Harmony of Storms

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000
Bad news: Newgame+ Delayed to 0.75
And no Eeveeon yet. I was anticipated for the fight against Zero, which was one of my favorite scenes. But the Team Rocket takeover in Silph Co. is better than before.

I started a new game in .74 and noticed some maps have changed, which gives a fresh feeling. And again I stumbled over some bugs:

1. Spelling error: In the feature chamber, in battle Corpish was misspelled "Cropish". And Defence Curl was misspelled "Decence Curl" or something.

2. After training and obtaining Tyrogue in the Magnus Dojo (and beating Whitney), I noticed my money has become negative and I couldn't buy. Thankfully I made a save backup and avoided the dojo. After beating Whitney and giving some Rare Candies (for test) my money haven't got negative. Maybe a new bug in the dojo which makes money negative?

3. The berry trees in the Berry Patch doesn't give the "Item Obtained" jingle when I got to collect Special Berries.

4. Before I was going to Lionhearts domain, I spoke to M again. She still said XDR is the leader of the hypervisors. I'm sure it's Zero now. (maybe old text?)

5. After finishing the sawdust side quest, the achievement still says 99 sawdusts despite I gave 30 sawdusts. And some corrupted Pokémon doesn't have a achievement yet like Snubbull and Sandshrew (I have challenged more corrupted Pokémon than before and noticed this).

6. The Sale House on Portus City costs 9250, maybe from the version 0.6? The last Sale House I bought was in Mors Village which costs almost 2000.

I like the idea with the hypervisor virus on Eevee, which is more practical than item viruses. The new domains are also nice, reflecting the coming of the third generation. I almost got lost on Lionhearts domain until I caught track. And yeah for the status attack boosts, Helping Hand is more useful than before.

I am curious what's in the north of Portus City.
Old 1 Week Ago, 01:20 AM
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

On the issue of the corrupted pokemon lacking an acheivement, the same is said about the Mankey one find outside Magnus City. There's no acheivement for Mankey even though it now has a proper corrupted pokemon sprite. And for those who updated from the previous version, a lot of us are likely to already have a Snubble from the quest with the house that needed three keys to enter. Is there something else available from him now since snubble is a corrupted pokemon? Because if thats so that really sucks for me because I had been working my tail off to get my pokemon leveled up as of late, and as such I may have to reset my game, AGAIN.
Old 1 Week Ago, 11:30 AM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feroniamon View Post
And no Eeveeon yet. I was anticipated for the fight against Zero, which was one of my favorite scenes. But the Team Rocket takeover in Silph Co. is better than before.

I started a new game in .74 and noticed some maps have changed, which gives a fresh feeling. And again I stumbled over some bugs:

1. Spelling error: In the feature chamber, in battle Corpish was misspelled "Cropish". And Defence Curl was misspelled "Decence Curl" or something.

2. After training and obtaining Tyrogue in the Magnus Dojo (and beating Whitney), I noticed my money has become negative and I couldn't buy. Thankfully I made a save backup and avoided the dojo. After beating Whitney and giving some Rare Candies (for test) my money haven't got negative. Maybe a new bug in the dojo which makes money negative?

3. The berry trees in the Berry Patch doesn't give the "Item Obtained" jingle when I got to collect Special Berries.

4. Before I was going to Lionhearts domain, I spoke to M again. She still said XDR is the leader of the hypervisors. I'm sure it's Zero now. (maybe old text?)

5. After finishing the sawdust side quest, the achievement still says 99 sawdusts despite I gave 30 sawdusts. And some corrupted Pokémon doesn't have a achievement yet like Snubbull and Sandshrew (I have challenged more corrupted Pokémon than before and noticed this).

6. The Sale House on Portus City costs 9250, maybe from the version 0.6? The last Sale House I bought was in Mors Village which costs almost 2000.

I like the idea with the hypervisor virus on Eevee, which is more practical than item viruses. The new domains are also nice, reflecting the coming of the third generation. I almost got lost on Lionhearts domain until I caught track. And yeah for the status attack boosts, Helping Hand is more useful than before.

I am curious what's in the north of Portus City.
Good work with those bugs, i'll probably have a 0.74.2 patch out in the weekend to fix this and any other issues that pop up.

That tyrouge issue is an annoying one, it's due to an error in the way bonus trainer XP/$$ is calculated. it's fixed in the 0.74.1 update.

I like the eevee virus too, I had did some changes in the overall SPEE story that I had in my head, which required that change. I quite like it, and the virus effect reuses the limitbreak animation i had previously. Which is a throwback to FF8.
I've had about 11 iterations of the story i've gone through now, including the origins of the hypervisors and what would happen in the final chapter.
I think I've finally nailed down a pretty awesome story.

The ferry, zero and eeveeon will be avaliable in 0.75, in addition to *fingers crossed* newgame+. I figure december is gonna be busy for probably won't get anything out then. So, I've got a target date of early 2015.

Quote:
On the issue of the corrupted pokemon lacking an acheivement, the same is said about the Mankey one find outside Magnus City. There's no acheivement for Mankey even though it now has a proper corrupted pokemon sprite. And for those who updated from the previous version, a lot of us are likely to already have a Snubble from the quest with the house that needed three keys to enter. Is there something else available from him now since snubble is a corrupted pokemon? Because if thats so that really sucks for me because I had been working my tail off to get my pokemon leveled up as of late, and as such I may have to reset my game, AGAIN.
Yeah, I forgot to create a lot of the new corrupted achievements. Luckily due to the way they're coded into the game, once they get implemented (for 0.74.2?) then when you load up your game, you'll automatically obtain any missing trophies. kinda amusing seein trophies pop up one after another.

Good point about the snubbull, that sidequest now gives you an evolution stone of your choosing, I'll add to the update a change so that anyone who did the sidequest previously will get the updated reward.

Old 1 Week Ago, 12:17 PM
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

THAT is definately good news. Because considering a few of the bugs mentioned in events prior to the 4th gym I don't feel like restarting until the next set of bug fixes should I decide to do a new game regardless, that answers my concerns. I'll go ahead and whack and collect some new pokemon then. Thanks again!
Old 6 Days Ago, 06:22 PM
looneyman1
The Psycho Pokemon

Ok a slight problem with the hatchet, when I hit the enter key in the green area to do a one-shot kill to a small tree, it gives me only one thing of sawdust rather than three. I wager the pickaxe is similarly bugged. At least I have enough sawdust for the sawdust quest but still this is a slight problem.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links