• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Asphar Version

Of which feature would you like to see a short video?

• A Storyline Event

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • The Revamped Intro

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • The Battle System

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Training

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • The Laptop

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • The Menu

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Pokemon World

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Move Selection

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Something Else (please state)

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Years
For boy names, I like James, Alex and Jack.
James & Alex then. :)

I just noticed that the name Alex is already taken up by the Player's father. :P
Oh well. I'll decide on rival names when I get to them in the story.

Hoping to have a gameplay video uploaded within next 2 days.

Forget this. I'm not going to upload a video for now. Maybe after the beta.

What do you think fo the Final Fantasy VIII Level system btw , I know you don't have any level implemented but these are after all different to ordinary levels and similar to you evolution timing not always helpful being that high at that time . your features are both very innovative and handy and look good at the same time too.

I've never played FFVIII to be honest. But I just did a bit of quick reading and I see the similarity. Comparison to a Final Fantasy game is always a plus. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
That opening was so epic dude.
It was like perfect! Awesome work!
Where is the music from?
Will Oak stay as the professor?

Years
There's still some things that need changing. Like better Newsreader graphics and a Lab background for when Acorn starts his opening speech. Plus I don't really like how it goes straight from sad music and story into the grass bit with 'duh duh duh, duh duh duh...'
Might change that.

That opening was so epic dude.
It was like perfect! Awesome work!
Where is the music from?
Will Oak stay as the professor?

Thanks. :)
I found the music on youtube. It's called 'Sorrow' from Xenosaga (whatever that is).
Oak does make an appearance, but he's not the resident Professor in this region. That title falls to Professor Acorn.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
this new battle system is awesome. the fact that there are 10 gyms and any 8 to choose. cool. no levels! awesome!
the video,........... so emotional! please continue working. i want to see this game come up. it will be great, no an epic! yes!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 9, 2010
I love the video, so emotional indeed...

Ow, I still have a question: how can you "force" a Pokémon to evolve?

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
Can't view the video at work, but I'm looking forward to checking it out as soon as I get home. Xenosaga had a great soundtrack.

Diggin' the project. The funky battle system quirks seem to be something akin to Final Fantasy II, which scores Asphar brownie points in my book.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Years
this new battle system is awesome. the fact that there are 10 gyms and any 8 to choose. cool. no levels! awesome!
the video,........... so emotional! please continue working. i want to see this game come up. it will be great, no an epic! yes!

Thank you. (Beating all 10 gyms gains you an unlockable too, so you don't just have to pick 8 :))

I love the video, so emotional indeed...

Ow, I still have a question: how can you "force" a Pokémon to evolve?

A few different ways, such as:
  • Pushing it beyond it's limits (like training until it completely passes out from exhaustion)
  • Consequences (like if it doesn't evolve, starve it - eventually it might evolve from need)
  • Etc.

Can't view the video at work, but I'm looking forward to checking it out as soon as I get home. Xenosaga had a great soundtrack.

Diggin' the project. The funky battle system quirks seem to be something akin to Final Fantasy II, which scores Asphar brownie points in my book.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks. :)

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
Wow. Finally got to watching the intro, and I must say that I am impressed. Very different, very well done. So atypical of your standard Pokemon intro.

The only thing I might suggest changing is the blunt use of the words "dead" and "died". Sure, it's no good to shy away from such words, but here I think they might have looked a little out of place. It just strikes me as being a bit more tasteful to use them sparingly; throw around the words too much and they get overused and lose their meaning.

But really, that's just me nitpicking. The whole thing was great. "Sorrow" fit perfectly!

Years
Wow. Finally got to watching the intro, and I must say that I am impressed. Very different, very well done. So atypical of your standard Pokemon intro.

The only thing I might suggest changing is the blunt use of the words "dead" and "died". Sure, it's no good to shy away from such words, but here I think they might have looked a little out of place. It just strikes me as being a bit more tasteful to use them sparingly; throw around the words too much and they get overused and lose their meaning.

But really, that's just me nitpicking. The whole thing was great. "Sorrow" fit perfectly!

Thanks. And you're right. Sparingly is good :) I'll change the wording slightly.

Does anybody have any theories as to what happened to these people, or how Alex seemed to know something was going to happen? :P

killer-g

S to the o
Years
to be honest, this is the most realistic pokemon game i have seen thus far, it is seriously just like the anime , i like it very much good luck with the game I hope you'll progrees quickly
killer-g

Years
Thanks killer.

I found a document earlier, which I had written before I begun this project. It's a list of objectives I wanted to complete with this game. I thought I'd share what they are, and how I think I'm doing with them so far...

• Write a complex and original storyline - I think this is a CHECK
  • Make the game more Anime-esque - CHECK
  • Create a sense of freedom for the Player - Well considering you can go anywhere and do anything in any order... CHECK
  • Create a Pokemon World - *See below
  • Have fun - CHECK
  • Earn lots of money - Well I guess we can't all get what we want :P

* This relates to a brand new feature which I will be revealing sometime next week. :)

Been a while without new screenshots, so I'll probably upload some later... But should they be screenshots of the Battle System... the Laptop... Maps... Storyline... Or something else??

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
That all sounds good, everything I wanna see at least.
I'm excited to here about this, Pokemon World.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
Dear sir, you've just blown my mind.

Blown my mind.

Very, very interesting and I'm very interested in hearing an explanation!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Wow holy sh$%.
Your ideas are so good. You have an excellent imagination.
Most realistic game i've seen.
Great work!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 9, 2010
Again, very nice! I'm curious about the Pokémon world too. Keep it up ^^

Years
Bad news I'm afraid. :(

I've come to the decision that I won't be talking about the Pokemon World feature just yet, as I'm now going to wait until the feature is completely finished.
I'll also take down the recent video, as even ten minutes after upload, it became severely out-dated.

Sorry about that. But at least when you do hear more about it, you'll know that the feature is complete. :)

Back