• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☼ The Fortress of Flames ☼ (Fire type fanclub)

If Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?

• Ho-oh.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Reshiram.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It could be either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Halcyon- I think it's safe to assume that Emboar lovers are few and far between. It's nice to have one of them in the club.

Haha, thanks! Emboar is really awesome. I love pigs, they're adorable. :D

I shall answer some of the topics. :)

Which is better, Heatran or Volcarona?
Volcarona. It's a freaking Bug/Fire-type, hello? I can't wrap my brain around this concept, which is what makes it amazing and special. :D

Do you agree that Fire starters are the best?
Yes, I do. Although they could be hard to use at first (because of the gyms usually being disadvantageous to Fire-types at the start), I feel that they're definitely the best in the long run. Fire-type starters usually have another type to accompany with, making them able to wipe out a large range of types.

How would you use your Fire Pokémon to pull a prank on someone?
If I want to play a prank on someone, honestly I wouldn't use a Fire Pokémon lol. The prank which was meant to be harmless, could turn out pretty dangerous, in my opinion. Someone could get burned in all of this! :/

If one of Fire's 3 weaknesses were to be eliminated, which one should it be- Water, Ground or Rock?
Ground. Ground has too many types to play around with. D:

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years

But fire and pigs don't mix! Technicaly, they add up to bacon. They shoulda made a water or grass piggie instead.

Bacon tastes really good though. X) However I don't think a grass- or a water-based pig would hold as much impact as a flaming boar, you know. :D

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years

☼ *If one of Fire's 3 weaknesses were to be eliminated, which one should it be- Water, Ground or Rock?

Most people would say Water, but I'd say Rock. Water attacks are mostly used only by Water Pokemon, but Rock and Ground attacks are used by a variety of types. Ground can be eliminated with Flying or Levitate, so eliminating Rock weakness would be nice. Plus, no more 25% health reduction from Stealth Rocks!
Just saw these at the same time
Spoiler:

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years

Just saw these at the same time
Spoiler:
So sad and true :'(
I always loved charizard, but when stealth rock appeared... it was his end ._.

Sadly, I don't believe the rock weakness will be ever removed. Rock beating fire is, well.. obvious and basic @.@

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Sorry for the late reply, guys! My Sunday studies are really taking over my life. Updating the OP now.

@Cosmotone- That pic is hilarious! Speaking of 4x weaknesses, guess why Heatran "wuvz" balloons!

Spoiler:

BTW if we can "digest" the fiery hot "chicken starter", why should the bacon face rejection? (Excuse the food puns, I'm having lunch.)

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
^Lols That's why the Air Balloon should be the Jetpack or something.

My answer to the quiz:
Spoiler:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Right answer again, D4rk! Very few people know that Charizard used to have an Ice weakness in RBY that magically disappeared in GSC.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
My answer to this quiz:
Spoiler:

Which Fire type Pokemon has the best design?

In my opinion, Ninetales has the best design. It's a Kyuubi! That just wins it over for me. But I also like Chandelure's design, especially since it's got purple fire.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
@d4rk- Your answer is incorrect. Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I want only the types that can never be obtained with the perfect speed IVs. HP ice, for example, can be obtained with 31 speed IVs.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Since activity isn't going as well right now, I'd like to start a new topic, if that's alright?

Which Fighting/Fire combination types of final starter Pokemon do you prefer and think is the best?
257.gif
392.gif
500.gif

Well to be quite honest. Emboar is the weakness and the worst one of the trio. Plus I hate its design with a passion. He's unique indeed, but he's at the very bottom of my list. His speed is very, very slow, and when come second, the attack that of being Super Effective could easily knock out Emboar with no problem. Attack is great, but lacks everything else.

Infernape would be in the middle. Hiss Speed and Attack force can be devastating when used correctly. I see Infernape as a warrior, one who can fight its own battle and stand on his own! Have no fear! But then the same can be said for Blaziken

Blaziken wins my vote hands down. Yes, he is in the Uber tier status, thanks to his Speed Boost/Protect abuse. But this isn't why. He's got a very high Attack stats, and with an average Speed stats, Speed Boost gives Blaziken the boost he needs to become a major and yet, ultimate threat to any one Pokemon. Plus, he's got the best design of the trio!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ninetales for the foxy and superior design. It's so elegant, and the color fits perfectly and it's one of the best designed pokemon so far.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
A warm welcome to all 3 new members. You guys have chosen some interesting and rarely picked starters.

@YungKnowledge- Very few people here choose NFE (not fully evolved) starters and you're one of them. Cyndaquil was my starter in my 1st Crystal playthrough (which was also the 1st Pokemon game I played till the end), so it's pretty close to my heart. I think the Cyndaquil line is overall the best looking starter family.

@sayna thanks for the welcome. I loved cyndaquil since I picked up gold the very 1st. I'm even thinking about get cyndaquil and mew tattooed on me.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Hey guys, I'm back! Sorry I couldn't update this Sunday, life was pretty hard. Ah well, better late than never...

Which Fighting/Fire combination types of final starter Pokemon do you prefer and think is the best?
257.gif
392.gif
500.gif

Well to be quite honest. Emboar is the weakness and the worst one of the trio. Plus I hate its design with a passion. He's unique indeed, but he's at the very bottom of my list. His speed is very, very slow, and when come second, the attack that of being Super Effective could easily knock out Emboar with no problem. Attack is great, but lacks everything else.

Infernape would be in the middle. Hiss Speed and Attack force can be devastating when used correctly. I see Infernape as a warrior, one who can fight its own battle and stand on his own! Have no fear! But then the same can be said for Blaziken

Blaziken wins my vote hands down. Yes, he is in the Uber tier status, thanks to his Speed Boost/Protect abuse. But this isn't why. He's got a very high Attack stats, and with an average Speed stats, Speed Boost gives Blaziken the boost he needs to become a major and yet, ultimate threat to any one Pokemon. Plus, he's got the best design of the trio!

I completely agree with you, Blaziken definitely has the best design. And it's also the best out of the three in terms of competitive skills. But ironically, it's currently the least viable me the three due to the tier system. Infernape with its versatility, wide movepool and great offensive stats is viable in OU. Emboar is very useful in NU, Scarfboar is one of the most used Pokemon there. But Blaziken is way too frail to be used in Ubers, and fails to deal much damage there with its mediocre (by uber standards) offensive stats.

Ninetales for the foxy and superior design. It's so elegant, and the color fits perfectly and it's one of the best designed pokemon so far.

I really like Ninetales's design, but my favorite is Arcanine. Rapidash also looks great.

@sayna thanks for the welcome. I loved cyndaquil since I picked up gold the very 1st. I'm even thinking about get cyndaquil and mew tattooed on me.

Whoa, you're one dedicated Pokefan! Cyndaquil is nice and all, but do think twice before you get tattooed :D.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
☼ Which is the strongest Fire type Pokemon?
☼ Which Fire type starter is the best?
☼ Which Fire type legendary is the best?
☼ Which is your favourite Fire type move?
☼ Who's the best Fire type Gym Leader?
☼ Which Fire type has the best shiny sprite?
☼ Do you think Fire types can successfully be used defensively?
☼ Which Fire Pokemon are overrated or underrated?
☼ If the Fire types Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?
☼ Which Fire Pokemon would make the best real-world pet?
☼ Is Rotom-Heat better as Electric/Fire or was it better as Electric/Ghost?
☼ Dragon are often associated with Fire, but there's only 1 Fire/Dragon Pokemon. Should there be more?
☼ *Which is better, Heatran or Volcarona?
☼ *Do you agree that Fire starters are the best?
☼ *How would you use your Fire Pokemon to pull a prank on someone?
☼ *If one of Fire's 3 weaknesses were to be eliminated, which one should it be- Water, Ground or Rock?
☼ *Water starts boiling in much, much less heat than Steel, Steel doesn't even melt if the temperature isn't really high. Then why is Fire super effective against Steel, but not very effective against Water?
☼ *Which Fire type has the best design?
☼ *Which is the best Fire/Fighting starter- Blaziken, Infernape or Emboar?
1. I'd prefer Darmanitan, because of its high attack.
2. Torchic. I find it cuter than Tepig.
3. Heatran.
4. Fire Blast.
5. Chili, I'm not a fan of most Kanto Pokemon.
6. Charizard.
7. Yeah, Flame Body.
8. Lampent...Volcarona...
9. Reshiram
10. Growlithe, obviously.
11. Heat Forme.
12. Yes
13. Volcarona, my favorite Pokemon!
14. Almost...
15. Lampent.
16. Ground.
17. I don't know...
18. Lampent, I like purple.
19. Emboar, I trained it to Lv. 100.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
What is the worst fire type move ever?
Uhh I would really be confused if those who answer this isn't Ember because...well it's about as bad as Tackle and every other Fire type moves practically make Ember a joke and replaceable.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
I think I'd like to join the thread :3

Name- voltianqueen .. or just plain old Volt
Starter- Rizzo the Charizard
Reason for joining- Well....I love Fire-types :P It's been my favorite type since the beginning, with Arcanine and Charizard.

To answer some of the questions...

☼ *Do you agree that Fire starters are the best?
Well, they're the best to me and my favorite to use, but all the starters have their good points, I think.

☼ *How would you use your Fire Pokemon to pull a prank on someone?
I wouldn't! :P I'd mess up and catch the house on fire or something.

Probably Rock. I mean...Rock? I guess... Ground makes a bit more sense to me, but I'm not sure about Rock being there.

☼ *Water starts boiling in much, much less heat than Steel, Steel doesn't even melt if the temperature isn't really high. Then why is Fire super effective against Steel, but not very effective against Water?
I don't know, but it probably has something to do with water being able to put out fire.

☼ *Which Fire type has the best design?
I'd probably go for Arcanine or Blaziken. Arcanine is cool and simple. Blaziken...is Blaziken. I just love his design :P

☼ *Which is the best Fire/Fighting starter- Blaziken, Infernape or Emboar?
I'm going to have to go with Blaziken... I loved the thing as soon as I saw it. Infernape and Emboar both took time for me to warm up to them (HAHA), especially Emboar... Blaziken for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back