• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Zapdos, Moltres or Articuno

Your favorite

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Zapdos is my favorite in terms of battling. It has decent Special Attack stat, which allows it to hit many Pokémon with a respectable damage. If used correctly, this Pokémon can help you to eliminate nearly half of your opponent's Pokémon team. It also has an amazing Special Defense stat, so it can definitely take a few hits from the other two birds. In terms of design, Articuno is my favorite. Its tail looks like a beautiful ribbon, and its fur color is very unique. How could you not like this Pokémon? xD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Artunico can learn Mind Reader and Sheer Cold; broken. The other two have mediocre designs and aren't really that powerful.

Years
Articuno is beautiful and the was hardest for me to catch. Ice is also one of the favorite types and blue is my favorite color. It seemed natural for me to like it more than the others.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though I never used Zapdos much in FR/LG, I still like it over the other birds because of the type advantage it has over both.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I'm sorry, but articuno is one of the most beautiful pokemon designs out there. I adore articuno.

Articuno.full.468665.jpg

Really simple, really to the point, and yet still absolutely beautiful. I kinda wish I had one for myself. He's definitely one of my top 5 favourite Pokemon, ever.

I used to not like Zapdos at all but I've changed a lot, I actually quite like Zapdos now and find him really cool. Still meh on Moltres though.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Articuno is my favorite Pokémon in Gen 1. There aren't many great ice types, and only 1 in Gen 1, so I chose Articuno. Articuno was mysterious and awesome to me as a child, it kinda got to me that it was in a cave. It's just the coolest one (pun intended ;3) and the most useful. That is why I chose Articuno.

Last edited:
Years
Articuno is my favourite. Aside from an amazing design, its Sheer Cold-Mind Reader combo destroyed the Elite 4.

I'm not much of a competitive battler, so I don't really care about the Stealth Rock weakness. Besides, it didn't even exist in this generation, so Articuno can switch into most attacks.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
By battle stats I like Zapdos, but if we're talking about aesthetics, it's none other than Articuno.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Articuno has been my favorite for the longest time now. I like the other two, but aesthetically I've always loved it's design. The long flowing tail, the wings, and the fact that it had always seemed to be shimmering. While it might not be better than Zapdos competitively that has never stopped me from liking my favorites and it never will.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
I can't really decide between the three, because they are each amazing in their own way. I caught all three so I could complete the pokedex on both FireRed and LeafGreen. The ones on FireRed went to my Pearl version so I could complete the pokedex there. Moltres and Zapdos went into the PC on LeafGreen and I only used Articuno because I needed an ice type to defeat Lance. I named her Kouri (I call my Articuno 'her' because 'Kouri' sounds feminine) because it means ice in Japanese. (technically the romaji would be 'koori' but I thought it looked funny, so I changed the second 'o' to a 'u'. She's still on my team to this day at level 70 something.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
With looks, and the fact that I love fire types, I really like Moltres. However, based on power, Arcticuno is really the best because he really helps with the Elite Four. Great Ice type Pokemon really come in handy. Also, Moltres doesn't have a very good move pool and I always choose Charmander, so it's not like I need him.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Zapdos was the first legendary i ever caught when i played Leafgreen,and it has stuck to me as a favorite since. I liked the spiky design of this pokemon!

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Articuno has the greatest design in this trio.
It's more beautiful than Moltres and Zapdos.
It was a good member of my team in Fire Red too.

PhoenixSoul

I gain strength from my ashes
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I'm definitely going with Moltres because it is very similar to a phoenix, my favorite mythological creature. Plus I enjoyed it's artwork int he movies, it made it seem very majestic and powerful at the same time.

Years
I think Articuno slightly edges out Zapdos here, even though Zapdos is my favorite type, Electric. I think Arty is the best designed of the three, and it was my favorite first generation Ice type. Zapdos would be a close second, then Moltres a distant third. It kind of sucks being a legendary bird of fire, only to be completely outclassed by another one. :/ Oh well.

Years
Articuno is my favourite for it's design and Sp.Def :D Tho' always caught Moltres first because it was on flames 'n stuff :D But Articuno is the coolest of them and it's typing is Ice/Flying so it's awesome to have for that too xD

Years
Articuno has always been my favorite bird legendary out of the others. The first time I had feast my eyes on it, it was in Pokemon Yellow. And since then, I've always loved it and preferred it over the rest.

Last edited:
Back