• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Or, to put it shorter... ASM.

It seems ASM is the solution to a lot of thing,are there any guides?

EDIT: I fuond yours,ill look into it.

EDIT2:another question,is there a script to check happiness?

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Sorry but... no. Just set the Movement to 11.
Acctually, it worked either way. But now, the script stops after the battle. He doesn't say, "Damn it...\lSo the rumors were true.\pWe'll soon battle again.\lBe ready!"

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
It seems ASM is the solution to a lot of thing,are there any guides?

EDIT: I fuond yours,ill look into it.

EDIT2:another question,is there a script to check happiness?

Oh, well... that's because you can do basically anything with ASM. There's a special to check happiness in the game already.

Acctually, it worked either way. But now, the script stops after the battle. He doesn't say, "Damn it...\lSo the rumors were true.\pWe'll soon battle again.\lBe ready!"

Using "No movement" is not a good solution anyway. Try converting your script to XSE (see the tuts) and then compile it again using XSE instead. PokéScript is outdated so you can't expect much from it except bugs.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Oh, well... that's because you can do basically anything with ASM. There's a special to check happiness in the game already.

Using "No movement" is not a good solution anyway. Try converting your script to XSE (see the tuts) and then compile it again using XSE instead. PokéScript is outdated so you can't expect much from it except bugs.

Do you know that special?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Here is a biggie for the ASM people out there.

Any way to change a pokemon's species without corrupting the pokemon to bad egg?
(Like, changing the checksum...)

Sure thing. I even gave you an example with the only difference the exp points were changed rather than species. Basically you read the Pokémon species, you decrypt it, change it and encrypt again. Then you need to updated the checksum accordingly.

Do you know that special?

It's 0xE6. Decompile the Daisy's script at 0x168E46, FR US v1.0, for a working example.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Sure thing. I even gave you an example with the only difference the exp points were changed rather than species. Basically you read the Pokémon species, you decrypt it, change it and encrypt again. Then you need to updated the checksum accordingly.

It's 0xE6. Decompile the Daisy's script at 0x168E46, FR US v1.0, for a working example.

Okay,thank you very much.

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Well.... I couldn't find any tutorials on it but is this right?
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
^One immediate thing I see is that you need waitmovement 0x0 after the applymovements.

EDIT: And it's 0x37. Also, there should be the type of msgbox command after the msgbox (try putting 0x6)

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
^One immediate thing I see is that you need waitmovement 0x0 after the applymovements.

EDIT: And it's 0x37. Also, there should be the type of msgbox command after the msgbox (try putting 0x6)

Apparently, my XSE has down syndrome. When I add in the waitmovement 0x0, this is what happens:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Khan6195

Michael Jackson Died. Parté!
Years
I have read the guide, and F1 doesn't work for me... But anyways, I figured it out... I even hit F1 in the Help menu. Did absolutely nothing for me.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Well.... I couldn't find any tutorials on it but is this right?
Spoiler:

I wonder how would you compile that... boxset doesn't exist anu more. Which means you're using an outdated XSE. Check my thread for the newest one. BTW... the whole approach thingy is not needed as you can just set the Trainer/View Radius option accordingly. Read the XSE guide for further details. After adjusting the settings you might want to try this script:

Spoiler:

Apparently, my XSE has down syndrome. When I add in the waitmovement 0x0, this is what happens: [...]

You should understand that you can't simply add commands and then recompile the decompiled script. You need to make it dynamic.

I have read the guide, and F1 doesn't work for me... But anyways, I figured it out... I even hit F1 in the Help menu. Did absolutely nothing for me.

F1 should bring the Command Help window. Make sure to have the newest XSE anyway.

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
You should understand that you can't simply add commands and then recompile the decompiled script. You need to make it dynamic.
I'm just going to put the script at a different offset because it's just not working for me. It keeps going back to the way it was.

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
How do I turn this script for fire red into a script which the person walks away and disappears after you beat them? #dynamic 0x800000

Spoiler:

Thanks

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
a want them to walk into a building behind him so they take one step back and i want it to happen after the battle

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Try this Toon Link

Spoiler:

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
It says it's an unknown keword (movement) at line 12
Spoiler:

Status