• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

SoulfulLex

Empiricist-at-Large
Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
I have a few more bugs to report:

1. In a trainer battle, if the opponent's Pokemon has "Mirror Move" in its moveset, it does not attack AT ALL.
2. The Squirtbottle and Sprayduck do not work when prompted to water Berries. The Wailmer Pail works just fine, however.
3. Using Headbutt from the Pokemon menu causes the game to crash. It works when the player interacts with the Headbutt tree, however.
4. Ether, Leppa Berry, and Max Ether do not work properly in battle; They do not prompt the player to select which move they want to restore PP to. In fact, they don't restore PP at all when used in battle (Leppa Berry still works if held). They work properly outside of battle, however.
5. This was mentioned before, but the Bug-Catching Contest does not allow Pokemon to be caught. It does, however, deduct the amount of Balls the player has left.

All of these were observed in Vanilla Essentials and can be replicated in-game.

Years
When going to Test a Single Trainer battle in Debug Mode (while having no Trainers defined) the Trainer selection window sticks even after you close the debug menu (it stays until you open another menu or until you start walking)

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I got this error when I tried to use my Safari Zone. It worked before I upgraded to V13, now I get this error when I find a wild Pokemon.

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `isMega?' for #<PokeBattle_FakeBattler:0xb18e968>

PokeBattle_ActualScene:748:in `refresh'

PokeBattle_ActualScene:651:in `initialize'

PokeBattle_ActualScene:1886:in `new'

PokeBattle_ActualScene:1886:in `pbStartBattle'

PokeBattle_SafariZone:101:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonSafari:114:in `pbSafariBattle'

PokemonSafari:113:in `pbSceneStandby'

PokemonSafari:115:in `pbSafariBattle'

PokemonSafari:112:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonSafari:112:in `pbSafariBattle'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\User\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Florio

Years
I'm having a problem compiling my game. Whenever I go to compress game data on the menu of RMXP, it works but whenever I try to extract that file there is an error. I think my files may be too big, because I noticed that it makes random files called test2 and test3 but when I reduced the MB in my game, only test2 was created. Also, my saved data got erased while I was trying to compile :( So yeah any help here would be appreciated especially on getting my data back.

Sam24

Sam24
Years
I'm having a problem compiling my game. Whenever I go to compress game data on the menu of RMXP, it works but whenever I try to extract that file there is an error. I think my files may be too big, because I noticed that it makes random files called test2 and test3 but when I reduced the MB in my game, only test2 was created. Also, my saved data got erased while I was trying to compile :( So yeah any help here would be appreciated especially on getting my data back.
The best thing to do is to remove the audio folder from the game folder(Because the music/audio can be the biggest file) before you compress the game and then once you extracted the game re-insert the audio file. Remember the game normally gets corrupt if the game file is over 128MB in size.

Florio

Years
The best thing to do is to remove the audio folder from the game folder(Because the music/audio can be the biggest file) before you compress the game and then once you extracted the game re-insert the audio file. Remember the game normally gets corrupt if the game file is over 128MB in size.

Thanks for the advice, I tried it and it worked perfectly.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
V13 Changelog said:
Fixed some screen transitions not appearing correctly if the screen zoom is greater than 1.
I still have problems with some transitions. Your change at def zoom_x/zoom_y isn't enough.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I still have problems with some transitions. Your change at def zoom_x/zoom_y isn't enough.
Do you want to elaborate on that? Do bear in mind that I said only "some" of the transitions were fixed - I'm well aware that there are still some transitions that are limited to a 640x480 area even if the game window is larger than that. That's because they use the default RMXP transition stuff rather than something custom like the picture-based transitions do, and I don't feel like writing something for it.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Do you want to elaborate on that? Do bear in mind that I said only "some" of the transitions were fixed - I'm well aware that there are still some transitions that are limited to a 640x480 area even if the game window is larger than that. That's because they use the default RMXP transition stuff rather than something custom like the picture-based transitions do, and I don't feel like writing something for it.
Oh! I confused this. Totally understandable your decision about not rewriting the XP transitions for fixing this problem.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Hello, everyone. I recently encountered what I believe to be an error with Pokèmon Essentials, so I signed up for PokèCommunity to see if it could be addressed.

Normally in Essentials, various fonts are available for the player's selection. (Specifically, they are Em, R/S, Fr/Lg, and D/P.) However, one day when I attempted to play my Essentials game, the font became completely different (and larger) and I could no longer switch which font I wanted to use. I thought this issue would be a bug with my game itself, but I loaded up an unaltered copy of Essentials with the same results. Does anybody know the solution to this issue?

I would post screenshots, but I'm not sure how at this point in time.

Florio

Years
I get this error when I try to run my game in encrypted mode. I encrypted the game successfully and the title screen pops up, but when I go to the next page where it shows the continue and new game options I get this error.

Spoiler:

Anything I can do to fix this? It doesn't happen when its not encrypted but I don't want to send my game to anyone that way or my maps could be stolen.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I get this error when I try to run my game in encrypted mode. I encrypted the game successfully and the title screen pops up, but when I go to the next page where it shows the continue and new game options I get this error.

Spoiler:

Anything I can do to fix this? It doesn't happen when its not encrypted but I don't want to send my game to anyone that way or my maps could be stolen.

go here on your computer: C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games
whatever your username is put that inplace of "USERNAME", in that folder delete the folder that has your game's name

Florio

Years
go here on your computer: C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games
whatever your username is put that inplace of "USERNAME", in that folder delete the folder that has your game's name

I don't really get what you are saying, I found the folder called at C:\Users\Default\Saved Games but the Saved Games folder is empty. There is no folder with my game name. So should I make a folder called Default in there? And does this mean anyone who plays my game has to do the same thing?

Well anyways I created a new folder called default and it didn't work.

Last edited:

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years

Spoiler:

Yeah, I'm also having this problem.

Also, it seems that I can no longer give hidden abilities to trainer's Pokémon. Where I could previously go into the editor and change their ability number to "2" to give the hidden ability to the Pokémon, this appears to have been removed, along with the hidden ability line in the pokemon.txt PBS file. Where have these abilities gone?

Florio

Years
Yeah, I'm also having this problem.

Also, it seems that I can no longer give hidden abilities to trainer's Pokémon. Where I could previously go into the editor and change their ability number to "2" to give the hidden ability to the Pokémon, this appears to have been removed, along with the hidden ability line in the pokemon.txt PBS file. Where have these abilities gone?

I found the fix, it is here.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8003475&postcount=12

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I've just updated my game file to the latest version of Essentials, and I've correctly copied over everything that I needed to. Only problem is that when I try to move now, it immediately springs up this error:

error_zpseec7a05d.png

Any idea what's causing it?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
You haven't updated your game properly, then. What exactly did you do? You should have been using the latest Essentials as a base and applying your game's changes to it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
That is exactly what I did. I followed the instructions to the letter - PBS across, graphics etc across, map data across. I've not edited any scripts in either the old version of the game or the latest Essentials.

EDIT: Bizarrely, it appears to have fixed itself.

Back