• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I love fairies. I've never seen a club like this before, so why not?

Username: angelomanalo
Partner Pokemon: Togetic. No one's usually into middle evos. Also it's one of my most favorite fairies.
Why you like Fairies: They're fairies, a force to reckon with. Even their cute exteriors can hide a demonic force to be unleashed upon the dragons, darkness, and even the strongest of fighters. But on top of that, they're cute.
What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?
It's between Floette and Whimsicott, and also Togetic. Floette's just so darn adorable, and Whimsicott tho...no one can say no to a cute sheep-plant-thing. The Togepi line is also balanced between cute and masculine. Also Togetic's design appeals to me...

Years
I love fairies. I've never seen a club like this before, so why not?

Username: angelomanalo
Partner Pokemon: Togetic. No one's usually into middle evos. Also it's one of my most favorite fairies.
Why you like Fairies: They're fairies, a force to reckon with. Even their cute exteriors can hide a demonic force to be unleashed upon the dragons, darkness, and even the strongest of fighters. But on top of that, they're cute.
What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?
It's between Floette and Whimsicott, and also Togetic. Floette's just so darn adorable, and Whimsicott tho...no one can say no to a cute sheep-plant-thing. The Togepi line is also balanced between cute and masculine. Also Togetic's design appeals to me...

Welcome aboard, and congrats on being the first member to choose Togetic as a partner! I know we have lots who picked Togekiss, but never Togetic or even Togepi so good to see you be a bit different and original here. I feel like middle evolutions get no love but Floette is a really adorable one nonetheless.

Hope you enjoy your time with us in the club!

Adam Levine

Years
If you were to give Granbull a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?

Well, I guess it'll look tougher. So tough, that it's part Fighting. It'll look like the normal Granbull, but with scars, bigger teeth, and improved fists, plus a more terrifying look. Overall, its attack and defense would be heightened, but speed would be kinda worse. The ability would probably remain as Intimidate.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
What's your overall thoughts on the Snubbull line in general?
Snubbull line is somewhat interesting choice to become a Fairy-type Pokémon, but I think its hidden charm may count as one.

Would you have preferred the line to become Normal/Fairy instead of just Fairy?
I personally think Snubbull line should be partly-Normal, since I think dogs are pretty Normal-type for me, so omitting it would be a bit off.

Years
Username: brygarde
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir

Why you like Fairies:
I love fairies because they're like all so cute and adorable, but can slay a dragon any time they want to. They're a great combination of powerful and cute, so naturally, I love them because of that. A lot of my friends kinda dump on fairies because of their appearances, which also makes me wanna use them more and beat up their Tyranitars and Garchomps :P

What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon and why?:
Gardevoir all the way! I've loved Gardevoir way before fairy type existed and they became part fairies. It's so nice now that every time I destroy a Dark Type with a fairy move, I can look back and remember a time I had to live in fear of Dark Types with Gardevoir, but its fairy type changed all of that. I believe the fairy type on Gardevoir made it even more amazing and dangerous.

Last edited:
Years
Username: brygarde
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir

Why you like Fairies:
I love fairies because they're like all so cute and adorable, but can slay a dragon any time they want to. They're a great combination of powerful and cute, so naturally, I love them because of that. A lot of my friends kinda dump on fairies because of their appearances, which also makes me wanna use them more and beat up their Tyranitars and Garchomps :P

What is your favorite Fairy type Pokemon and why?:
Gardevoir all the way! I've loved Gardevoir way before fairy type existed and they became part fairies. It's so nice now that every time I destroy a Dark Type with a fairy move, I can look back and remember a time I had to live in fear of Dark Types with Gardevoir, but its fairy type changed all of that. I believe the fairy type on Gardevoir made it even more amazing and dangerous.

Welcome, you're now added!

Gardevoir is definitely one of my fave Fairy-types, and I have to say when you use one in OR/AS compared to the original R/S/E, it really gets much easier in the former with that new Fairy-type. It's so awesome how it used to be terrible against Dark-types but can now destroy them so easily. Hope you enjoy participating in all the topics!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Probably make it normal and fairy since i still see them as a Normal type in a way maybe thats why my fighting types always lose to him haha

Would you have preferred the line to become Normal/Fairy instead of just Fairy?MMmm yes cause it doesnt really add weaknesses and its kinda more suiting for them since they dont look like a "raw" fairy type

I like it granbull is pretty powerful but i think theyre often forgotten i myself havent ever caught one but have traded for one so maybe if they were seen and used in game more theyd be liked more :)

Reactions: Sun

Adam Levine

Years

Snubbull is...odd. It's weird that a lot of ladies keep it as a pet, given the fact that it's just plain intimidating. Don't even ask me about why it's pink. A Normal typing would never fit in with Rattle- it'll be completely useless.

But Granbull. I like that thing. Its fierce teeth, purple skin, and nice, tough looks are all I need to say about it. A Fairy typing is OK, and I don't really need it to be part Normal. We already have Wigglytuff.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
I would convert its type into a Fairy/Steel Type Pokemon, that would gave its resistance to steel as well as most poison types(Poison types are immune to steel type) So this Pokemon will become very strong and very hard to defeat by other types.

Would you have preferred the line to become Normal/Fairy instead of just Fairy?
Hmm, yes its gave him a boost in the dual type instead of only a Fairy type so its suits it more.

Snubbull line is cute and Powerful, i had even caught a Snubbull and used in the games which help me a lot in defeating gym leaders.So i start liking it more and more.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Hey guys since Hikamaru is alittle busy I will be doing a couple POTW till she is better able so here goes my first one hope it looks ok!
298.png
183.png
184.png

Azurill, Marill, and Azumarill!
This line was always very cute in my mind but I never understood what azurill was modeled after. Marill is an Aquamouse, Azumarill is a Aqua rabbit and then azurill is a Polka Dot Pokemon. Nevertheless these guys are extremely cute and loved!

Used in competitive play Azumarill has only 3 weaknesses grass, electric and poison. Along with its ability huge power it is very versatile in competitive play as well as in game.

So here's some questions about this cute little line of fairies;

Have you ever used any of them competitive or Ingame?

If you were to give Azumarill a mega evolution how would you change it?

What are your thoughts of Azumarril and Maril losing their normal typing and gaining a fairy typing? Do you think it suits them and the line?

What are your overall thoughts on the Azurill line in general?

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years
Have you ever used any of them competitive or Ingame?
I've used Azumarill. That thing is unstoppable. Belly Drum + Life Orb + Aqua Jet + Huge Power + STAB = Aww, man. I don't think Garchomp can survive that either.

But the speed really sucks. Fortunately it has Aqua Jet.

If you were to give Azumarill a mega evolution how would you change it?

Lol I almost didn't know where to start with this one. Azumarill would probably have boosted Attack and Defense. Let's just hope its ability stays Huge Power.

Years
Apparently it turned out Marill's evolution line was a previous feature, in fact the very first one I did so I apologize if Dedenne didn't read everything that was done so far. I should get to work on a new one soon!

Years
This club needs life again, and a new featured Pokemon!

250px-669Flab%C3%A9b%C3%A9.png
250px-670Floette.png
250px-671Florges.png

Flabébé, Floette and Florges!

Now, we come to one of my fave Fairy-type evolution lines from 6th Gen. Pretty much the first Fairy-type you can encounter in X/Y (unless if you count the Marill line as well), the teeny Flabébé takes time to shine but once she becomes a beautiful Florges she finally blooms into a fairly powerful team member. A unique trait is a completely aesthetic form difference where the entire line can be found with five different coloured flowers - red, yellow, blue, white and orange.

The line shines mostly in special stats (such as an extremely high Sp. Defense) and having some usable HP as well, making it a useful at passing Wish to teammates. The line's usual ability is Flower Veil, which protects Grass-type teammates from having their stats lowered (a Clear Body/White Smoke-like effect fyi) or the hidden ability Symbiosis which allows it to pass its item onto a teammate. Sadly, both really are only useful in double and triple battles but the catch is both abilities are exclusive only to this line.

Now, let's see what you think about these floral faes!

If you were to give Florges a Mega Evolution, how would you change it?

Would you have preferred the line to become Fairy/Grass instead of just Fairy?

Which of the flower colour variants is your fave?

What's your overall thoughts on the Flabébé line in general?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Username: Unapologetic Sunflower
Partner Pokemon: A Shiny Cottonee is unavailable so... Azumarill
Why you like Fairies: Fairy-types are actually strong in the competitive, so far our leaders are Azumarill and Sylveon. Then there are the Megas like Mega Gardevoir and Mega Mawile, with the latter even in Uber tier(as of today, according to Smogon), which is a huge leap from her previous tiers! Now that's what I call a Mega! {XD}
What are your fave shiny Fairy-types, and reasons why?: A Shiny Cottonee! As it looks like an orange cotton candy or a cake with orange cream, right? ^_^

I'll give her an elegant dress like Mega Gardevoir! Probably giving her Adaptability as her Mega Ability so that she can spam Moonblast to her heart's content! {XD} She needs Speed boost and slightly more in her S. Atk and S. Def.
If she's a Grass/Fairy, her weaknesses would be Steel, Flying, Poison, Ice and Fire! Unless she has the moves to counter them, I prefer she stays as a pure Fairy!
I actually like all the variants in Flabébé and Floette, it's a different case with Florges though. The White one is my favorite followed by Yellow then the Blue.
In g-game wise, they are quite difficult to use while at their Basic Stage and Stage 1 evolution forms. Florges can be a beast with her high Special Attack and Special Defense though! It would be great if she has access to Aura Sphere, instead of the shaky Focus Blast to counter her Steel type weakness!

Years
Username: Unapologetic Sunflower
Partner Pokemon: A Shiny Cottonee is unavailable so... Azumarill
Why you like Fairies: Fairy-types are actually strong in the competitive, so far our leaders are Azumarill and Sylveon. Then there are the Megas like Mega Gardevoir and Mega Mawile, with the latter even in Uber tier(as of today, according to Smogon), which is a huge leap from her previous tiers! Now that's what I call a Mega! {XD}
What are your fave shiny Fairy-types, and reasons why?: A Shiny Cottonee! As it looks like an orange cotton candy or a cake with orange cream, right? ^_^

I'll give her an elegant dress like Mega Gardevoir! Probably giving her Adaptability as her Mega Ability so that she can spam Moonblast to her heart's content! {XD} She needs Speed boost and slightly more in her S. Atk and S. Def.
If she's a Grass/Fairy, her weaknesses would be Steel, Flying, Poison, Ice and Fire! Unless she has the moves to counter them, I prefer she stays as a pure Fairy!
I actually like all the variants in Flabébé and Floette, it's a different case with Florges though. The White one is my favorite followed by Yellow then the Blue.
In g-game wise, they are quite difficult to use while at their Basic Stage and Stage 1 evolution forms. Florges can be a beast with her high Special Attack and Special Defense though! It would be great if she has access to Aura Sphere, instead of the shaky Focus Blast to counter her Steel type weakness!

Great to have you finally on board! I do admit I love your description of shiny Cottonee, and makes me really want my own one day but well, you can only dream as they say.

I do love your interesting views on Florges, and while many wanted her to be a Grass-type due to the huge Grass movepool her evolution line has, but when you look at it it gives her even more weaknesses than what she currently has. A 4x Poison weakness is the issue but she does have Psychic to counter most of them.

As for my fave colour, I love the blue flowers and I have that one in X right now. Second fave is the white, followed by red. I do have a shiny Flabébé with an orange flower whose nature sadly sucks (Impish ugh) but I know that white and blue flowers really suit shiny Florges the best. Looking forward to more contribution from you!

Twilight Storm

just your average weirdo ;D
Years
Username:PokemonNerd65
Partner Pokemon: Togekiss
Why you like Fairies: Because they are beautiful and they defeat those stupid dragons.

Last edited:
Years
Why you like Fairies: Because they are beautiful and they defeat those stupid dragons.

I wouldn't call Dragon-types "stupid" since I do like a few myself, but hey nice to see you on board! Our club has been kinda dry lately so a new member is definitely worth the boost.

Togekiss is a popular choice for partners here and I wouldn't be surprised considering how it's not just cute but a potent battler as well, thanks to Serene Grace turning its Air Slash into a flinching machine, and if you manage to paralyze the foe before that it gets even more deadly. I even remember when its former Normal-type wasn't really that beneficial since it didn't learn much in the way of STAB moves, so the Fairy-type addition was a real blessing for it and helped enhance its battle capabilities. Have fun responding to the topics around here but a new one might come up when someone thinks of it.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I wouldn't call Dragon-types "stupid" since I do like a few myself, but hey nice to see you on board! Our club has been kinda dry lately so a new member is definitely worth the boost.

Togekiss is a popular choice for partners here and I wouldn't be surprised considering how it's not just cute but a potent battler as well, thanks to Serene Grace turning its Air Slash into a flinching machine, and if you manage to paralyze the foe before that it gets even more deadly. I even remember when its former Normal-type wasn't really that beneficial since it didn't learn much in the way of STAB moves, so the Fairy-type addition was a real blessing for it and helped enhance its battle capabilities. Have fun responding to the topics around here but a new one might come up when someone thinks of it.

More importantly, it's not nice to make such comments to other types; you can dislike a type, but never put them down just because they aren't your preference. :) Welcome to this glittery Club anyway!~ Enjoy your stay here.

Now if Togekiss can only learn that Moonblast, that Serene Grace is definitely abusing it -- I'm sure that's one of the reasons why it doesn't learn the said move in the first place.

It's a breath of a fresh air for the Togepi line to switch to the Fairy-type, as Nichole says it didn't benefit much from that type; Tri Attack Togepi has a limited access through Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Username: Breezey
Partner Pokemon: Clefairy
Why you like Fairies: I suppose just saying "sooo cuutee~" isn't an answer, so I'll give ya more than that. Not only do Fairies provide a very, very much so needed balance to Dragon typing, but they're one of the few types that make sense in terms of type match up. Dare I say whoever came up with the Fairy typing actually put thought into it instead of just throwing it into the game?!
What Fairy dual typing do you wish they brought into the games? Fairy/Fire. I know, that'd be pretty broken--but not nearly as broken as Mega Mawile! Could you imagine a tiny little flame spirit, though? Maybe a little pixie like thing that has a fire necklace (not too dissimilar from Chikorita's bud necklace)? I dunno. I'm sure someone more creative than I could come up with something better.

Make it Fairy/Grass with the ability Sap Sipper (or maybe Friend Guard?). The flower mane thing around its head would blossom into a bunch of bright flowers depending on its color and it'd grow a few prickly vines that it'd use to attack.

I prefer a more simpler change when it comes to mega evolution, so that's probably a bit boring.

Haha... Should've read the second question before answering the first! Obviously, I think it makes a ton more sense if they were Fairy/Grass. I mean, the first time I saw Flabebe, I was 100% convinced it'd be at least partial Grass, if not full Grass. It even learns Grass type moves!

Orange <3

I think they're pretty decent. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of Florges' design and I feel like they could have done a lot more to make it look more interesting. It's a shame, really, because I adore Flabebe and Floette a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back