• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Well you have Ice Beam, Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Surf. I'd say you're good to go.

Years
I think you should teach them a move thats good against agatha, like psychic, since she is using poison and ghost but maybe earthquake will be ok since her Gengar don't have levitate.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
I think you should teach them a move thats good against agatha, like psychic, since she is using poison and ghost but maybe earthquake will be ok since her Gengar don't have levitate.
The only person who can learn that is Wranthor, so should I take over Body Slam or Hypnosis?
Nevermind, I took over Body Slam. Sleep on cue is too handy compared to a small chance at paralysis; in fact, I might change Hypnosis to Thunder Wave if it can. (It can't.)

Anyway, I'm getting started now, I'll upload all my stuff to my youtube so keep checking up on it. Wish me luck!

Newsflash:
I lost against my rival!
AGGH!
His Alakazam was the one that destroyed me in the end, he KO'd EVERY pokemon of mine in ONE hit. I tried stalling it, but all I received was a never ending barrage of Psychic. I'm serious, I don't think my rival's PP ever runs out.

Because of this epic loss, I decided to train, train train. Doesn't this sound like a Rocky movie?

Last edited:

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
Hey there its me again! I just beat the celadon game corner underground and I save mr fugi. Now i'm headed to the bike path and heading towards Fuschia city. I have 4 badges and have thesel pokemon still... (I will be making a video when i'm at the elite 4) ;]

026.gif
Lv. 40

rbspr135.png
Lv.37

rbspr101.png
Lv.37

Years

His Alakazam was the one that destroyed me in the end, he KO'd EVERY pokemon of mine in ONE hit.
When you say that you make me really scared(poison pokemon hate psychic:<)
I just recevied surf from the guy in the safari, and caught a venomoth over there! Also, I fished Tentacool and I'm trying to evolve it.
that's my team-
Edit-KIRBY evolved and NOMISH learned psybeam, i think we are ready to kick some ninja's but-
Spr_1b_034.png

BONO lvl 41
Spr_1b_031.png

BONITA lvl 40

KIRBY/lvl 40
Spr_1b_042.png

NOYING/lvl 43
Spr_1b_003.png
Spr_b_g1_003.png
(what's wrong with venusuaur back sprite?)
BULBAZINE/lvl 40
Spr_1b_049.png

NOMISH/ lvl 40
What do you think about my team, should I replace some of them when Muck and Weezing will be available?

Last edited:

Suzume

Fire Fist
Years
Aiyh, I'm so sorry! *adds you to the list right away* :D

And that is exactly how I always used to battle Brock, regardless of whether I had a monotype team or not. XD Pidgey's Sand Attack just seemed to be the best way of outsmarting those guys. ^_^
Thanks~ :3 Hehe, I just usually trust the good old type advantage and just attack with full power. :P

Okay, continuing my Normal-type journey! I had planned to use Jigglypuff in my team, not Clefairy (one pink fluffy creature is enought), but after doing some quick research over the internet I changed my mind. Clefairy line just has better stats, better moves, and cuter sprites in R/B. ;) So bye to Jiggly~ I contunued through Mount Moon while searching for Clefairy. When I found Water Gun TM, I taught the move to Rattata, which helped me a lot with all those Geodudes. Eventually caught Clefairy and go through the cave.

I beat my rival again (Pidgey evolved!), defeated all trainers before Bill's house and visited Bill. Just before I was about to challenge Misty, all my pokemon grew to level 20, which means that both Rattata and Spearow evolved! Misty's Staryu was no mach against my Fearow, but Starmie surprised with its strong Bubblebeam, which caused my Pidgeotto and Clefairy to faint. But Fearow got the job done again. ^^ After defeating the Rocket I taught Dig to Raticate.

After defeating all trainers on S.S. Anne I encountered Blue again. He was surprisingly weak this time! (If he has over 40 pokemon, why not use some of them to make his team stronger...?) Well, cured the Captain (I still don't understand how rubbing shoulders helps a seasick person...) and got HM Cut. I taught Cut to Charmander, went through Diglett's cave, caught a Weedle so I had 10 pokemon and got HM05, Flash.

Current team:
Pixie (Clefairy, for some reason the only one with a nickname so far)
Level 23
Spr_1b_035.png

Doubleslap
Pound
Sing
Growl

Pidgeotto
Level 23
Spr_1b_017.png

Gust
Sand-Attack
Quick Attack
Whirlwind

Raticate
Level 23
Spr_1b_020.png

Hyper Fang
Tail Whip
Dig
Water Gun

Fearow
Level 23
Spr_1b_022.png

Peck
Fury Attack
Leer
Growl

Now it's back to Vermilion City, challenging some more trainers and defeating Lt. Surge!

Years
I was just wondering. In GSC, do we have to beat only the gym leaders of Johto and the Elite Four, or also the gym leaders of Kanto?

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
hey i uploaded the two incredibly-easy-battles against Gary and Lt. Surge

Lt. Surge:
youtube.com/watch?v=xQwPGQb6TeU

4th vs Rival Gary:
youtube.com/watch?v=AQgInut7udU

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
"Blog" 6: Sabrina... The Teenage Witch (I so stole that :P)

(As these next gyms take place in quick succession, gonna do all 3 now.)

After Defeating Koga, I taught Funster the Toxic TM that was given to me, and it was time to fully explore Fuschia City, and the Safari Zone~ After an annoying run through there, I finally found the Skull Bash TM, which I taught to Spitfire, I also recovered some Gold Teeth I turned in to obtain the HM for Strength, in which I taught to Clamps.

I finally reached Saffron City, and got the Psychic TM from Mr. Psychic, and promptly taught it to Celest. I then went into a place I thought was a gym, but instead, they offered me a fighting pokemon for winning, which I turned down.

I then went into the Silph Co. and noticed it was occupied by Rockets... which meant it was time to go to work! I found a Take Down TM inside, and decided that Skull Bash was useless, and replaced it on Spitfire. When I entered one portal, my rival was waiting for some reason... weird. I battled him and won, but not before he knocked out Spitfire. I continued on in search for the cause of Team Rocket being here.

A nice man on the floor my rival was on gave me a Lapras, whom I would teach Surf to and use as my HM slave, in place of the creepy Psyduck I caught in the Safari Zone. I found a TM for Swords Dance, and taught it to Clamps, finally replacing the move I consider to be cheating, Guillotine. At the top, I found the chairman of the company being harassed by that sleezeball Giovanni. After beating him, the chairman gave me a Master Ball... something I'll never need to use. Now it was time to go beat up Sabrina for my 6th badge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PqLDzFOcXk

Current Team After Sabriba:

Celest (Butterfree)
Level: 41
12.png

Psychic
Psybeam
Stun Spore
Razor Wind

Spitfire (Beedrill)
15.png

Take Down
Cut
Pin Missile
Twin Needle

Funster (Venomoth)
49.png

Psybeam
Stun Spore
Poison Powder
Leech Life

Shroomie (Parasect)
47.png

Slash
Spore
Mega Drain
Dig

Clamps (Pinsir)
127.png

Vicegrip
Strength
Swords Dance
Body Slam

"Blog" 7: The Bane of Blaine

After beating Sabrina, it was time to surf down to Cinnibar Island on my Lapras, which involved first getting TO Cinnibar, which was not an easy task. I chose to backtrack to Fuschia city and surf south of there. After fighting through the Seafoam Islands, I was closer to Cinnibar.

I arrived in Cinnabar only to find the Gym Locked... Naturally, I went into the nearest building hoping to find the Gym Leader, and found myself in the Pokemon Mansion. After fighting numerous Burglars, I found a TM that contained Solar Beam. Excited, I taught it to Celest, replacing the Razor Wind skill I had originally given her. Nearby, I found the Key to the gym.

Inside, I answered some weird quizzes, and soon I was face to face with the 7th gym leader. As he was a master of fire Pokemon, I was worried that he'd roast my bugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27f6_leIi8c

I was right to worry, it was a close match. I got lucky with that Psychic Critical at the end :)

Celest (Butterfree)
Level: 43
12.png

Psychic
Psybeam
Stun Spore
Solarbeam

Spitfire (Beedrill)
15.png

Take Down
Cut
Pin Missile
Twin Needle

Funster (Venomoth)
49.png

Psybeam
Stun Spore
Poison Powder
Leech Life

Shroomie (Parasect)
47.png

Slash
Spore
Mega Drain
Dig

Clamps (Pinsir)
127.png

Vicegrip
Strength
Swords Dance
Body Slam

"Blog" Part 8: Bringing Giovanni to the Ground

After my victory over Blaine, only 1 gym leader remained, and he was near home! Off to Viridian City I went~ After an annoying 20 minutes, I reached the gym, and fought the trainers inside. I arrived at Giovanni, and despite beating him twice already, he insisted that we fight once more for the badge. So we did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDB2uRj4yrs

I was lucky that all those Horn Drills missed, haha. I knew what was next: Victory Road, and then the Elite 4. So I prepared to set out, and wondered why there aren't more bug pokemon in the world :(

Current Pokemon Now:

Celest (Butterfree)
Level: 44
12.png

Psychic
Psybeam
Stun Spore
Solarbeam

Spitfire (Beedrill)
15.png

Take Down
Cut
Pin Missile
Twin Needle

Funster (Venomoth)
49.png

Psybeam
Stun Spore
Poison Powder
Leech Life

Shroomie (Parasect)
47.png

Slash
Spore
Mega Drain
Dig

Clamps (Pinsir)
Level: 45
127.png

Vicegrip
Strength
Swords Dance
Body Slam

Ok, so I'm now up to Victory Road, fun stuff. XD

Tony Montana

Years
I wont be able to upload any more battles because sth went wrong with vba and everytime i start recording it restarts and i have to turn it off. Too bad... =(

Oh, and btw I got through Rock Tunnel and Im about to battle Erika

Team:

Grounder (Nidoking)
Lv 31
THrash
Poison Sting
Mega Punch
Double Kick

Quaker (Dugtrio)
Lv 29
Scratch
Growl
Dig
Cut

Roll (Graveler)
Lv 29
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rock Slide
Selfdestruct

Nidoqueen (nned suggestions for the nickname)
Lv 30
Body Slam
Poison Sting
Scratch
Double Kick

Planning to capture a Cubone and a Rhyhorn...but its a long way to Fuchsia...

NEWSFLASH:
My anti-virus system detected a virus (worm specifically) and deleted it... I Think that was the problem, and its over so...
I'LL BE ABLE TO RECORD MY BATTLES AGAIN!!! YAY!!!

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
OMG why didn't I see this earlier!?
Anyways I am going to start but I have a question before I choose my type.
If I choose Psychic say, do I need to stay with Psychic for all the Generations, or onyl the first one then I can swap?
I am assuming you need to keep the one but just want to clear it up.
I will dig out my games later and pick my type before updating you guys here.

Last edited:
Years
in the first gen games is scyther flying if he is i want flying on red and if not i want bug on red.

Btw ill be using an emulator i cant find my old games.

moments.

quixotic
Years
The Journey to the Top is a Rocky Road :
I started my adventure doing what no one has dared to before, I began my monotype adventure using the Rock type.
After choosing Bulbasaur as my starter Pokemon, I began my journey through the various routes taking out my opponents with ease. Brock was a piece of cake and fell hard to my Vine Whip and Leech Seed attacks.
I made haste to Mt Moon where there awaiting my arrival was a plump Geodude. I battled the Geodude and it was quite a battle, finally I was able to haul a Pokeball at him capturing him on the spot, I named this Geodude, 'Rocky' inspired by Rocky Balboa (also because he is a rock type and rocky was the obvious pun to include in my team).
I have only recently began training Rocky against numerous trainers inside and outside Mt Moon defeating them with ease. Rocky takes hits hard and punishes them back using his fists of solid rock.

Current Team :

Rocky

Lv.14
Spr_1b_074.png

Tackle
Defence Curl

Top Stats
Attack : 27
Defence : 37

Last edited:
Years
Finished Kanto :)
final team
Charizard-Blaze Lv. 54
Butterfree-B.Fly Lv. 53
Aerodactyl-Aero Lv. 52
Fearow-Row Lv. 53
Pidgeot-Pid Lv. 53
Gyarados-Gyara Lv.17

These guys served me well hopfuly i will met them again in Johto (Crystal here i come)

Tony Montana

Years
Finished Kanto :)
final team
Charizard-Blaze Lv. 54
Butterfree-B.Fly Lv. 53
Aerodactyl-Aero Lv. 52
Fearow-Row Lv. 53
Pidgeot-Pid Lv. 53
Gyarados-Gyara Lv.17

These guys served me well hopfuly i will met them again in Johto (Crystal here i come)

lol u beat the game in no time at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back