• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What religion do you follow?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm the most atheist of atheists. Super atheist. Turbo atheist. Nobody believes in Jesus less than I do.

I haven't believed in God since I was old enough to know better.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
I follow the religion of Wicca. I joined by choice. When I was younger I didn't necessarily understand religion but my Dad was a Catholic. I went to church with him sometimes however I don't agree with most of their views now as an adult. I never was dedicated to being Catholic and never took it serious enough though.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I was born into large Lebanese family who all follow Christianity.

I've never been a very religious person, I rarely go to church, never pray and have little knowledge of the rules of Christianity. The reason mainly being is that I have a hard time really believing if God does exist. I'm more of an individual who lives by science and scientific proof; God hasn't be proven to exist nor to fail to exist.

Another issue I have with religion in general, is that I despise having to bow down to something. Every time I've gone to church and have had to prey (such as my cousin's holy communion), I honestly felt like a slave. I shouldn't be forced to live by a book that has no evidence to prove that its contents are fact. Until it's proven that it's not fictitious I'm not going to follow its expectations. I dislike the restriction that's placed on me, I'm in control of my life, not someone else. I also won't believe in a religion just because the rest of my family does; I certainly won't conform just to fit into the majority.

In regards to the religion I've been born into, I do believe in some of its basic concepts, such as accepting and loving everyone, but at times it contradicts itself in that it's against homosexuality; that's hardly accepting and loving everyone. I think there's contradictions is many religions don't get me wrong. I definitely disagree with some principles of other religions as well.

I've always questioned what created the universe, something I've been unable to find a comprehensible answer to. What created our universe? What created the thing that created our universe? What created the creator of the thing that created out universe? [etc.]

Where science doesn't explain things, I will believe in a God or another mysterious power, and vice-versa.

For me, until a religion and it's beliefs are proved to be fact, I won't follow it. I will respect others decisions to follow a religion; it's not my place to question them.

Last edited:

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I'm religiously confused, I guess. I honestly don't know where I lean on. I was raised a Roman Catholic, but now I'm not too sure if everything it teaches are true. Probably I could consider myself as an atheist, since I'm not too keen on the whole god concept, but idk tbh

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Don't want to sound mean - but I'll say what I believe in.... I given up completely on Religion (after learning the dark horrors of it - as much as I'm willing to share in public to not insult others).

Were you born into said religion, or did you join through choice?
I gave up on it, never will join any - I'm happy the way I am

Perhaps you've converted from one religion to another? If so, why?
Never convert to any - if anyone really wants to know
Spoiler:

How dedicated to your religion are you?
My family may be, I don't believe in it anymore

What beliefs do you particularly agree with? What are some you disagree with, if any?
Personally disagree with Religion all together - at least I'm respectful of others, so I keep all the details to myself unless someone asks me personally

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Yeah, I'm an atheist and always have been. It's the same with my adopted parents. You can learn more about life by using your five sense than what's written in a book.

Years
I believe in God, but I don't follow a religion. I've met people of all different sorts of religions, and I won't look down upon you or think less of you. I think everybody is allowed to believe what they want, yeah?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I was raised in the Roman Catholic Church, but as I got older and started to do my own philosophical thinking, I strayed away from a lot of Orthodox ideas. Nowadays while I'm still decidedly theist I mostly refer to myself as a Pandeist, which is to say that I believe God is one with the universe itself and is all-knowing, but doesn't mettle in our human affairs because He's for too busy with more important things like maintaining cosmic balance and such. XD

Last edited:

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I was born and raised in Islam. I consider myself religious as I do pray, fast, abstain from sins and what not and I'm happy for it!

What I don't understand is why other people (mostly those who don't believe in my experiences) make fun of others for believing in a religion, believing that there isn't any God is a kind of 'faith' as well...
That being said, I respect anyone's belief. It's their opinion, live and let live.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
I consider myself Agnostic. I've been raised Christian. It's a shame to know people get mistreated for beliefs that don't harm anyone in any manner.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
First time here and I'm honestly surprised with the amount of civility I'm seeing in a conversation about religion!

But on to the topic at hand:

-I suppose I'm agnostic. I believe that there is a higher power that created everything, but I don't believe that this deity is involved in our everyday lives as I find it hard to believe that any omniscient, omnipotent being would even care considering the scale of its power.

-I was born in this awkward stage where my parents were converting from Catholicism to Mormonism, but I grew up Mormon. As I grew up, I began to waver in my Mormon religion, then I left it, then I returned, and now I'm gone again.

-When it comes to the religions of others, I believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. However, I will never argue with someone over that. I will, however, argue with their reason as to why they believe what they do. You're an Atheist? Cool. But are you only one in rebellion to the religion of the people around you and not because that's what you truly believe? You're Christian? Cool. But are you only one because people tell you to be and not because you want to be one?

Outside of the questions now. I believe that religion is just like any other idea; potentially powerful and potentially dangerous. All ideas have the potential for great good or great evil depending on who wields it and how. I've witnessed how religion has held together my family in the hardest of times and lifted people from the depths of despair, and I've also seen it even break families apart as well as being well aware of the atrocities of the past done in religion's name.

There's my two cents. Before I go, I wanna just say this. I think when Atheists try to shove their beliefs down other people's throats while complaining about religions doing the same is kinda silly. It's like a black guy being racist against white people for what they did in the past; hypocritical and pointless. Nobody should be shoving anything down anyone's throat. I'm not saying anyone here has done that, but it's just something I've noticed and decided here would be a good place to talk about it. I apologize if anyone takes any offense to my comments, and now I go to sleep.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I'm an atheist. I was born in a family where religion was given very little importance. My mother's relatives baptized me as Orthodox Christian (I was born in what used to be USSR) more for the sake of tradition than anything, and she tried guilting me into wearing a cross on my neck for years, but I ended up ditching it. On the other hand, we had a ton of litterature, including books on lots of different religions, and could basically make our choices ourselves.

I clearly remember, at the age of, like 6 or 7, having a children's edition of the Bible and a book called "Encyclopedia for children" which basically laid out science in a lot of fields (including the creation of Earth, evolution etc) in a manner accessible to kids. I tried reading both, and, frankly, the latter made all the sense in the world to me, while the former did none.

With time I also became somewhat of a nihilist. For those who don't know what it is, I basically believe that everything, including our existance, is completely meaningless in the grand scheme of things. While a lot of people find that depressing, I see it more as a positive thing, as it takes a lot of pressure off. On the other hand, I think that, since there's no higher power to judge us upon death, the only judges we have are other people who are as short-lived as we are, and while I don't think we were handed rules from above, it doesn't mean we don't need empathy, decency, respect...

At the end of the day, I can say that my philosophy has only two commandments: live your life the way it makes the most sense to you because it's the only life you've got, and never and in any manner get in the way of other people's doing the same.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I have no religion. It's something I don't care about. And I don't believe in sins or hell. If it's bad, it's bad. I don't need a book to tell me how to live my life. Especially since it was written by men.

Another reason I don't care for religions is because all of them at some point have practiced sacrifice. Why would I want to follow something that had been so barbaric? And they And I don't like how we have to bow down to a god. That just exists to satisfy their egos.

While I myself may not be religious, my family is. I come from an Amish family. xD That's def a first. If there's anyone else I'll be shocked :p So a lot of them are very religious. But they're accepting of those who aren't. They don't shun us if we don't follow their religion.

I was raised with believes from the Pagan and Wiccan religions. My mom follows Wicca herself and used to be Amish before my grandma left the religion.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I have no religion. It's something I don't care about. And I don't believe in sins or hell. If it's bad, it's bad. I don't need a book to tell me how to live my life. Especially since it was written by men.

Another reason I don't care for religions is because all of them at some point have practiced sacrifice. Why would I want to follow something that had been so barbaric? And they And I don't like how we have to bow down to a god. That just exists to satisfy their egos.

This. I don't mind others following their religion - live and let live and all, but it bothers me when some people try to spin it as if those who don't follow a religion have no moral compass or sense of what's right or wrong.

Personally I was never raised with religion so I know very little about any of it, and I'm okay with that. My parents have both been to church when they were younger (I'm sorry, I'm so ignorant to religion I can't even tell you what kind), and I know my dad does believe in a higher power, he's just not super dedicated to his faith and all, and my mom just never believed any of it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 6, 2014
Was born and raised to no religion, but somehow my "crush" convinced me into believing a portion of Christianity (Catholic to be in fact), I don't really know if there is a God but the stories and Tales of the Old and New Testament really got me moving. The stories about Jesus Christ in the New Testament really got me moving about how he accepted everyone into his Kingdom. I don't really know, so my answer is: Still deciding.

droomph

weeb
Years
I think it's healthy to fill that void of the unknown, so I do as much as I can to fill that gap. Otherwise I'm not too specific on whatever you are as long as you're not a dick about it.

(And not that I'm complaining but every time I read threads like these a little bit of me dies on the inside for some of ya :x)

Back