• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah, a 3DS remake would make them a lot more money. You know the water would be less annoying (for those who found it annoying) if they add more islands in between routes, and new areas to explore (like the Sevii islands, and the new routes in Johto).

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Yeah, a 3DS remake would make them a lot more money. You know the water would be less annoying (for those who found it annoying) if they add more islands in between routes, and new areas to explore (like the Sevii islands, and the new routes in Johto).
One thing that I actually liked about Hoenn (and why I find it unique) was that you can get lost in the sea routes. I was never that lost in any other pokemon game, but in RS I find myself constantly referring to the map every once in a while when traveling in the sea routes.

Referring back to XY, there's this swimmer at Azure Bay who claims to have swam all the way from Hoenn. I'm actually rather intrigued by this. Could Hoenn be somewhat near Kalos in the Pokemon World? Maybe it's just game talk but it is definitely possible since the western bank of Kalos is facing the sea (the other side could be Mossdeep/Ever Grande)

Years
It'd be amazing if GF took like 5 years off and made one super game that covered everything but our realistic 2014 isn't like the 2014 imagined in the 1970's and we are yet to have hoverboards.
A R/S/E remake would be great personally for the series as those who had a connection with Gen III as it being their first game would be incredibly stoked with the games. Personally wasn't huge on R/S/E due to the annoying water and about 600000+(exaggerated) new Water type Pokemon being added. But even so, i'd still buy it and play it because it's Pokemon.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Don't take this too seriously.

Recently Junichi Masuda has been visiting Kyushu quite a bit. Although it's not really that much of a surprise (he lives in Japan, plus he has relatives there), he has one twitter post that has a pic of (Google Earth) Kyushu region attached. I wonder what is the significance of that.. since he can just make that post without the screenshot.

Screenshot below:

Spoiler:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I just had a random thought... what iiiif:

In RSE Remakes, They make an event where YOU CAN GO TO SPACE to catch Jirachi and Deoxys? Like in those old rumors.

blue

gucci
Years
Don't take this too seriously.

Recently Junichi Masuda has been visiting Kyushu quite a bit. Although it's not really that much of a surprise (he lives in Japan, plus he has relatives there), he has one twitter post that has a pic of (Google Earth) Kyushu region attached. I wonder what is the significance of that.. since he can just make that post without the screenshot.

Screenshot below:

Spoiler:

Well Junichi Masuda did visit France prior to the release of Pokémon X & Y, it could have some significance or it could just be because it is local as you noted above.

Years
I'd say RSEmakes are likely. I think Nintendo didn't make them in Gen V because they wanted to move on to the 3DS while it was still "new". However, I'd say we'll see them before X/Y 2.

What do you guys think would be good names?

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I'd say RSEmakes are likely. I think Nintendo didn't make them in Gen V because they wanted to move on to the 3DS while it was still "new". However, I'd say we'll see them before X/Y 2.

What do you guys think would be good names?

RagingRuby, StormySapphire?

There is one thing though.. If a Hoenn remake does happen, I wonder how are they going to fit mega evolution into the region.

Perhaps it'll be a post game thing..?

blue

gucci
Years
I definitely do have a feeling that we are due Hoenn Remakes, these past few months have provided us with plenty of notable hints and/or clues that may suggest a Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remake either this year or next. Surely we are due news soon regarding the next set of main series Pokemon game(s), perhaps in May we will get some sort of global announcement via Pokemon Direct like they did with Pokemon X and Y hopefully?

blue

gucci
Years

There is one thing though.. If a Hoenn remake does happen, I wonder how are they going to fit mega evolution into the region.

They have a tendency on adding extras onto remakes, perhaps they can work around that and implement a minor storyline addition about Mega Evolution? Surely if the Latias and Latios Mega Stones exist then they're bound to be in the games.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
They have a tendency on adding extras onto remakes, perhaps they can work around that and implement a minor storyline addition about Mega Evolution? Surely if the Latias and Latios Mega Stones exist then they're bound to be in the games.
Personally, I doubt a minor storyline addon is possible for a remake during the main storyline. Mega evo was quite heavily focused on in XY... So I don't think it'll be a "small" thing in Hoenn.

But at that scale, it would disrupt the main storyline, which kinda defeats the purpose of a remake. I personally feel that RS remakes would include the comeback of the Sevii Isles, and the mega evo events will happen there.

Unless, of course, Gamefreak decides to do a sequel of RS...Then adding mega evo in the main storyline would be so much easier.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years

I'm hoping they won't make Mega Evolutions the main thing in the Hoenn remakes... I'm kinda worried for that to be honest. That's not Hoenn's gig so I hope they don't change Hoenn's "thing" too much.

They did well with the gen 2 remakes though so I dunno..

Years
Maybe you're Dad could give you a Mega Ring when you beat him? I dunno, it seems like soemthing he might have.

Also, if we do get remakes, I'd love to see some Hoenn pokemon get Mega's. Slakoth, Spinda, Relicanth, Breloom... It'd be pretty cool.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Maybe you're Dad could give you a Mega Ring when you beat him? I dunno, it seems like soemthing he might have.

Also, if we do get remakes, I'd love to see some Hoenn pokemon get Mega's. Slakoth, Spinda, Relicanth, Breloom... It'd be pretty cool.

Yeah, it could be like Origins, where Fuji gave Red the Mega Ring but it wasn't really revealed what it was until he went to get Mewtwo.

blue

gucci
Years
I think the fact that the Latios and Latias Mega Evolutions have been found in x and Y coding but haven't officially been announced kinda supports the RS Remake theory. Unless they just plan to randomly distribute them as an events, either way we will find out soon enough.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I think the fact that the Latios and Latias Mega Evolutions have been found in x and Y coding but haven't officially been announced kinda supports the RS Remake theory. Unless they just plan to randomly distribute them as an events, either way we will find out soon enough.
Is there other RS-related stuff found in the codings besides Mega Lati@s?

Btw, I was browsing some random sites and I found this:

Fans have read into some of the dialogue from travelers in the game as being hints of an upcoming Ruby/Sapphire remake. Do you care to comment?

Travelers play the role of characters who have come from other regions. We put them in the game to make sure people know that the new region is connected with the rest of the world.
Note that he merely stated "travelers". As I played XY, there are Hoenn travelers, BUT there is also a fairly good number of non-travelers that made Hoenn references. Such as the little girl with his uncle working at Hoenn, the swimmer at Azure Bay and the Lumi Cab Driver.

Sure there are other region references as well (Blue for instance) and it may be purely game talk... But this is rather interesting, to me at least.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

Maybe they'll be ExplodingRuby, and TempestSapphire. Or RadiantRuby, and ShimmeringSapphire.

Maybe looking back will give us some hints. The gen I remakes had nature related names, which makes sense as one of the Kanto region's themes was natural and artificial (at least legends and mascots wise). Johto however was more spiritual, with it the region having been based on a part of Japan that was heavily influenced by Buddhism.
Now Hoenn's themes are nature, and opposites. Maybe they'll be called LandRuby and SeaSapphire. Or perhaps they'll share their name with my username :P

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
Years
Maybe they'll be ExplodingRuby, and TempestSapphire. Or RadiantRuby, and ShimmeringSapphire.

Maybe looking back will give us some hints. The gen I remakes had nature related names, which makes sense as one of the Kanto region's themes was natural and artificial (at least legends and mascots wise). Johto however was more spiritual, with it the region having been based on a part of Japan that was heavily influenced by Buddhism.
Now Hoenn's themes are nature, and opposites. Maybe they'll be called LandRuby and SeaSapphire. Or perhaps they'll share their name with my username :P

Your username would sound awesome for those games, actually. x)

I could absolutely R.I.P. if there was a Hoenn remake/sequel. It's already a beautiful region as is, imagine it in 3D. Askdgfj.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back