• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I thought it was pretty strange to release it this early, but then I had to remind myself that there are some other Super Bowl commercials that I have seen come out on YouTube several days before the game itself. But still, the majority of them don't make it to Youtube until after they've aired on TV.

This is gonna sound strange and grasping at straws, but I'm wondering if they showcased the longer version this early to get it out of the way for something else planned for that same weekend... maybe so that the commercial and whatever it is I'm talking about wouldn't overshadow each other specifically for the Internet audience? I don't know, I just thought it was strange to get the full version of the commercial this early, two weeks ahead to be exact.

I don't expect much next week.
I wonder if GF will make the announcement of Z on the 28th like on Pokenchi, at that time it'll still be the 27th in a lot of the world. I say this date as it falls on a Sunday. Or maybe we'll get a Direct (a WW one would make the best sense if they're going to make it a WW release) by then, since we usually got one in January or February (or both sometimes) prior to Iwata's untimely death.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Does anyone thinks that's the "Third Version" will be special since Pokemon celebrating its 20 year anniversary ????

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Does anyone thinks that's the "Third Version" will be special since Pokemon celebrating its 20 year anniversary ????

Well, this third version hasn't been announced yet so it's too early to assume this third version is special. XD

Although it will be special if it's released this year! In case it will be released this year, hopefully it is able to bring out that special part due to it being released in 20 anni. We need to end the Gen VI beautifully, despite the flaws. (:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Welp, after 3 long years, that Detective Pikachu game has finally been announced. It's due for release next month in Japan on eShop for 3DS, no news yet on international releases.

Bringing this up because it seems like this month we're getting hit with one thing after another with Pokemon. I can't imagine what next month is going to be like, since next month is officially the 20th anniversary. By March we'll all be drowning in the Pokemans.

Years
Hey, guess what? Detective Pikachu is coming out early next month. Kind of very last minute though... perhaps we'll get a Direct soon to promote it and other games like we did a few days after Nintendo Badge Arcade was revealed to be coming to EU and NA.

Anyways at least it's something else out of the way...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Not really interested with Pikachu. I get it he's the mascot but it's not really the pokemon I like.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
Aw, I liked how it was started by a relative n00b (me, actually) and then just kind of snowballed from there. But, since we were having technical difficulties…eh, sure, let's roll this Poochyena and keep speculating.

Also, I think that post was partially a trolling one…

I wasn't trolling I was talking really serious!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys. I would like to bring something up that TyranitarTube has brought up once again. This could have very well been said already.

Back in December of 2012, we were told that there would be a 'shock to the world.' The next month, we have Pokemon XY announced.
This month, we were told that there would be an announcement in the next Corocoro that would be 'Earth Shattering.'

So I think we will have an announcement next month. Not only does it follow what was said, Feb would also be the greatest month to announce the new game.

With the announcement being in Jan. The XY games came out in October 12th, 2013. 9 months after the announcement. They could be doing the same thing, although November seems to be a very long time away and would no doubt make the 6th Gen a 4 year generation like they did with. The 4th Gen.

And this is grasping at massive straws, but I think the announcement could also reveal Mega Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, and Mewtwo Z (Aka Dark Mewtwo) Why these? Because they are the legends from the start. The Legendary Birds can be caught in Kalos for no real reason. And we already have a new Mewtwo form that could possibly be Z. Not to mention that only having the ability to catch 1 Legndary bird is completely unheard of in a game. It is usually all 3 or none.

Mega Lugia could also be introduced because it is so closely linked to the Legendary Birds and probably one of the most popular legendaries. Not to mention he was in Hoopa's movie, but only a very small amount of time. To add to this, Lugia was the ONLY pokemon that Ash teamedd up with to stop Hoopa and the other Legends that didn't have a Mega Evolution. And one of the few that didn't have a form, primal, or mega change. Leaving Lugia in the dust, getting its butt kicked fairly hard.

Having these Legendaries announced with Pokemon Z would definitely be Earth Shattering.

Last edited:

Years
Hey guys. I would like to bring something up that TyranitarTube has brought up once again. This could have very well been said already.

Back in December of 2012, we were told that there would be a 'shock to the world.' The next month, we have Pokemon XY announced.
This month, we were told that there would be an announcement in the next Corocoro that would be 'Earth Shattering.'

So I think we will have an announcement next month. Not only does it follow what was said, Feb would also be the greatest month to announce the new game.

With the announcement being in Jan. The XY games came out in October 12th, 2013. 9 months after the announcement. They could be doing the same thing, although November seems to be a very long time away and would no doubt make the 6th Gen a 4 year generation like they did with. The 4th Gen.

And this is grasping at massive straws, but I think the announcement could also reveal Mega Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, and Mewtwo Z (Aka Dark Mewtwo) Why these? Because they are the legends from the start. The Legendary Birds can be caught in Kalos for no real reason. And we already have a new Mewtwo form that could possibly be Z. Not to mention that only having the ability to catch 1 Legndary bird is completely unheard of in a game. It is usually all 3 or none.

Mega Lugia could also be introduced because it is so closely linked to the Legendary Birds and probably one of the most popular legendaries. Not to mention he was in Hoopa's movie, but only a very small amount of time.

Having these Legendaries announced with Pokemon Z would definitely be Earth Shattering.

I think he might've gone to this site and read the convo we had.
I recall that the shocking news was connected to something Pikachu related (either the reveal of the Pikachu game or some Pikachu event). He has made some mistakes before... but then again it might be me making an error.

Also Dark Mewtwo is Shadow Mewtwo X. What I find interesting is why they added a shadow Pokemon into Pokken...they've only appeared in the Orre games...unless if Pokken takes place in Orre xD.

Edit: Ah found it. This is the news I recall them hyping as "Shocking"
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/expect_a_shocking_new_pokemon_project_on_26th_august
Turned out to be this:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/that_shocking_pokemon_announcement_was_arcade_fighter_pokken_tournament

Plus they said in Corocoro that it'll be movie related. I guess they could show off new Megas for the movie. I think later in the month we'll get a reveal. I hope so as I'm starting to become the pessimist among us...

Edit II: Here's the source of the Dark Mewtwo equals Shadow Mega Mewtwo X (well in the video it's normal Shadow Mewtwo) http://kotaku.com/https-www-youtube-com-watch-v-ajrtbifd144-dark-mewtwo-1740305318

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I went back in time to December of 2012, but as you stated, I don't see anything about ground shaking news. As you said, it was said to include the movie, which I keep forgetting about. Probably because I wish they would hurry up and give us some info.

However, my idea still stands. Whenever we finally get news on Pokemon Z, I still think Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, and Mewtwo Z Megas will be announced. And possibly Lugia. I am not even sure why Lugia was even included in the Hoopa movie, only having such a small part, unless it was getting a Mega. Especially when Lugia was the only legendary on Ash's side with no Mega. And those 5 pokemon would still be a nice Pokemon Z teaser, especially in Feb.

As for Shadow Mewtwo, perhaps they are bringing Orre back into the main series to make it canon? Or just remaking them or something, since Orre came out with Hoenn.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
When you´re talking about the seventh generation, then I think that GameFreak are preparing some stuff for surprising us!!! Something real new that never ever happened in Pokémon games.

Idk maybe some new stuff like better graphic designs...
maybe a new handheld or an apprenticeship-system would be cool too and skateboards and you could maybe drive or be driven by someone, you could also take a taxi and pay for each time you take the taxi. or you can call the taxi and pay. Then new stuff would be really cool, like the apprenticeship-system I'd told, you could go to school make the school and learn all the stuff you need, depending on which thing you want to make apprenticeship for. Then they could also make a system (like THE SIMS system) so your playable character can become hungry, can have the feeling of be in love with someone, depending on their sex. They can have the need of taking a shower. They can also use the toilette. They can chit-chat with each other, make friendships and they could also marry and live with you in the same house, you could later buy with your amount of money you gain with your work you could have it with your apprenticeship. The game could be like in real life, but just fits with the Pokémon Game. This could happen in the 7th Generation with maybe new Pokémons for Kalos or maybe they can make it with the 8th Generation or in the future, when they have the Idea. I know in future they will make it :)

Also, I think that post was partially a trolling one…

I wasn't trolling I was talking really serious!

OK, I guess you were only partly trolling: a couple of the points you make are obvious, at least one's been done before, but the rest…highly unlikely.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

As for Shadow Mewtwo, perhaps they are bringing Orre back into the main series to make it canon? Or just remaking them or something, since Orre came out with Hoenn.

That would be nice and interesting, but, even though I like Colosseum — never have gotten around to playing XD: Gale of Darkness, unfortunately —, I'd be somewhat surprised if the Pokémon Company, Game Freak, and Genius Sonority (who did the work on the Orre-based games) pulled a stunt like that given the region's current non-canonicity.

Last edited:

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
I'm not trolling at any way. As I said b4 I wasn't trolling and not joking and not partly trolling. I just said what GameFreak could make in the future if they had this Ideas, it would be really cool too cause I actually like the sims and if Pokémon had such a system it would be more interesting and more real, y'know. I'm never trolling, think what you like but I weren't trolling at all, never mind what you say or what you say in future I won't respond anymore to you cause this is too childish for me. I don't need to explain why I didn't troll and I hope 4 you that you stops with this, I just told my opinion if you don't like it you could say: "I don't like your Opinion" instead of saying such childish stuffs.

Years
I went back in time to December of 2012, but as you stated, I don't see anything about ground shaking news. As you said, it was said to include the movie, which I keep forgetting about. Probably because I wish they would hurry up and give us some info.

However, my idea still stands. Whenever we finally get news on Pokemon Z, I still think Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, and Mewtwo Z Megas will be announced. And possibly Lugia. I am not even sure why Lugia was even included in the Hoopa movie, only having such a small part, unless it was getting a Mega. Especially when Lugia was the only legendary on Ash's side with no Mega. And those 5 pokemon would still be a nice Pokemon Z teaser, especially in Feb.

It's probably because Lugia is available in OrAs. Odd that they left out Ho-oh...we've never seen Lugia and Ho-oh interact in the anime. Anyways I hope we get Mega Mew. Mega Mewtwo Z might mean Mega Charizard Z too...instead Blastoise and Venusaur should get 'Z' Mega if any that already have them are getting more.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't think we can go with the idea that they put Lugia in it because of ORAS. The legendary dogs, Cresselia, and the Musketeer Trio were not in the movie. Same with Ho-oH and the Lake Trio. Even though all of them were from Hoopa's rings.

And Lugia is only in AS unless you trade. Cresselia would have been the better choice.

But as I said, I am kinda grasping at straws. Usually not this inpatient... but for some reason I am this time Lol.

Years
I don't think we can go with the idea that they put Lugia in it because of ORAS. The legendary dogs, Cresselia, and the Musketeer Trio were not in the movie. Same with Ho-oH and the Lake Trio. Even though all of them were from Hoopa's rings.

And Lugia is only in AS unless you trade. Cresselia would have been the better choice.

But as I said, I am kinda grasping at straws. Usually not this inpatient... but for some reason I am this time Lol.
They seem to have picked some of them at random. Reshiram and Zekrom were also missing. They did add Arceus though which was kind of random... and made Rayquaza shiny for some reason...well both were events at least in Japan (don't think that Arceus made it out unlike Rayquaza).

Btw anyone think that Rayquaza might play a role in the next game(s), it's name ends with 'A' while Zygarde begin's with 'Z'.
Also Rayquaza is the protector of Hoenn, and guards the skies. Zygarde is the guardian of Kalos and keeps order in the ecosystem.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen yesterday
That would be nice and interesting, but, even though I like Colosseum — never have gotten around to playing XD: Gale of Darkness, unfortunately —, I'd be somewhat surprised if the Pokémon Company, Game Freak, and Genius Sonority (who did the work on the Orre-based games) pulled a stunt like that given the region's current non-canonicity.
the orre series & the ranger series are canon to the main series.
the events of the first ranger game & colosseum occur in the 3 year gap between R/B/Y/G/R/S/E/OR/AS & D/P/Pt/G/S/C/HG/SS/PR:SoA/PR:GS and the events of XD:GoD occur about 1-2 years after the 2ed & 4th gen(5 years after colosseum)
pokemon ranch, pokemon box & pokemon bank are also canon to the main series, but only as far as the fact that brendan/may(RSE) & red/leaf(FRLG) use pokebox, lucas/dawn use pokemon ranch and brendan/may(ORAS) & calem/serena(XY) use poke bank to store pokemon as an alternative to their respective region's storage system.
also hayley is friends with bebe & brigette is lanette's older sister.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen yesterday
...Wait, really?
I know Rangers are cannon in the main series, but I didn't know Orre is as well.
the orre games are also odd as far as far as non-core series games are concerned.
mostly because their set up the same way as the main series games with the only things out of the norm being:
1) the lack of gym leaders, E4, new regional pokemon, pokedex, HM requirements(+ field use), pokemon storage administrator & a prof(colosseum only, XD has prof krane)
2) shadow pokemon, shadow pokemon mechaics, time flutes & the snag machine
3) not having a choice of which starter you get as you starting off with umbreon & espeon in colosseum only & get an eevee in XD interestingly enough, yellow is also like this as your stuck with pikachu & your rival is stuck with eevee. also yellow is the only other game set up as out of place with the rest of its gen as the orre games are but with the same mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back