• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Should they do a 7th gen Diamond/Pearl remake?

Should they make a Diamond/Pearl remake?

• Yes

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I would really love a Diamond and Pearl remake. I mean, I would love a Platinum remake more, but I'm not sure how well that will work out because I don't think they do third games anymore...

DPPt were my second favorite games. I would really love to see them again in 3D, especially with the new graphics that Sun and Moon are about to introduce. I'm still a bit undecided on whether I would like a full remake or a sequel, though. Maybe a sequel to make it more interesting to those who have played it already, while keeping the integrity of Sinnoh alright?

I dunno. I would just really love to explore Sinnoh again.

EthanoicAcid

professional chicken nugget inspector
Years
I really really hope they do give DPPt remakes. If they got remakes, I would finally be able to die in peace.
But since the two gen 6 champs (Diantha and Steven) have both mega'd their aces, I am dreading the potential pain that would be brought on by the E4. Dat Chomp.
Regardless, I still think they should get remakes. Whether or not they'll happen, I'm not sure. But I'm keeping my hopes up anyway.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 26, 2023
I would love this so much. I really hope we get it, and if not with this generation then hopefully the next one. It would be so amazing to get to explore Sinnoh in 3D, getting to re-live all the amazingness of that game in the current generation's style. Ugh.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I hope they do. Even though some of it was rendered in 3D, the Pokémon and characters need more depth, especially the Mythical ones. Plus, I'd like to hear some remastered music.

Anyone who says they shouldn't in this Generation should wake up. Nintendo is breaking patterns in Generation VII now.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
along with OrAs starting for the 10th aniversary, the alchemy theme touches on creation.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
I doubt it will happen...

Usually updates or rereleases to games are made based on 1. a particular special event/year (10th or 20th anniversary), or 2. because there's no other way to play the game in some form on a modern system.

If there's an update, it may be because the latest handheld console doesn't play it (and all 3DS consoles from Original to New are backwards compatible with games from the DS era; there's no online, but you don't need it to complete the game [aside from the pokedex]). Other than the graphics, the stat revamps, the evolution add-ons (megas and whatever else), there's nothing to really add to the experience unless they were to do something like ORAS with the shaking grass thing to chain a particular mon for egg moves. I can't see paying $42 just for a graphics and mechanics upgrade and not much else (at least ORAS and HGSS were justified by their original GBC/GBA carts being incompatible and the batteries dead).

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remakes

If Game Freak manages to create a remake for the Diamond and Pearl games, here is my idea:

Remake Names: Chrono Diamond and Galactic Pearl

Platform(s): NX and 3DS

Graphical Changes:
- Graphics will run at a smoother frame rate
- Character models, including Pokemon, will be in full 3D; the textures for both the Pokemon and human characters, as well as the environment itself, are updated to be more realistic.
- All of the Pokemon will have an attacking, fainting, and hit animation similar to the XY, ORAS, and Sun/Moon games
- The background animations will be animated similar to the ones in XY, ORAS, and Sun/Moon.
- A Pokemon that has been afflicted with a status effect (poison, paralysis, sleep, burn) will have a unique animation: A Pokemon will have a colored glow to match the status effect inflicted (similar to BW/B2W2), as well as being surrounded by either flames, purple bubbles, or electrical sparks (similar to XY/ORAS) and having its eyes closed when asleep (similar to BW/B2W2/XY/ORAS)

Gameplay Mechanics:
- Like Sun and Moon, the player-controlled character will be able to move in any direction
- On the NX version, similar to Battle Revolution, a graphical effect pertaining to the elemental type of the move the Pokemon used is shown when the HP bar of the opposing Pokemon that got hit by the attack depletes.

New Mega Evolutions
- The following Pokemon will receive their own mega evolution:
Starmie
Tentacruel
Solrock
Lunatone
Magnezone
Porygon-Z
Weavile
Honchkrow
Empoleon
Torterra
Infernape
Klinklang
Chandelure
Volcarona
Golurk
Galvantula
Hydreigon
Goodra
Tyrantrum
Clawitzer
Noivern

Features:

Returning:
- Mega Evolution returns after being absent from Sun and Moon, this time being more balanced out; there will be newer Mega Evolutions.
- The Pokemon cries will still remain the same as they were in X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, and Moon.
- Attack types are still separated as either Physical or Special based on the attack itself.

New:
- A battle tournament similar to the PWT from B2/W2, the Battle Frontier from E/HG/SS, and the Battle Chateau from X/Y.
- The Distortion Episode: A post-game quest that can be accessed after defeating the Sinnoh League twice. The player will have to stop a deranged member of Team Galactic from creating a tear in the Space-time continuum and summoning Giratina.

Last edited:
Back