• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Bootstrap + PC = <3 (Please view on Let's Fly Together!)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
[a id]threadtop[/a id]
Bootstrap: It's time to start making amazing threads.
Wizardry? No. Just Bootstrap.
Bootstrap is a modern front-end UI (user interface) library written in CSS and Javascript. It's being developed and maintained by Twitter. Bootstrap is heavily employed by many websites that you might use today. Luckily for us, PC partially supports Bootstrap! (As in, some styles fully support it, some do partially, while some do not at all.)
I-It's not like I like Bootstrap or anything. I prefer Semantic.
The Good News
The Bad News
Buttons are fun to press. Grids can make your thread look better on all devices. Lots of different components help you quickly organize and beautify your information. This button links to the top of the thread. Go ahead, click it.
Top of thread
We can only use certain features of Bootstrap. And it's only fully supported on a few styles like Let's Fly Together.
Hype level: 9001
Dear Staff: Two steps we can take
1. Add a few more BBCode directives. We can use classes and specify styles for elements, but shouldn't we then be able to do both at the same time? On the same train of thought, it would be nice to allow setting styles and classes for unordered lists and list items. This would increase library coverage from 10% to about 80% (the rest require javascript or other markup), as well as expand the possibilities for threads in general. 2. Make Bootstrap a default asset. This way, threads using Bootstrap can be style-agnostic, so to speak, and everyone can use it.
Thanks for reading through my experiment. I can't wait to see the population of PC take advantage of this and create fantastic and beautiful threads.
Info
Questions?
VM
or
PM
me.
Bootstrap Documentation:
Base
Components
Random Demos
Horizontal Button Groups
Primary
Danger
Warning
Success
Info
Vertical ones too
Primary
Danger
Warning
Success
Info
Wells
Well, well, well.
Alerts
Success!
Warning!
Danger!
Social Buttons
Facebook
Twitter
Google
Brought to you by Synchronous.
Top of thread
Change to Let's Fly Together

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Sooooo, I'm using Let's Fly Together and this is what I see:

Spoiler:

Any ideas what may be causing that?

Akiba

Years
Are you on the Legacy build? You need to be on the new Let's Fly Together for it to work.

It's something I thought about while writing the thread, but I didn't want to be too wordy or possibly insulting.

Akiba

Years
No problem. I spent an hour or two on the thread, even though I should be studying for exams so I'm pretty relieved to see that people like it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Nick, fix Chromatic 2.0 so it works, thanks. Nothing will make me switch from it. NOTHING.

Regardless, this looks really neat, and will make really pretty posts easy to implement. I cannot wait to use it.
I'd rather just develop it post bootstrap incorporation. I'll probably remove it, though, and just have a single Chromatic style using what bootstrap has to offer.

This is something I've wanted to see for a long time.

Back