• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads; A Johto Story (new OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nice :3

And nice first post since the restart of Crossroads, Greiger and Dragon! Can't wait to see how you'll let event #1 play out.

PhoenixSoul

I gain strength from my ashes
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Sorry for being late with my first post but I was in the hospital for the last week and couldn't get to an internet connection. Now I'm back home so I shouldn't have any trouble posting. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That's great, Phoenix! The RP steady moves on :3

Now I'm just kind of wondering where Naku is.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Now I'm just kind of wondering where Naku is.

being really busy with school and play auditions and rehearsal and the IB program and taking the weekend to forgo the interwebz and relax because omg life! I just have to finish the bit I have written it shouldn't take too long

and you're a Doctor again oh my

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
being really busy with school and play auditions and rehearsal and the IB program and taking the weekend to forgo the interwebz and relax because omg life! I just have to finish the bit I have written it shouldn't take too long

and you're a Doctor again oh my
I really hope so, because if you are too busy to participate in CR I'd appreciate if you admitted that and stepped down instead. This RP seems to move slowly in the IC sometimes because JPs are formed steadily on the side. But if you are meant to solopost, you don't have that excuse :p

Nakuzami

Years
Okay! I originally planned for my initial post to be about twice as long as it is, but I decided to post what I have so far just to show that I actually am doing things. :x

I really hope so, because if you are too busy to participate in CR I'd appreciate if you admitted that and stepped down instead. This RP seems to move slowly in the IC sometimes because JPs are formed steadily on the side. But if you are meant to solopost, you don't have that excuse :p

It's just that, hey, Junior year of high school, which is normally annoyingly busy, but pile the IB program on top of it (which is basically an overpacked schedule full of intense classes that dish out a lot of work) and the fall play and home life and just trying not to go all rawr and just

It's not that I'm too busy, it's just that I'm still adjusting to things and right now I'm not exactly sure how busy I'll normally be. For example, tomorrow I'll be leaving for school at seven in the morning, and I won't be getting home until nine in the evening because I have play rehearsal right after school, the IB pinning ceremony immediately after that, and then I have to help out with Open House because I'm supposed to be a good IB student. so yeah I'm still adjusting and some days are pretty bad but I'm writing whenever possible :C

edit: my ic css might be a bit buggy (it just has been lately?) so I'll fix that later but for now bedtime

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Don't make excuses, make posts! :)

Rai and Alby are working on a JP, Greigs and Dragon as well I think. Are Naku and Phoenix still on for a joint post or does anyone want to meet up with Aberdeen and Christina, maybe? We're pretty much just loafing around getting some levels and character growth in anyways, since we're done with our event.

I could also give some ideas and stuff for a JP or event in case anyone feels lost :3

PhoenixSoul

I gain strength from my ashes
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Well since Naku is very busy in RL I doubt we can get down to writing a joint post so I'll carry on with event 2 alone since everyone else is interested int he other ones. I think I'll have it done by tomorrow the latest. :D

PS: Doctor do we have to keep track of our leveling or do you give us the levels at the end of the chapter?

Nakuzami

Years
Don't make excuses, make posts! :)

I did and I'm trying! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ ┻━┻

@Pheonix: If you want (and haven't already started/finished your post) to set up an etherpad, I can try and fit in a JP tomorrow or whenever is convenient for you. It'd just be after ~5:30 EST 'cause play rehearsal. (I also have to write the second half of my "intro" post, but I can do that simultaneously)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well since Naku is very busy in RL I doubt we can get down to writing a joint post so I'll carry on with event 2 alone since everyone else is interested int he other ones. I think I'll have it done by tomorrow the latest. :D

PS: Doctor do we have to keep track of our leveling or do you give us the levels at the end of the chapter?
I give out levels when you habe completed and event and then for extra stuff after that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Really nice post, Greiger and Dragon! I just gotta ask - since Alby and Rai were doing Event 1 as well, didn't we say that you guys would only spot Lugia but that it would return to its deep waters afterwards instead of escaping? Otherwise there's no Lugia there for Alby and Rai to find, you know... Unless you guys have somehow talked and decided to do another event or something :3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Heh, that's right, yeah, I can edit it a bit cause I thought that it was where they would meet it when it flew out. My bad memory failed me here.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Or just ask Rai and Albs if that works with them ^^ I don't mind, I just pointed it out.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hayyy PhoenixSoul and Nakuzami - are you still interested in this? The others I talk to on Skype now and then so I know that they are working on posts or waiting for others. But I hear nearly nothing from you. Do neither of you still want to do a JP? That's the most fun thing in this RP :3

Raikiri, Sir Bastian, Greiger, Dragon, Carnivrnie chshj ALBY, I know where u at but Phoenix and Naku, I'd appreciate hearing from you soon. Otherwise you risk being booted for inactivity.

Nakuzami

Years
I'm still around, but I haven't really been on Skype lately. Yes I still have interest in this. Also, even when I don't really get on the computer, I typically at least check into PC to see if I have any notifications so VM whenever you need me. :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm still around, but I haven't really been on Skype lately. Yes I still have interest in this. Also, even when I don't really get on the computer, I typically at least check into PC to see if I have any notifications so VM whenever you need me. :3
Well, have you finished your Union Cave event yet? You have a warning now. Either start JPing with someone so that I know that you are working on something like everyone else is currently, or solo post again. Because you have been inactive IC for a month now and I haven't heard of any JP progress involving you.

PhoenixSoul hasn't been on PC for 20 days and hasn't given me a reason for that, so they are out of the RP now.

Edit: unless Naku gives me a good reason for why he wants to still be in, he's out as well now. No offense, buddy :3 but if you want to RP, RP.

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Okay so after some thought I've decided to go ahead and re-apply my old character. (Don't kill me!) :3

I know Sarah wasn't the most interesting character in the world but at the same time I didn't really RP very much with her so not much was shown. I just really enjoyed RP'ing AS her. I'd think it such a shame to just drop her all together.

I still have to get in touch with Rika regarding my pokémon. Also bear in mind this is pretty much straight copy paste. If there's anything that needs changing, I'll gladly change it.

Name: Sarah Walter
Starter: ??

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Family: Sarah lives in a quaint little house in the town of Cherrygrove City with her mother, father and her younger brother. Her mother works in the towns Pokémon mart whilst her father is not present a lot of the time as he himself is off on his own Pokémon journey. Her little brother is five years younger than Sarah and is not quite ready for his own journey just yet.

Sarah was introduced to the concept of being a Pokémon trainer by her father whenever she was old enough to understand how Pokémon worked. He guided her as much as he could before ultimately leaving the decision in her hands. She finally decided to follow in her father's footsteps and become a trainer like him.

Goals and interests: Sarah loves the outdoors and as such she can usually be found resting in a forest or a grassland, quietly relaxing and listening to the sounds of nature around her. She also likes to go for a quick swim should the opportunity arise and she also has a strange fondness for climbing trees. Whilst all this may seem very tomboy-ish, Sarah is far from being a tomboy. Granted she may climb trees and lay down relaxing in a forest but she prefers to think of herself as more feminine than boyish.

Sarah's ultimate goal is to make her family proud, mainly her father. She believes that in order to do that, she must defeat all the gym leaders. Earning all the badges in the region would surely make her father proud of what she had achieved. However beating all the gym leaders isn't Sarah's only goal, along this journey she wishes to befriend many Pokémon, perhaps even turning some of them into her friends which she'll carry along with her as she continues on her journey. Sarah's father taught her that Pokémon are friends and must always be treated that way and that no trainer should ever deliberately hurt their Pokémon. She is not going to let her father or herself down by betraying his words. She wants her family to be proud of what she's achieved, not ashamed of what she's become.

Rival: Whilst one may believe that Sarah's rival is indeed her father, Sarah views her father as more of a mentor rather than someone she's trying to compare herself to. She knows that her father is a much better trainer and possibly always will be so she decided to make her father proud by collecting all the badges as opposed to trying to defeat him in a battle.

Sarah's real rival is her childhood friend Sam. This rivalry is more of a friendly rivalry rather than an aggressive one. Ever since they were kids, Sarah and Sam would constantly try to outdo each other in school by always trying to achieve a higher mark in tests than the other person. Sam is two years older than Sarah and as such, he left on his Pokémon journey over a year ago, leaving Sarah by herself.

Sarah doesn't exactly know where Sam is right now but she knows he's out there, and now that Sarah has left on her journey it's a perfect opportunity to start trying to outdo the other person once more.

Strengths: Sarah's main strength is her fiery passion for battle. She believes that her father's expertise in training and battling was passed down to her and that's how she developed a love for Pokémon. She can be quick and sharp in the heat of battle, focusing all her attention on the task at hand. However whenever Sarah isn't in a battle, she can be a joy to be around, with her bubbly, jolly personality she always tries to bring out the best in people. Sarah cares greatly for her friends, family and her Pokémon. She will always try to protect them if she feels that danger is lurking just around the corner. She also dislikes making enemies and will always make an effort to become friends with someone that she meets. If an argument does occur between Sarah and someone else, she can't hold a grudge for very long and is generally the first person to apologise.

Sarah is in good shape for a fifteen year old, perhaps even a little more than the average person that age. Her love of the outdoors added with her fondness for climbing trees has given her a good physical form, allowing her to battle and travel for longer.

Weaknesses: Sarah's greatest fear of all is heights. Because of this Sarah will always try to cross a bridge or a similar high up structure by staying in the middle of it, well away from the railings. If Sarah does manage to catch a glimpse of high up she is, Sarah will start to feel dizzy and nauseated and above all else she will start to panic quite badly. Whilst she likes to climb trees, she will often asses how big the tree is to decide if or not to climb it.

Another weakness of Sarah's is strangely one of her strengths, her passion for battle. Due to her total commitment in a battle and blocking out outside distractions she can sometimes make foolish decisions such as attacking a much stronger Pokémon with her considerably weaker Pokémon.

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:

Nakuzami

Years
Edit: unless Naku gives me a good reason for why he wants to still be in, he's out as well now. No offense, buddy :3 but if you want to RP, RP.

Ahaha, okay. It's probably best, since right now I'm in the middle of Junior year and it's literally the mOST STRESSFUL THING. Last week I had to find a way to concentrate on homework to improve my grades and avoid getting removed from the school play. Now that's in two weeks, I don't feel ready; I have to somehow get ready for Halloween; I need to get my permit; prepare for the ACT and SAT; perhaps find a job; and somehow find a way to balance homework (which includes a new project practically every other day), social thingies, and time to relax to avoid exploding.

I'd honestly love to stay in this—I want nothing more than to journey RP again, not to mention I'm enjoying Tryphosa as a character—but finding a good amount of time to balance it isn't easy. And it kind of just feels like another deadline hanging over my head, which is not how you want to feel when RPing.

So with that, I bid you ado. I'm probably only going to be popping onto PC every now and then for a while, but good luck with this.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ahaha, okay. It's probably best, since right now I'm in the middle of Junior year and it's literally the mOST STRESSFUL THING. Last week I had to find a way to concentrate on homework to improve my grades and avoid getting removed from the school play. Now that's in two weeks, I don't feel ready; I have to somehow get ready for Halloween; I need to get my permit; prepare for the ACT and SAT; perhaps find a job; and somehow find a way to balance homework (which includes a new project practically every other day), social thingies, and time to relax to avoid exploding.

I'd honestly love to stay in this—I want nothing more than to journey RP again, not to mention I'm enjoying Tryphosa as a character—but finding a good amount of time to balance it isn't easy. And it kind of just feels like another deadline hanging over my head, which is not how you want to feel when RPing.

So with that, I bid you ado. I'm probably only going to be popping onto PC every now and then for a while, but good luck with this.
Hit me up with a message if things calm down in the future :3 I wish you good luck - don't stress yourself to bits!

Wooly, I'll get to you when I'm off work (or get a load of waiting time ;))

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, maybe I should say this officially. WooliestSteam is accepted with Sarah! I'll put up levels for your team soonish.

Also CHAPTER 7 is now up! Good riddance, cave

Back