• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Voyage Grandeur

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So what's the plan now, just make our way to Lumiose City and wait for further hints/instructions by Plume? Can we encounter any trainers and wild pokémon we like along the way? I mean, the pokémon usually found on the route in the games.

Plume

feather bearer
Years
So what's the plan now, just make our way to Lumiose City and wait for further hints/instructions by Plume? Can we encounter any trainers and wild pokémon we like along the way? I mean, the pokémon usually found on the route in the games.

As of the plan right now: head to Lumiose and speak with the Professor.

Encountering trainers and wild Pokémon is completely fine. After our character meet in Lumiose, I plan to have some mention of Grimoire to the group, and see how it branches out from there.

Glyph Reader

Holder of the Seven Glyphs
Years

Encountering trainers and wild Pokémon is completely fine. After our character meet in Lumiose, I plan to have some mention of Grimoire to the group, and see how it branches out from there.

What about meeting each other? Since me and Tokio are going on the same route, could we arrange an interaction or sorts? If so, then...

Tokio, I would like to run into you on route 13. We can talk about this (if Plume is fine with it, of course).

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
One thing is sure... My character is sleeping and then the Assistant will ask him to go look for you...

doge

???
Years

Hey Plume. I think to avoid any future confusion there should be an IC post specifically for each sort of chapter/section of the roleplay. And in that post it'd be awesome if there were instructions or a set of guidelines of what we can and cannot do for that specific chapter, or even a layout of what you want us to do in that chapter. Also, with each route our characters have to travel, there could be a list of pokemon that are available for capture there, just so none of us go overboard and start finding pokemon randomizer style.

Like in this chapter/section, where we're starting to head off to meet Sycamore, I wasn't quite sure where we should have started, although I just assumed we were suppose to start off in Coumarine, since it was the only city mentioned in the plot. It seems some other people are confused as well, and I think it could be easily solved by just having some guidelines to follow off of. Of course, it doesn't have to be anything rigid, just something for us to go off of.

Anyways, these are just suggestions that I think would help everyone out! If you were planning on doing these things already just ignore me lol

Plume

feather bearer
Years
Hey Plume. I think to avoid any future confusion there should be an IC post specifically for each sort of chapter/section of the roleplay. And in that post it'd be awesome if there were instructions or a set of guidelines of what we can and cannot do for that specific chapter, or even a layout of what you want us to do in that chapter. Also, with each route our characters have to travel, there could be a list of pokemon that are available for capture there, just so none of us go overboard and start finding pokemon randomizer style.

Like in this chapter/section, where we're starting to head off to meet Sycamore, I wasn't quite sure where we should have started, although I just assumed we were suppose to start off in Coumarine, since it was the only city mentioned in the plot. It seems some other people are confused as well, and I think it could be easily solved by just having some guidelines to follow off of. Of course, it doesn't have to be anything rigid, just something for us to go off of.

Anyways, these are just suggestions that I think would help everyone out! If you were planning on doing these things already just ignore me lol

Okay, so maybe I should explain a bit. When I first started the OOC thread for this roleplay, I planned for about... 3-4 people to join in. Just a small group of friends to go on an adventure with, sort of emulating Calem/Serena, Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor. (We would start off as a group of friends living in Coumarine). Thus, I plotted to make it a simple yet intriguing storyline, rather than a big, complicated storyline for a surplus of characters to join into. If I could delete the thread and start once more, I would, but this thread mostly contains discussion and among other things, valuable information to build off of if I ever make an improved version of said roleplay.

With that said, the idea of an improved version of this roleplay would drastically improve many aspects of it. begins writing voyage grandeur 2.0 If you'd truly like, I can do such a thing, or I may ask for the current IC thread to be scrapped and prepare a more organized and layed-out IC thread for the first "chapter", meeting Sycamore.

I'm already focused on writing a draft for an improved version of Voyage Grandeur, this time to fit the amount of characters currently participating and to provide a chance for people to revise everything they feel is lacking. It'll also provide me with a way to organize and set a common goal among our characters, "tying" them together, so-to-speak.

All in all, Voyage Grandeur 2.0 is quite feasible, but I wouldn't mind just building off of what we have now.

doge

???
Years
All in all, Voyage Grandeur 2.0 is quite feasible, but I wouldn't mind just building off of what we have now.

I don't think there's any need to scrap the IC thread :o
I mean there doesn't need to be anything complicated with our meeting Sycamore, and I actually like the simplicity of what we have going on at the moment. I was just thinking of the suggestions as something that could be done in the future of the roleplay just so we know what to do with our characters. :) I'd very much like to build off of what we have so far.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
If you want a small RP, don't accept a large number of people :) I'm perfectly fine with keeping things simple. Do what you feel is best.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
In fact... Gelius leaves the lab and find bullies and battles them... Tell me if this is ok but on this battle i think Beldum should keep on lvl 5.

Yet Aria can find me there when Gelius returns.

Last edited:

Glyph Reader

Years
What about meeting each other? Since me and Tokio are going on the same route, could we arrange an interaction or sorts? If so, then...

Tokio, I would like to run into you on route 13. We can talk about this (if Plume is fine with it, of course).

For now, I will assume that I have not bumped into you on the road so that I can post again. If you want to do something, just let me know.

Years
Heh, sorry I wasn't able to respond, Glyph - Timezones and all that. Yeah, that's fine. As Raph is planning to just tail someone he sees in Route 13, he'll probably spot Donna at the end of my next post which I'll throw up after yours.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I hope I mentioned that I'm mostly without Internet and computer this weekend. If not, I've mentioned it now! Posting tomorrow earliest.

Glyph Reader

Years
So, Tokio --- how are we going to the exchange? Some ideas:

1.) We make separate posts that do not take control of both character.
Pro: Possibly easier, would go fast
Con: Could be difficult to make detail for, and could make for short posts​
2.) We make one post with an agreed upon dialog and actions.
Pro: Would make for longer, more concise post(s)
Con: Could take time to create, possibly difficult to work together?​

At the moment, I really like option 2 --- if only for a better flow. If we agree upon option 2, we can use Etherpad to write it out. There is also the matter of who would post it, as well as the formatting of the actual post.

Of course, theses are just ideas. Looking through your previous posts, I came to the conclusion that you most likely have more experience with RPing on these boards then me, so I trust your opinion slightly more then mine. {XD}

Years
Hah, I've been back-and-forth - I've been on here a little while, but when RPs I was in died down I'd usually take a pretty long break until the urge for Pokemon RPing hit me again. Lately I've been doing instant/chat RP, so I think option 2 would be best. I'm downloading Etherpad now.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Well My character is on Route 4 because waiting at the lab is not cool... Well i will wait for everyone.

Back