• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
noooooooooooooooooo not my geodude :( :( :( congrats nevertheless :( :( :(

ive got a few trades going , im trading eeevee for spiritomb and rotom right now XP maybe ill hatch one :(
Whaddya mean, yours? You never had a shiny Geodude, did you? I wouldn't really call it all that an exciting target, either. If you really want one, they're all over Sinnoh, so you shouldn't have any problems finding one.

Oh, yeah, MM, I decided on hunting for a shiny Drifloon as soon as the shiny sprites for D/P were released. In fact, I've decided on most, if not, ALL of my future targets.
So did I. Right back when Bulbagarden extracted all the sprites, I went through and found all the shinies I really liked.

When you save in front of Drifloon and the day rolls over, does it stay until you leave the route? It'd be quite annoying to only have a few hours each week to reset for it, and I'm not keen on "time travelling." I wouldn't call it cheating, ban it from the club, or anything, but it's still not quite right.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
So did I. Right back when Bulbagarden extracted all the sprites, I went through and found all the shinies I really liked.
Uh, great minds think alike?

MetalMario said:
When you save in front of Drifloon and the day rolls over, does it stay until you leave the route? It'd be quite annoying to only have a few hours each week to reset for it, and I'm not keen on "time travelling." I wouldn't call it cheating, ban it from the club, or anything, but it's still not quite right.

Yes, it will stay there. As long as you don't leave the route, Drifloon will be there forever.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Congrats MM, I look forward to the video, but for the love of all that is good, no My Chemical Romance XD

Our phone line is down for some odd reason so i can only get online for a couple of minutes without it messing up which is rather annoying, so I'm playing Emerald/Twilight Princess quite a bit. I really want a new shiny, its been ages since Raticate D:

14 Chimecho's

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Today I'll hunt in Victory Road in my Emerald to compensate for that Hariyama I accidentally ran from. And I have transferred my Master Ball from my Sapphire file over. So this time, no shinies will escape. MWAHAHAHA!

Oh and congrats on Geo, MM. And a naughty nature too? Lucky thing...

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
anyone got a 4th gen shiny here?
goin through the game hopin i dont get a shiny geodude like MM
but i passed that part so i should be safe from geodudes

aye do u guys count shinys aquired from trades here? in the cards and stuff

Last edited:

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Hey, don't diss the Geodude. I think MM could use this thing on his Wifi battle team with a bit of careful timing. Can anyone say "Rock-Polishing Golem?" wink, wink.

Anyway when I get Pearl my first shiny target will probably be Shieldon, but there may be others depending on how things go.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
when I beat the game ill start officaly hunting shiny pokemon lol I think im the only person here who doesnt care if its not a 4th gen shiny ... moreso im probly the only one ehre whos frst hunts will be previous gen shinnies XP what can i say Im unique .

but even with MMs geodude the invisable race to get a 4th gen shiny is still on so gl to you all (for since im not actively hunting prolly wont be me who gets it >.>)

XxXRiho

Unbe-frilling-leivable.
Years
when I beat the game ill start officaly hunting shiny pokemon lol I think im the only person here who doesnt care if its not a 4th gen shiny ... moreso im probly the only one ehre whos frst hunts will be previous gen shinnies XP what can i say Im unique .

K...Love you and everything....but um no. LOL. ::ahem:: ABRA & NINETAILS. Um....Helluuuu. I want an Abra and a Ninetales -Not new pokemon- thank you very much...XP So ....THERE. *sticks tongue out* hehe.

EDIT: Congrats, MM!!!! Thats awesome. :)

<3

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Hello! May I join this club? I only have 2 shinies but I plan on getting more ;D

So may I please join? ^__^

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hey, don't diss the Geodude. I think MM could use this thing on his Wifi battle team with a bit of careful timing. Can anyone say "Rock-Polishing Golem?" wink, wink.
No offense meant, but that wouldn't work too well. You'd have to invest way too many EVs to speed in order to outrun anything that's fast, and the fact that MM's shiny Geodude probably doesn't have flawless Speed in the first place makes it worse. Even if you got the Speed boost, you wouldn't be OHKOing things that counter you (like Quagsire, at least in UU) because 110 Base Attack isn't really enough to sweep with right off the bat. You need to boost it somehow. If I wanted my Golem to "sweep" I'd just use a CBer. I'm not saying it's a bad strategy though.

shido said:
but even with MMs geodude the invisable race to get a 4th gen shiny is still on so gl to you all (for since im not actively hunting prolly wont be me who gets it >.>)
Knowing how lucky you are, you're probably going to get a wild shiny without even trying! Either that, or no one will get another shiny until you start hunting, and shortly after you start hunting, you'll get the shiny you want.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Who me? I have a shiny Venomoth and a shiny Zubat (I play on evolving him into Crobat ;D). Not too impresive but it's a start :3

I almost caught a shiny Swablu once but I accidentally made it faint ;;

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Please direct your attention at my sig. :( :( :(

StarlyShiny.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/Fufu3000/StarlyShiny.jpg

NOOOO. I knew it was shiny as it scrolled across the screen. GAHAHAKHGDKLHDFS:LKGHDSG:SLDKHGS why me? All I wanted was a shiny Chimchar! :( This is my "first" D/P shiny, too, I'm now mentally scarred.

I would've posted this long ago, but I couldn't get on; there was some sort of Database Error. This place is starting to go down as much as Serebii.

*sighs*
I'm going to use this is as a form of motivation. Wish me luck with Chimchar.

Oh, and I WOULD take pics of shiny Scyther, Dratini, Torchic, and Registeel, but it takes really long to take the pics, download, upload, etc., so I won't do it right now. And I want to soft reset more. Furthermore, I took this pic on my camera phone (I got my phone about a week ago) while the pics that I've already taken of the aformentioned shinies (excluding Starly) are on the digital camera.

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
OMFG WOOOOOOOWWWWW FUFU I WOULD DIE XP srry about that well least you saw a shiny 4th gen now XP

sh you get your friend code in the first gym town

gl to everyone im curruntly going for my fifth badge . in a few days i should be getting pearl and ill have to repeat the process all over again XD . I wont start really hunting untill i finsh both versions but hopefully like you said fufu ill get lucky XP

Years
I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Fufu on this one. Golem just doesn't have the speed of Metagross to be able to pull off an "agility sweep" set. I'll still think of something and it'll be pretty awesome!

Please direct your attention at my sig. :( :( :(

StarlyShiny.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/Fufu3000/StarlyShiny.jpg

NOOOO. I knew it was shiny as it scrolled across the screen. GAHAHAKHGDKLHDFS:LKGHDSG:SLDKHGS why me? All I wanted was a shiny Chimchar! :( This is my "first" D/P shiny, too, I'm now mentally scarred.

I would've posted this long ago, but I couldn't get on; there was some sort of Database Error. This place is starting to go down as much as Serebii.

*sighs*
I'm going to use this is as a form of motivation. Wish me luck with Chimchar.
Knowing your luck, this means you're going to see seven more shiny Starlies in short succession, followed by your Chimchar. ;) (Of course, this won't be the case if I'm right and they fixed the RNG for D/P.) Keep at it. At least it's a sign that shinies aren't extinct on your game. Case study: my Emerald. 20,000 Treeckos, not one unobtainable shiny Zigzagoon, and now I'm failing with shiny Beldum. 6450 Beldums BTW; 350 of which I've done since getting Diamond. ;)

Oh, and now that it's past Midnight, Drifloon's stopped by to say hello and I've saved in front of him. ;) I pawned a regular one off the GTS earlier to power up the Repeat Ball. Quick Balls usually work if thrown right off, and the Quick Ball matches shiny Drifblim nicely. ;)

Years
Haha, you're funny, MM. ;)

So, is it true that you need at least three badges to soft reset for a shiny Drifblim?

Edit: Do you plan on hunting for Drifblim for a while?
I don't know about that. (You need at least one to so much as get to the Valley Windworks, anyway.) Drifloon's Lv 22, so it's possible. I doubt they'd knowingly risk pitting your Lv 10 team against it. The trick is, I'd like a Modest/Synchronizer + a False Swiper. (I've got the TM, but no one in my party can learn it. -.-) Maybe I'll get back to breeding Skorupis and use one of them.

I usually beat the E4 and get a good talent base of wild Pokémon catchers before hunting for shinies, so I might just get back to the game and do Drifloon next week.

Back