• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen DeepSeaScale or DeepSeaTooth?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
367.png
366.png
368.png
In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, upon completing a side quest for Captain Stern, the player is given a choice between a DeepSeaScale and a DeepSeaTooth. They evolve Clamperl when traded into Gorebyss and Huntail respectively. Did you ever complete this side quest? Which item did you choose and why? Which do you like better, Gorebyss or Huntail? Do you regret your decision?

Discuss!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I usually don't bother getting the prize after I get the Scanner. I want it all to myself. But no really, I just get the one I need more. I do prefer Gorebyss to Huntail though, while we're here. Clamperl though. Man. This guy. Give him either of those items and take him to the E4. I'm not kidding, he can beast. I had to use him unevolved once. THIS GUY. Nobody messes with Clamperl.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I remember completing it and getting myself a DeepSeaScale. At the time I didn't know the difference, so I just chose at random. Gorebyss turned out to be my 4th favourite Pokémon and the one in my Ruby is the most precious Pokémon I own. I certainly don't regret my decision.

Years
I don't think I've done the quest but if I was going to it would be DeepSeaScale for Gorebyss cause I really like the design and would like to use one in-game sometime :)

Years
I actually never bothered using the DeepSeaScale or Tooth, but I did end up picking Tooth out of the two. I much preferred Huntail's aggressive design, and decided if I ever got around to it, I'd rather have it than Gorebyss.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I picked the Tooth and got a Huntail, but I don't remember anything about my experience with it. I remember it got Baton Pass, but there was nothing to use with it.

Years
Gorebyss because he just had that awesome look and his speed helped me beat my friend. Never got around to fully working with it because at the time the girlfriend I had threw my GBA out the car window.

Back