• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I've personally seen strange registrations using my email address with regard to at least one children-oriented game site and another personals site.

Nuked both accounts.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I kind of like how you can have piecemeal component upgrades in Windows Phone 8. My phone just received an update for its touchscreen drivers (driving?) and now I can turn off haptic feedback when I press any capacitive button.

After trying it out for a while, though, I got weirded out and reset the setting.

I kind of like how you can have piecemeal component upgrades in Windows Phone 8. My phone just received an update for its touchscreen drivers (driving?) and now I can turn off haptic feedback when I press any capacitive button.

After trying it out for a while, though, I got weirded out and reset the setting.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I only have haptic feedback on my keyboard, but even then it's very minimal. Maybe 10ms? I'm not sure off the top of my head. My tablet doesn't have a vibrator and I tend to type OK on it.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
So, my shiny new earbuds and my 32 GB USB 3 flash drive came in the mail today. ATM I'm transfering all 39,000 files from my old USB 2 drive onto my new one, and I can finally hear good bass again. <3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I prefer comfy headphones. I'm actually surprised that a set of over-ear cana can sound so nice and stay comfy after all these bad past experiences. (I use a Sennheiser HD 439 at home.)

Also, once you go USB 3, you don't go back. ;)

Years
Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in the world of USB 2.0 because of how hold my systems are.. but my USB external hard drive is USB 3.0-compatible. Can't wait to get my next laptop, because I'm definitely sure that it will have USB 3.0 ports :P

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in the world of USB 2.0 because of how hold my systems are.. but my USB external hard drive is USB 3.0-compatible. Can't wait to get my next laptop, because I'm definitely sure that it will have USB 3.0 ports :P

...I think I forgot to ask about your future laptop. What do you want in your next laptop?

Years
...I think I forgot to ask about your future laptop. What do you want in your next laptop?
Hmm, at least either an i3 or an i5 processor, more than 4G of RAM, and good graphics (not sure with laptops' graphics lmao).. and touch screen is optional, but it'd be good to have one of those! And something that's not HP.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm, at least either an i3 or an i5 processor, more than 4G of RAM, and good graphics (not sure with laptops' graphics lmao).. and touch screen is optional, but it'd be good to have one of those! And something that's not HP.

Cool. What about your expected budget?

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Funny, I'm shopping around for a laptop with pretty much those exact specs. i3, i5 or AMD equivalent, 4GB+, 750GB+ HDD. Idc about graphics though, it isn't for gaming. :P

budget is around $600 but I can stretch a little if needed. Don't care about what OS it comes with, going to put Ubuntu on it right away.

Years
Cool. What about your expected budget?
Unsure.. but if I had to say, somewhere between $500-$700 USD. Oh, and something between 750GB and 1TB for HDD space, SSHD or HDD preferred.

Funny, I'm shopping around for a laptop with pretty much those exact specs. i3, i5 or AMD equivalent, 4GB+, 750GB+ HDD. Idc about graphics though, it isn't for gaming. :P
Yeah, same. I'm not gonna use it for gaming, but just better browsing on-the-go.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
If you're able to find a Best Buy that sells this, demo it in the store, and check whether things work for you. Do the display + keyboard + trackpad test yourself. Comes in just under $699 for the listed configuration, I think. You shouldn't think too much of the amount of memory shipped in a PC as long as there's at least 4 GB of it. As long as you're not aiming to play Xbox One/PS4 ports or Company of Heroes 2, you should be fine for the most part. (If not, you want a not-Ultrabook.)

(Don't worry if the display has a colour tint; as long as it's bright enough for your needs, you can always calibrate it later using Windows' own tools.)

(ULTRABOOK!)

Last edited:
Years
I'm definitely going to be looking at a laptop hopefully tomorrow.. after all, more than 4 years should be enough of a reason for me to upgrade. On the other hand though, my brother essentially mouthed me off for wanting to get a laptop when I already have a tablet, with a keyboard nonetheless. Last time I checked though, a laptop and a tablet were two totally different things..

Years
If you're going towards computer science major, just get the best laptop you can use without overpaying so you can use it through the university years.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Something tells me that I'll barely get by with my current laptop if the course is of any indication.

*hopes he doesn't suddenly have to deal with really high-complexity 3D scenes*

Years
Looks like double posting glitch has invaded the Tech DCC too.

Really happy with the current project for computer science, I finished much earlier than I had anticipated so I got some free time to study for other classes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back