• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, I said something like this a couple of pages back. I don't want to do challenges where I can beat the whole thing with like 1-2 Pokemon. That's too easy. I like the Nuzlocke because it takes more planning, and a more balanced team sort of. That's also why I like the Favorite Challenge, and will like the stock market thing when it comes out.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The stock market challenge is approved. Unless you're talking about that weird cluster mess of a challenge that redsaber posted. It honestly made no sense. I even sent it to smods to see if they understood, and they didn't get it lolol.

I like the favorite challenge too, since it allows me to use what I like, plus I get to choose my team, but at the same time, I don't. If you know the rules, you'll know what I mean. And random challenges are good too. I'm all about using Pokemon I might not normally choose.

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
The stock market challenge is approved. Unless you're talking about that weird cluster mess of a challenge that redsaber posted. It honestly made no sense. I even sent it to smods to see if they understood, and they didn't get it lolol.

I like the favorite challenge too, since it allows me to use what I like, plus I get to choose my team, but at the same time, I don't. If you know the rules, you'll know what I mean. And random challenges are good too. I'm all about using Pokemon I might not normally choose.
:p

Thats why we're beta testing the challenge Syd, when testing is over we will submit it and it will not be a mess, it will be perfect

And, I've got an idea, Sydian, is there already a multi-challenge thread?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Thats why we're beta testing the challenge Syd, when testing is over we will submit it and it will not be a mess, it will be perfect

I don't see why it has to be such a big deal, really. It's not like...some huge school project or something that's gonna change the world. But okay. If you say so.

And, I've got an idea, Sydian, is there already a multi-challenge thread?

Elaborate?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's why the threads for each challenge are there in the first place? Why would you need a multi-challenge thread? That's pointless.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Then you add the option to the Nuzlocke challenge. There's already main threads for the most common challenges to avoid clutter. Now, why would there have to be a separate thread that just merges two challenge ideas together, when one of the challenges has a main thread? It's easily added as an option on the first post after talking to the person running it. Either that, just play it on your own at home without having to worry about posting updates. Simple fix and reduces spam.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
@redsaber5859 you could just post that in my thread and specify the rules your using so other people might want to play it too, and everything stays in one thread ^_^.

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
I have 2 ideas!!

First,the Monotypecombo!
In Monotypecombo,you may only use Pokemon of a certain type combo eg for a Normal/Flying run,you can use Pidgey,Farfetch'd,Chatot,Noctowl,Togetic,Taillow because they are both Normal/Flying but NOT Bibarel or Gyarados.Because Bibarel and Gyarados don't have both types in the type combo you may not use them.
Also if there are reverse type combos eg Ice/Water and Water/Ice you may use both for a Water/Ice run.
Also if you are doing a Water/Flying run you can ue a Magikarp as long as you evolve it ASAP.Same for other combos

Secondly,the TM,HM run!
You may only use TMs and HMs you have taught to your Pokemon.If it doesn't know a TM or HM move,you can't use it.Challenge starts when you get your first TM/HM.Also you cannot use TM/HM moves learned by level up but you can use ones learned by TM eg a Seaking cannot learn Waterfall at LV 40 but it can learn it by HM.

I hope you like my ideas!

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
Impossible, they cannot affect ghost types until Gen IV

Are you overlooking Struggle?

Also I have another idea!

The MonoMoveType challenge! You can only use moves of a certain type.You CANNOT use types certain types are immune to.However you may use any Pokemon apart from legendaries(Maybe Ubers too) that know a move of your type. You may train up pokemon that don't know a move of your type as long as your Pokemon learns a move of your type ASAP.

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
Are you overlooking all six Magikarps would faint before putting any Pokemon in red with struggle?

Are you overlooking an item called a Hyper Potion?

Anyway I have some more ideas!

First, the Novelty Challenge! You may only use pokemon that are classified as Novelty pokemon. Heres a link to a list of them http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Novelty_Pokémon
Magikarp, Feebas and Eevee are allowed too,but they must not be evolved.

Secondly,the Unown Challenge! First type 6 random letters for the player name. Then obtain the Unown that correspond to the player name and use them.You may catch as many Unown as you like but only the ones the correspond to the player character's name.

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
Are you overlooking an item called a Hyper Potion?

Anyway I have some more ideas!

First, the Novelty Challenge! You may only use pokemon that are classified as Novelty pokemon. Heres a link to a list of them http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Novelty_Pokémon
Magikarp, Feebas and Eevee are allowed too,but they must not be evolved.

Secondly,the Unown Challenge! First type 6 random letters for the player name. Then obtain the Unown that correspond to the player name and use them.You may catch as many Unown as you like but only the ones the correspond to the player character's name.
Novelty challenge will most likely fail... no offense

But the Unown challenge would be pretty good... if you used a random letter generator on the computer. Its hard to type random on a GB/DS :P

just my two cents

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah guys, that makes plenty of sense. Magikarp will fail, but Unown won't. Okay. If you say so. Caterpie on the other hand...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Of course I'm not joining that challenge. What gave you the idea that I enjoy Unown? Sick.

lmao, but in all serious, I doubt I will. I barely have time for the Favorite challenge. :(

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
Of course I'm not joining that challenge. What gave you the idea that I enjoy Unown? Sick.

lmao, but in all serious, I doubt I will. I barely have time for the Favorite challenge. :(
Your hosting it which adds more :P

Syd likes to use unown, is that challenging enough?

The thread title, now thats how I know you love unown, unless you meant the other definition of "use" (reffering to MSN conversation -_-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back