• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I wonder when we'll get to see some real gameplay? Around May you think?
I don't think we'll have to wait that long before seeing more game play. Usually Pokémon Smash will sometimes air new game footage and when we receive new CoroCoro scans they sometimes recap what's revealed and at times show footage from some of the scans. We'll definitely see more game play before May though, I'm sure.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm seriously hoping for a Pokemon Stadium-like game for it. ;__; Well, I mean, I liked PBR, but, Pokemon Stadium still had an original ~flair~ to it imo.

With Gen 6 being in 3D and having its own Random Battle Match-up. What would be the point in making a new Stadium like game. Most likely they'd not have any Mini games to play, like how PBR was. And having a console story based RPG like Colosseum seems a waste now that we can take the same up to date graphics with us in our pockets/backpack/purses since they will have stories too.

We may have ended the home console Pokemon games in Gen 4 with PBR. Random match up seems to be the main reason why Gen 5 didn't get a stadium like game.

IMO Gen 6 seems to have surpassed the need for stadiums...Pokemon X and Pokemon Y could have built in Stadium like settings too.

Oh when is d next coro coro issue releasing? 15 jan?

Its technically already out, but the owner won't scan anymore pages, possibly due to the lawsuit filed a few years ago with the B/W fiasco. I think its usually on the 15th so we'll get scans sometime soon.

blue

gucci
Years
We'll probably see the next game play around early March, maybe some new info and scans in February but I doubt they would provide us with footage every month until October. They feed us this information gradually not revealing all too much.

blue

gucci
Years
Given the short localisation and the fact that we received the English names for the Starters & Legendaries at the same time, I can imagine any future information will come at the same rate.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't think we'll have to wait that long before seeing more game play. Usually Pokémon Smash will sometimes air new game footage and when we receive new CoroCoro scans they sometimes recap what's revealed and at times show footage from some of the scans. We'll definitely see more game play before May though, I'm sure.

Smash aired today with no X and Y news at all. They don't seem to have anything for next week either so we'll have to wait for February since that's pretty much all for this month. I mean there is still one other week, but I don't think we'll get any big news then either.

But are there going to be english equivalents to these? Or are we going to only have japonese names for towns and Pokémon again? Not that that is a problem. I was just kind of hoping we wouldn't have to call (insert pokemon name here) haribonuu

Through Coro Coro and Smash, it'll be strictly Japanese. Pokemon.Com will release the English info, should go in tandem with CoroCoro if they plan to release info that way and not strictly through the Nintendo Network/TPC. Other than these medias, it'll be based on what country the news comes from.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
With Gen 6 being in 3D and having its own Random Battle Match-up. What would be the point in making a new Stadium like game. Most likely they'd not have any Mini games to play, like how PBR was. And having a console story based RPG like Colosseum seems a waste now that we can take the same up to date graphics with us in our pockets/backpack/purses since they will have stories too.

We may have ended the home console Pokemon games in Gen 4 with PBR. Random match up seems to be the main reason why Gen 5 didn't get a stadium like game.

IMO Gen 6 seems to have surpassed the need for stadiums...Pokemon X and Pokemon Y could have built in Stadium like settings too.

Its technically already out, but the owner won't scan anymore pages, possibly due to the lawsuit filed a few years ago with the B/W fiasco. I think its usually on the 15th so we'll get scans sometime soon.

Well, yeah, they've mentioned that they were going to prioritize the handheld systems, but still, even if the possibility of a Stadium game is unlikely, I'd also like to see a Gen VI's version of a Pokemon Colosseum spin-off, having a trainer that breaks away from the whole Champion trend. Plus I can only dream!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Smash aired today with no X and Y news at all. They don't seem to have anything for next week either so we'll have to wait for February since that's pretty much all for this month. I mean there is still one other week, but I don't think we'll get any big news then either.
Smash never really does ever reveal much information anyway. At least not on many occasions. I remember those days streaming it during the time HG/SS was announced and they usually recapped on what we already knew. The only real advantage was seeing them play and show some game footage, since you can't see that on a scan of paper.

I'm surprised they didn't say anything about X and Y though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I just realized we should be getting some local news...unless the japanese intend to be the location of first notice for all new news. I guess we're entering that dark period called "Wait" once more.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Still, speculation gets a bit stale without some more information to brighten things up and add to it and potentially rule some things out.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm loving the science-related speculation though; it really pumps me up on the possible pokemon plot here~! Offff course, actual info is always good, but, I'm always up for a sciency-pokemon speculation!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I just realized we should be getting some local news...unless the japanese intend to be the location of first notice for all new news. I guess we're entering that dark period called "Wait" once more.

Since earlier generations, the Japanese usually got the news of new Generations much earlier than everywhere else in the world. However, I think we're bound to get it just as soon as Japanese get it, but then again... we could get it later. I'm not even sure if the game is going to be released on the same day as Japan, knowing that it's going to be released worldwide in October 2013. xD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So with all the legendaries how there, what do you think the trio of this gen going to be? We already got the creator of time, the creator of Pokemon, creator of weather. Do you think these legendaries are going to be more powerful than the previous ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back