• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
So there is nothing I can do to recover the lost space?

#remove will erase any script at the offset you place and turn it back into free space. Just write:

Code:
#remove 0x(offset of script)

save and compile.

Then just use #dynamic again when rewriting to make sure you find a location with enough free space for the rewritten script.

niven

Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
Years
I tested a script, and it's messed up. My game freezes everytime i step on the position of the script box.

here it is:
Spoiler:

I use POKESCRIPT NOT XSE

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Is there a way I can warp like the warphole command, but without the I've-just-fallen-in-a-hole affect? Basically, I want to be able to warp (with the effect of a regular warp) so that I don't have to specify the x,y coordinates of where I want to go, and I warp to the same x,y position (of where I was standing when I warped) on another map.

Any help appreciated.

Trodx

That Guy Behind You
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2012
#remove will erase any script at the offset you place and turn it back into free space. Just write:

Code:
#remove 0x(offset of script)

save and compile.

Then just use #dynamic again when rewriting to make sure you find a location with enough free space for the rewritten script.

you are a god, thanks again

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Is there a way I can warp like the warphole command, but without the I've-just-fallen-in-a-hole affect? Basically, I want to be able to warp (with the effect of a regular warp) so that I don't have to specify the x,y coordinates of where I want to go, and I warp to the same x,y position (of where I was standing when I warped) on another map.

Any help appreciated.
In other words, warp from (X,Y) on Map A to (X,Y) on Map B?

Hm... To the best of my knowledge, the "warp" command doesn't take variables. So what you'd need to do is store the X and Y into variables using getplayerpos, and then use a dynamically-compiled script containing a warp command so that you can "inject" those variables' values into the command. It's a complicated technique (but easy to use, once you wrap your head around it) that one of the links in my sig explains.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Variables over 5000 are unsafe because they overwrite other portions of savedata. And variables under 4000 share RAM with flags.
Oh, my bad, wrong clarification. Variables between 4000 and 5000, then, I guess.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
In other words, warp from (X,Y) on Map A to (X,Y) on Map B?

Hm... To the best of my knowledge, the "warp" command doesn't take variables. So what you'd need to do is store the X and Y into variables using getplayerpos, and then use a dynamically-compiled script containing a warp command so that you can "inject" those variables' values into the command. It's a complicated technique (but easy to use, once you wrap your head around it) that one of the links in my sig explains.

Actually, the warp command does take variables. You'd just need to use getplayerpos and then replace the x and y locations in the warp command (warp, warpmuted, etc) with the variables you used.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Actually, the warp command does take variables. You'd just need to use getplayerpos and then replace the x and y locations in the warp command (warp, warpmuted, etc) with the variables you used.
...Seriously?

Do the bank and map arguments also support variables? Because if so, I can simplify quite a few of my debug scripts...

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
metapod23 said:

Wow! I didn't know you could do that! Thanks metapod23! Worked perfectly.

Although I did notice one difference between using this method and the warphole method (other than the animation). When warping with warphole, the player warps and is still facing the same direction they were facing when they warped. warp + variables, on the other hand, warps the player so that they are facing down, regardless of the starting face direction. This is not anything that I care about in particular...but I just got to wondering if maintaining the face direction is possible with the warp command?

Know anything about this?

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Okay, so I am making a Fire red hack using xse and advance map.
What I am trying to do is to make a mr.briney-ish script. I want two person to go inside a boat, dissapeaer/become invisible, and then the boat drives with the two passangers, when the boat arrives both of the two persons will move outside the boat.

Here is the part of my script where the boat-part is:
Spoiler:

However when it comes to the part when the boat moves, the invisible player and the camera do not move, as a reason the boat drives out of the frame, and soon after the player starts moving and warps to a new map as planned.
I have tried to insert a movecamera-command but without any luck.. the camera didn't even stop moving. annyone knows what I have done wrong?
I would apreciate any help, thanks beforehand :)

oh and if annyone need it, here is the whole script:
Spoiler:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Wow! I didn't know you could do that! Thanks metapod23! Worked perfectly.

Although I did notice one difference between using this method and the warphole method (other than the animation). When warping with warphole, the player warps and is still facing the same direction they were facing when they warped. warp + variables, on the other hand, warps the player so that they are facing down, regardless of the starting face direction. This is not anything that I care about in particular...but I just got to wondering if maintaining the face direction is possible with the warp command?

Know anything about this?

You're welcome. :)

The only way I know to change the player's facing when warped is to use a header, script type 04, and use spriteface to change the way the player is facing based on its x-y position.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I need help the hidepokepic command won't work! FR hacked engine used!
Spoiler:

Wait...
Why did you say "showpokepic" one line, then immediately hide it next line? By that logic it should only flash for a brief half second. I don't use XSE though so, maybe hidepokepic isn't the right command? Or, more likely, you used it wrong.

Years
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question...
where can I download XSE?
I can only find one in the HackMew's Tools Factory, but it is not available right now it seems...and when I go to whack a hack, it provides a Spanish version only but I don't know Spanish.
So where can I get a English XSE?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question...
where can I download XSE?
I can only find one in the HackMew's Tools Factory, but it is not available right now it seems...and when I go to whack a hack, it provides a Spanish version only but I don't know Spanish.
So where can I get a English XSE?

You can download it here.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2012
I've been following a YouTube tutorial on movement, of course, I managed to mess things up when mixing scripts together.
What works is the dialogue. What doesn't work are the movements. The dialogue simply ends at "Come with me to the base."
Game: LeafGreen Type: Person Editor: PKSV Script:
Spoiler:
Screenshots and/or videos: Unable to post video, but this is the script that he has in his description.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ruup20

Gonna splash everybody!
Years
Okay so I tested the script and I walked down the stairs and the game resets. I don't know if it's the script or just the game

Spoiler:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Okay so I tested the script and I walked down the stairs and the game resets. I don't know if it's the script or just the game

Are any of the sprites on the map set to hidden by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back