• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon DiamondDust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Pokémon DiamondDust!
Hack of Ruby

Introduction_____________________________________
I'm .com. Formerly someperson2008. xD. I started this hack in October '08, on FireRed, using Zeikku's rombase. A few months later, I took a break for it, and planned to restart later, which I've done, on Ruby, without using a base. There's still a lot of room for improvement, obviously.

Story____________________________________________
You start off by seeing a news program about the sighting of a red Gyarados, inside your room in the quaint town of Twinleaf, in the Sinnoh region. Your mother tells you that your best friend was looking for you, and you go to see him. She warns you to not go into the tall grass, as you don't have a Pokémon of your own. After you see your friend, you head out to a surrounding lake, Verity, to hopefully catch a sighting of the mysterious Pokémon. To get closer to the lake, you and your friend go into tall grass, hoping to not see any wild Pokémon, then later get attacked....

You get the point. It's basically a premake of Diamond on GBA.

Features__________________________________________
I don't think I would spoil anything, seeing as it's just a premake on D/P, but the new things that are in I don't want to spoil either, like new events. Most of them will be easter eggs along the way, that you will have to look for, but some will be right out in the open.

Status____________________________________________
...as of June 25th, 2009
Restarted last night. Now using mainly Platinum tiles with a mix of some tiles from DP not in Platinum. Here's a little preview.
2wrmdde.png

Once I progress significantly on the tileset, or at least somewhat, I'll post more images.

Screenshots_______________________________________
Note - These are early screenshots and the hack has been restarted since anyways~
Spoiler:

Videos____________________________________________
Spoiler:

Support Banners/Userbars___________________________
1zz6oi0.png

Spoiler:

More to be made soon!

Team_____________________________________________
.com - Creator, Main Mapper, Tiler, Basic Scripting, Some Spriting, Banners
Surf - Main Scripter
NTA - Sprite Indexing/Inserting
Kat (demonparia) - Tester, Part-Time Scripter, Ideas
Faint Brushfire - Mapper, Basic Scriper
Weeble - Alpha Tester, Beta Tester
KOMARU - Alpha Tester
Ian758 - Beta Tester
Mages4ever - Beta Tester
pokemon luver - Beta Tester
goz - Beta Tester
PokemonCrazy - Beta Tester
Sailor Venus - Beta Tester
Step.One.Step.Closer.To.Me - Beta Tester
sasuke1498 - Beta Tester
@13x - Beta Tester
bobthebutler - Beta Tester

Wanted
- Pokémon inserter(basically, anyone who can possibly add all of the fourth generation Pokémon without overwriting existing Pokémon, whichever way that is possible)

EXAMPLE
Name: .com
Job Wanted: Beta tester
Contact: AIM,MSN, Yahoo! screenname, if any. You can put any e-mails too, though it's a lot easier just IMing you LOL
Proof of Work: Put any that you have here. If you don't, no worries, I can't really judge seeing as I'm not a pro at hacking myself.

Releases__________________________________________
None yet.

Thanks for visiting the thread.

Last edited:

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Nice, looks really good.
I see that you are still doing this.
Well good luck

Years
Hmm

Hmm, Im not sure what to say, weather to be happy that there's a remake of
Diamond or Pearl, or to be sad, that there's gonna be another one trying, but
going to quit.. Like all the rest.

Im not wishing bad luck on you or anything, but theres somone called
Zeikku, and he's creating a hack called "Clear Diamond". And sorry to say that
his hack K.O's this hack.

But please don't dissapoint me, because I really do want you to finish this.
And I would like to see some scripts, and more better maps. The ones so far look,
abit bland, empty, and more empty.

Honest Opinion.

Signed:
Flareon

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
Years
It looks great and it will give peoples who don't have d/p a great experience.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Hmm, Im not sure what to say, weather to be happy that there's a remake of
Diamond or Pearl, or to be sad, that there's gonna be another one trying, but
going to quit.. Like all the rest.

Im not wishing bad luck on you or anything, but theres somone called
Zeikku, and he's creating a hack called "Clear Diamond". And sorry to say that
his hack K.O's this hack.

But please don't dissapoint me, because I really do want you to finish this.
And I would like to see some scripts, and more better maps. The ones so far look,
abit bland, empty, and more empty.

Honest Opinion.

Signed:
Flareon
Well, Zeikku's hack isn't actually a premake anymore. Yes, it does have D/P Pokemon and Sinnoh in it, but it has a different storyline involving Silver. And I'm not trying to focus on the tiles too much right now, just the storyline and main map outline. And yes, at the right time I'll add D/P tiles and pallettes. And I don't see how the maps are empty. I'm using the Bulbapedia maps to do them(with a grid generator), so they should at least be somewhat exact to the game

It looks great and it will give peoples who don't have d/p a great experience.
Thanks. Even for people who have played it, it can make it more accessible on a computer. Or if they've only played on a DS rom and don't have a DS, as I've only played on a rom myself, they could play on their GBA if they have a flash card and all.

Years
A new maper

Hay nice hack I love the idea.
BTW I found a tile error in attachments.
Also can i maby be a maper my best map in also in attachments.
click to enlarge also
cddvfgre.th.jpg

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Thats not a tile error, you can see it has a path just before it

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Okay it's looking and sounding good but does this mean that you are quitting Water Blue?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Looks great ~~been looking forward to finished it..good luck then.

Hay nice hack I love the idea.
BTW I found a tile error in attachments.
Also can i maby be a maper my best map in also in attachments.
click to enlarge also
cddvfgre.th.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback.
Thanks for pointing that error out, actually. I was trying to make that map accurate, and I inserted all the other blocks to avoid errors besides those two lol. The screenshot's updated now.

and that second map didn't link to anything. But it looks pretty good from what I can see in the thumbnail.

Thats not a tile error, you can see it has a path just before it
I checked the map and it actually was an error lol. I used the rock from the normal Ruby tileset,for inside the sand, so I made new blocks with the path behind it. It's not a big deal, anyways.

Okay it's looking and sounding good but does this mean that you are quitting Water Blue?
Thanks...and no, I'm not quitting WaterBlue. WaterBlue is just a short term mod pretty much, and it's almost done anyways. Plus, I have like 5 other hacks I'm working on right now, so I wouldn't quit one just because of others.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Update : I just started to insert D/P trees, and other tiles to come later.

--screenshots removed--

I was thinking I should hold it off until later but I might as well in my free time. You can probably tell they still need some work, still. It's only the trees right now. The signs and gates I'll probably start on tomorrow, once I get the trees looking alright. I did the tile and pallette work in the screenshots only on a backup, so it's not final, there can always be changes and all. The sand pallette might need a little work too... Well, anyways, I'm going to bed now. Peace.

Edit: I removed the screenshots because they just looked too horrid imo. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
The trees are not well inserted + the pallettes just look awful.
Well, I hope you can improve. GL!
Yeah, like I said, it still needs work. I did that in like, under 20 minutes I think. I know the pals aren't that great right now, but what do you mean by not well inserted? Like I know they're mostly of flat colors right now and need a lot more detail, but what else besides that?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I haven't posted some updates in awhile, so here's a few.

Well, the scripting has already started, and I finally got decent looking D/P trees and flowers in. I just was rushing on them before and didnt take advantage of the amount of colors in the tree, and tried to cut down on them etc. I also have got the OWs inserted, and some new maps.

ilcb50.png

That's just a small peak. I plan on redoing the thread at some point this week, and updating the screenshots, and adding new ones. The D/P tiles in so far can use some improvement still, but they're fine for now. Anything's better than, erm, this:

118j388.png

As you can see, that's definately a change for the better. I may keep the OWs D/P size though. I prefer them that way, because when the D/P overworlds are in RSE size they look too crunched to me.

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • MN
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Hmm, looks great, its going to be kind of hard to insert all the pokemon don't you think? I will help.. :D

Vladi

Vladi...Mapper/Poke insert
Years
You have no idea how long i've been searching for someone to do premake of D/P.
I was going to do it too but i was kinda busy and i tought that noone will want to help me anyways good luck.

• Angie •

I am Angie hear me r0ar~..xD
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2009
w0w~,, nice hack..
h0pe y0u will finish it als0
g0 g0 g0!!
havE fun hacKing..

-Angie : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back