• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Share your collection

Years
This is my first post, so hopefully I am doing this correctly.
I recently found out that my younger brothers destroyed or sold off my card collection from when I was younger. Devastating..I know! But this got me feeling as if I needed to restart that "collecting" side of me. I started eBaying some basic cards and about 8 months later I have found that I have almost completed all the sets up until the gym sets. Now I have decided maybe I can take this endeavor a bit further and have started collecting the promos that I never could get my hands on as a kid.

So far I have only been seeking out the cards that I have found on the Bulbapedia website that lists all of the unnumbered promos from Japan. I have a few of these that are listed, but it seems as if it is going to be a long process.

Here is a list of what I have collected so far.
The video intro set- unopened
A few of the ANA cards
The diglett and dugtrio cards from the Easily Understand How to Play Pokémon Cards from 1998
The Pikachu collection binder
The bilingual exeggutor sealed in the magazine

I have a ton of the vending series but I think most of them are from series 2 and 3..I haven't looked at what I have yet.

But basically, share with me the rarer cards that you have and maybe how you got them in the first place.

Years
My own personal collection consists mostly of commons, so the ratio of rares to commons is very disproportionate in favor of commons.

My rarest cards, however, are the English Pop Promo Espeon *, Celebi * from Crystal Guardians, 1st Edition Rocket's Moltres from Gym Heroes, Heat Rotom from Rising Rivals (given that the Rotom cards from this set were secret rares), Magneton H18/H32 from Skyridge (a set that's very hard to come by nowadays due to the relatively limited number of people who bought the cards), Shining Celebi from Neo Destiny, a Vending Machine Mewtwo and then several full arts and shiny secret rares from the Black & White era sets. Oh, and some of the Pikachu from the Pikachu World Collection. I'm passively on the hunt for a Japanese 7-11 set of this collection because it has one of the Pikachu cards I don't have yet.

I also have a Japanese full-art Meloetta EX from the Shiny Collection on the way, as well as the full-art Mew EX from that same set and the "normal" Meloetta EX from that set.

And that's off the top of my head, which I think is just about all of them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't have a lot of crazy rare things. Here's just some honorable mentions:

- Misprinted Prerelease Misty's Seadra
- Misprint Neo Genesis Meganium
- 1st Edition shadowless Machamp
- Base Set Charizard
- Celebi * from Crystal Guardians
- That Pirouette forme Meloetta that Don wants :P
- 2 VGC Umbreon promos

I also have some old league badges that my oma gave to me. She ran a hobby shop with her husband and son and would give her granddaughter and I free promos and such all the time. I have a Neo Geneis introduction thing...idk what to call it haha. And I have the stuff that came with the Plasma Storm Elite Trainer Box.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
What constitutes Rare?

I have:

- 2x Base Set Holographic Charizards ★
- 2x Ancient Mew Card
- 1x Promo WB Mewtwo Card "3"
- 1x Promo Mewtwo Card "14"
- 1x Promo Mewtwo Card "12"
- 1x Promo Holographic Meowth Card "10"
- 1x Promo Holographic Mew Card "9"
- 1x Dark Holographic Persian Card "17"
- 1x Promo Electabuzz Card "2"
- 1x Promo Dragonite Card "5"
- 1x Promo Pikachu Card "4"
- 1x Promo Arcanine Card "6"
- 1x Promo Moltres Card "21"
- 1x Promo Articuno Card "22"
- 1x Promo Zapdos Card "23"
- 1x First Edition Rocket's Raichu Holographic ★
- 1x Neo Revelation Shining Magikarp ★★★
- 1x Neo Destiny Shining Tyranitar ★★★

I own all the Base Set holo- and non-holo. I posted an image on here in 2010. Too lazy to root around and find it.

Again, not sure what constitutes "Rare."

Last edited:
Years
My collection

Hello all, this is Note again. I know I am fairly new here, but I wanted to share my collection with everyone here, that way, everyone can see what I have :). But, I would like to know if I could do this, and have it okay-ed by the moderators, just to make sure i'm not posting too many pictures.

But for now, to start off, just going to post my books where my Pokemon reside!

The ones with the drawn Pokemon, I did NOT do, my mother drew those FREEHAND for me when I was a kid collecting them, and is my FAVORITE book to keep my cards in :)

Years
Hello all, this is Note again. I know I am fairly new here, but I wanted to share my collection with everyone here, that way, everyone can see what I have :). But, I would like to know if I could do this, and have it okay-ed by the moderators, just to make sure i'm not posting too many pictures.

But for now, to start off, just going to post my books where my Pokemon reside!

The ones with the drawn Pokemon, I did NOT do, my mother drew those FREEHAND for me when I was a kid collecting them, and is my FAVORITE book to keep my cards in :)

I very much like the art on the binder.

And I've gone ahead and merged your thread with our existing "Share Your Collection" thread.

Years
Ah okay, thank you Donavannj :). I was wondering where it went to :) I've got more pics to upload, but I need to get 15 posts before I can do that :) And thank you for the comment about the binder.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I only started out a couple months ago (at least since way back 10 years ago when I collected before) so my new collection isn't really big yet. but the highlights are as such:

Boundaries Crossed
Spoiler:

Plasma Storm
Spoiler:

Promos
Spoiler:

I'll post more when I find my old set. I have some cool older cards in storage. I'll also be expanding the contents of this post for anything new in these sets, rather than posting more.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I think only these are what I call Rare
Spoiler:

do not really have many rares I guess

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I think only these are what I call Rare
Spoiler:

do not really have many rares I guess
Lucky! I wish I had a Ho-Oh EX! I love Ho-Oh. My Moltres EX is pretty cool though.

Years
Cool Pokemon stuff.

A few old items I've got, that I thought I'd share. Anyone else got any old Pokemon items. I know this isn't strictly Pokemon cards, so apologies.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Ive got the gold plated charizard from burger king, pokeball and sealed certificate of authenticity and everything.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nice stuff! I had that binder ya got there back in the old days. :) Good stuff. Wish I had hung onto it. Had the Thunderstorm box too.

Years
This stuff is all okay because it's TCG-related merchandise. I'll personally allow even pictures of the TCG figurines to be posted since they do come with in the TCG boxes and tins.

I do like what you've got. Kinda jealous of that sealed Rocket booster box!

EDIT: We do have a thread for other general merchandise over in Pokemon General, though, if you want to show off more than just your cards here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=292208

And I've just realized that we do have a thread for this technically in the TCG section here, so I'm going to merge this thread into that one.

Last edited:
Years
Just bought a cool item off ebay. It's 13+ years old. It's not a booster box either. Hopefully going to get a few of the varied ones. I'm sure you'll like it. :)

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
I have only recently started collecting the cards again, after stopping years ago and giving them away to my younger cousin.

So far I'm just starting with the older sets, I have finished Base, Jungle and Fossil, and also have the Pikachu World Collection set (complete in it's original packaging).

I am also now working on the Team Rocket set, in which I currently have Holo Dark Arbok, Holo Dark Charizard, Holo Dark Hypno, Holo Dark Machamp, Holo Dark Magneton, Holo Dark Weezing, Holo Here Comes Team Rocket and Holo Rocket Sneak Attack, and I have an on-going bid for the full collection of Southern Islands cards complete in there original folder.

I'm not 100% decided on how far I'm really wanting to go with this collection, I know I want to finish at least the first Gen series (which means I have the rest of Team Rocket to go, as well as Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge, and possibly even Base 2), but I also am very much enjoying collecting them so I do think I'll probably continue to collect them , possibly even go for a full collection.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Here's the 13 cards I got between my birthday last month and now:

940974_594136323937379_624969513_n.jpg
8769_606960282654983_344255726_n.jpg
934080_607181075966237_141626207_n.jpg
969101_610192265665118_1609137111_n.jpg
946261_609134369104241_1686178911_n.jpg
1006112_611421928875485_458030814_n.jpg
600498_610192308998447_1942624605_n.jpg
600524_606960789321599_465562078_n.jpg