• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Medals/Achievements Returning?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Medals are okay but boring thanks to the annoying man. Maybe just if they were automatically added to your medal case as they were achieved and it flashed with a "1, 2, 63" unchecked, kind of like an iPhone. I'd like to avoid speaking to the annoying man.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
The medal system did seem like a fun thing but I didn't focus on it too much. It was fun to receive a medal or two in B2W2 so yeah, I do want it back!

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I liked the medal system, gave ya more to do through the whole game than just catch all the mons, I'd like to see it return.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Honestly, I just want some sort of item that tracks achievements I've earned as I earn them. A little popup textbox and a sound effect is enough for me. I didn't like that I couldn't count the number of medals I had easily, and there wasn't really any "nerd pride" for getting a large number of them because they were pretty forgettable. I also didn't like being medal bombed by not visiting the NPC for a while. I also want more obscure achievements or optional achievements that aren't obvious.
Ugh, I agree, I think we do need a little sound effect or something to notify us that we earned an achievement/medal.

I hope this medal feature returns because I love completing things. I just hope that we don't have any crazy medals like [mocking voice]"play a funfest mission with 30 people[/mocking voice] or [mocking voice]pass by 1000 people[/mocking voice]. Because seriously, these were ridiculous. Why won't 5 people playing a funfest mission be enough? And why not pass by 100 people instead of 1000?... I will never get all the medals because of these two and I really don't have that thing for collecting that many medals in this game when I know I can't win them all.

I say, yes, bring the medal system back, but don't give us any ridiculously annoying medals that we have to rely on others to win them. At least they could let us make the funfest missions online.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm getting a bit trophy obsessed on my PS3 so I'd love to see them bring the Medals back. I'm going for beating the E4 with the seventeen different types right now and honestly it adds a LOT to the post-storyline gameplay that many games lacked before.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 31, 2016
I didn't even notice when I gained medals in White 2, just to be plain out honest. However, I wouldn't mind its return....IF...Nintendo gets their act together and implements a system update where they have some achievements for all games...kinda like XBOX Live or PSN. People love nerd bragging rights. If Nintendo did this, people would spend DAYS on 3DS instead of DAYS on XBL.

Years
God, Medals. I forget how many things B2W2 introduced.

I wouldn't mind seeing Medals make a return (or at least an achievement system) but I agree that the manner in which they were given to the player could have been better. I'd like to see some kind of pop-up system for it AS you met the acheivement. Like, after saving for the 10th/50th time or whatever, just a little message saying "Medal dnoaifhdoaiufh" or whatever.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I'm always agree and open to Medal and Achievement idea :D
It gives hardcore player even more targetsto achieve, which is a good thing

Ugh, I agree, I think we do need a little sound effect or something to notify us that we earned an achievement/medal.

I hope this medal feature returns because I love completing things. I just hope that we don't have any crazy medals like [mocking voice]"play a funfest mission with 30 people[/mocking voice] or [mocking voice]pass by 1000 people[/mocking voice]. Because seriously, these were ridiculous. Why won't 5 people playing a funfest mission be enough? And why not pass by 100 people instead of 1000?... I will never get all the medals because of these two and I really don't have that thing for collecting that many medals in this game when I know I can't win them all.

I say, yes, bring the medal system back, but don't give us any ridiculously annoying medals that we have to rely on others to win them. At least they could let us make the funfest missions online.
Completely agree, especially on the sound notification. because you know, the sound achievement notification *bling is one of the most beautiful sound when you heart them :P
And yes, it was pretty damned annoying when you have to visit the Medal Man just to check which ever medal you've just got. And I'll always say no to online related medal.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
I didn't really focus much on the medal system at all as the game did not persistently remind you of its presence. Perhaps you see the medal master when you reach the poke center that's all. Wasn't very successful I believe

Back