• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010
Follow Me Pikachu

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Well it's been almost a week since you said you had made a script where a sprite follows you but couldn't get it to follow you from map to map. I can easily make a sprite follow you from map to map but can't get the following to work.

If you could post a copy of how you got your script to work then it would be a great help. I have seen a few other people say they would like to see it too.

So please post a copy soon or accept that maybe you were wrong and sprites can't follow you.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
0m3GA ARS3NAL

Well it's been almost a week since you said you had made a script where a sprite follows you but couldn't get it to follow you from map to map. I can easily make a sprite follow you from map to map but can't get the following to work.

If you could post a copy of how you got your script to work then it would be a great help. I have seen a few other people say they would like to see it too.

So please post a copy soon or accept that maybe you were wrong and sprites can't follow you.

I want to see how you did it.
Any videos?
Also, I don't have the script anymore, lol, I deleted it a long time ago since it was a waste of time.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
is there any way to add songs from ruby into fire red but without replacing the songs of fire red?
because emerald uses songs from ruby and from fire red so I'm wondering if that's possible somehow...

Look in the documents and tutorials section.

the ??? pokemon on yape have only 1 move tackle and I can't add more moves,why?

Because there's a table of moves which has to be repointed for Pokemon to learn more moves.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This may be "out-there", but, can someone post a complete list of all the voicegroups avaliable in Pokemon Ruby? I'm adding music from Final Fantasy IV, VI, and a Sonic advance game, but they don't sound correct. I haven't found a single tutorial anywhere on the internet for this kind of a list.

Magnius made one, which can be found in the documents and tutorials section. :3

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Can anyone tell me where can I find indexed sprites of sinnoh(d/p)
elite 4 and champion (cynthia) which can be inserted using advance trainer??

I searched it but could find only Sinnoh pokemon sprite pack, No trainers sprite pack.

School days again...
Years
Can anyone tell me where can I find indexed sprites of sinnoh(d/p)
elite 4 and champion (cynthia) which can be inserted using advance trainer??

I searched it but could find only Sinnoh pokemon sprite pack, No trainers sprite pack.

Or you're gonna index it by yourself:
First you need to resize it if it is needed, here's the tutorial:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=140836
Second you index it, here's the tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146903

Hope it helps. If you want the sprites that are indexed already, PM me.

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010
I want to see how you did it.
Any videos?
Also, I don't have the script anymore, lol, I deleted it a long time ago since it was a waste of time.

We'll as I said I can't get it to follow you (can't move) but if you could try and remember how you did it and give me some tips then that would be great.

Thanks

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
I can't even begin to think of a good search term for this problem.

I'm trying to get a simple "hello world" script to work. At first, the sprite that I applied the script to wouldn't even show up on the screen. Next, I tried to change the offset of an existing sprite, but it kept saying the same thing.

Now, I have the sprite on-screen (somehow), and it will not talk.

I used to know how to do this, and this is getting really frustrating.

This is what the script looks like when it is decompiled:

'---------------
#org 0x800000
msgbox 0x880000A MSG_FACE '"Hello World!"
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80000A
= Hello World!

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Im so damn confused! So so so so so so confused!

How do i make Porygon the only available starter pokemon without battling the Zigzagoon and still make sure that the Prof. Birch lab scripts still works?! (Sapphire!)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Im so damn confused! So so so so so so confused!

How do i make Porygon the only available starter pokemon without battling the Zigzagoon and still make sure that the Prof. Birch lab scripts still works?! (Sapphire!)

Change the zigzagoon event to a custom event and have it warping to the Prof.'s lab afterwards.

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
What are offsets that the Spinning Pokeballs (When you battle and send out a pokemon - the pokeball it comes out of is what I mean) can be found? And are they uncompressed or compressed?

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
How can we rename a town using Advance map ?

I dont want to create a new one just rename a a town already there

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Things this simple I advise reading a read me, and being independent. if you are independent with more of the basic issues things will go a lot faster.
But if you are lazy(Like I know I can be at times) go to header view and edit the name and click save XD

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Change the zigzagoon event to a custom event and have it warping to the Prof.'s lab afterwards.

What program can I use to just do that?! PKSVUI will only change the zigzagoon event back!

And i meant when Prof. Birch leaves, you have to go to LITTLEROOT TOWN to get to his lab!

Actually, im thinking of someone in your room GIVING the Porygon! How do you do that?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
What program can I use to just do that?! PKSVUI will only change the zigzagoon event back!

And i meant when Prof. Birch leaves, you have to go to LITTLEROOT TOWN to get to his lab!

Actually, im thinking of someone in your room GIVING the Porygon! How do you do that?
Advance-Map, XSE and FreeSpaceFinder.
Download all these from HackMew's Toolbox, then go read diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
where is the tutorial?

That?! Nu-uh! I will not try #raw's!

In fact, this is EXTREMELY hard! The msgbox 0x(whatever) is different from the hex code! I dont know what to do with that!

Last edited:

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I created a new map over one of the routes(route 131) in ruby game

But whenever i try to insert the map over the route map( i insert keeping the header same as that of the route)the map always gets inserted in littleroot town (starting town)

Although in game, the new map is accesible but when i enter that map it shows littleroot town
on top (if a change the name the name of the first town littleroot also changes)

Can anyone help
I have a saved the map(as txt file) so i dont want to remake the whole map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back