• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I decided to add this to the first post:
I am no longer accepting helpers.

Here's why:
*SO MANY PEOPLE ARE PMing ME SUCKY SPRITES IT'S SO ANNOYING
*I don't have the free time to edit and assemble into sheets every sprite that people post (not to mention that, not to sound cocky or anything, but I'm going to be brutally honest, no one's resizing skills match mine, and it's actually harder for me to fix someone's crappy sprite when I can just start over from scratch)
*My brain doesn't have the memory capacity to keep track of every sprite that someone posts
*Dear people that keep PMing me with sucky sprites, STOP PMING ME.
*Also I'm probably going to make some changes to my "master sheets" (the sheets I've made containing 80x80 versions of this project), due to the Black 2 & White 2 sprites being ripped probably by tomorrow

On a more cheery note:
003-1.png

012-1.png

019-1.png

020-1.png

022.png

023.png

568.png

569.png

570.png

571.png

572.png

:D

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Now that's not completely fair. I think I outdid myself with Swellow, and the rest are pretty good too.

On the other hand, the gender differences make me ask a question: which sprite are you using in your rombase hack?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Now that's not completely fair. I think I outdid myself with Swellow, and the rest are pretty good too.
There's lots of outlining issues that I'm picky about. Such as the smoothness of the yellow part of Surskit's backsprite, and Swellow's backsprite has lots of weird outlining descisions. It's just because I like "smooth" things, and I've been spriting since 2006, and I see things in yours and others sprites that don't artistically make sense.

And in reality, the rules haven't really changed. If someone posts a decent sprite & wants me to use it, sure I'll still use it. "If your sprite sucks I won't use it. Simple as that". But it's annoying when someone posts a crappy sprite, then I ignore it, then people keep PMing me "hey did you see my sprite" (I'm not talking about anyone in particular, several people have done that, and it's annoying). This is my project and I have the right to want high-quality sprites.

On the other hand, the gender differences make me ask a question: which sprite are you using in your rombase hack?
My 649 rom base will have gender differences.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
And in reality, the rules haven't really changed. If someone posts a decent sprite & wants me to use it, sure I'll still use it. "If your sprite sucks I won't use it. Simple as that". But it's annoying when someone posts a crappy sprite, then I ignore it, then people keep PMing me "hey did you see my sprite" (I'm not talking about anyone in particular, several people have done that, and it's annoying). This is my project and I have the right to want high-quality sprites.

Alright, I understand where you're going with this. (Un)fortunately your standards are so high you cannot but rely solely on yourself.
I'll still be following this thread, and thanks for the service you're doing for the community. I wish you the best of luck.

cmbeke

Just Plain Crazy
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2017
Well I enjoy making these and if you use them you use them, so here's another.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
Another big sprite dump

For some reason I keep forgetting to post sprites here. Anyway have a whole boat load.
Spoiler:

As you can see I stopped just going in order and started picking and choosing sprites to do. Hopefully you can make use of these, at least the ones that are just resizes. I'll probably be on a bit of a spriting binge for a bit so I should make rather quick progress.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
@Jambo51: In case you weren't aware, a lot of times I'll update without actually making a new post saying "hey guys I updated". If you check the first post, you'll see that I have up to Boldore completed, even though I never actually posted saying "hey guys I made Boldore". I'm just saying this because I saw in your Live Beta that you inserted up to Pidove, which was the last sprite I made a new post about. So just keep checking the first post and you'll see new sprites.

can you do a pawniward and bisharp soon my pawniward look like crap and bisharps not the best

Chaos i humbly ask to use your magic powers to make a Pawniward and Bishap sprite

@Wiznatts Zoraack and bisharp thank you
Now, I know that I'm not a mod or anything, but can you please stop spamming? And stop posting in this thread, thank you. No where in the rules does it say you're allowed to make requests - the only person allowed to make requests is Jambo51, because of his 649 project.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
652.png

653.png

654.png

I'm posting to explain why the placement of the Klink-parts are different from the B/W backsprites: In the B/W backsprites, they're on the wrong side, so it's anatomically incorrect. I've corrected it by moving the Klink part to the right, where it was left in the original. As for the slight difference in shiny colors between corresponding parts on Klang and Klinklang, that's because it's also like that in B/W, but I didn't want to change it in case it screws up the 16-color limit.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Looks great ^.^
1 question:
I thought you will do first the 1st, the 2nd and 3rd generation?
A little bit confused ;D
Did you change your plans?
And again: Good luck, I will enjoy xD
I wish i would be good at spriting, I would help you.
Well, I'm only good at 5th and 4th generation.
BlacknYellowHD

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
I think he is doing the 5th gen first because there are no good sprites for them and no back sprites whats so ever, then doing the first three gens for better looking sprites.

Since the release of pokemon black/white 2, i have been updating my kyurem form sprites. I have just redone the front sprite of white kyurem

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Looks great ^.^
1 question:
A little bit confused ;D
And again: Good luck, I will enjoy xD
I wish i would be good at spriting, I would help you.
Well, I'm only good at 5th and 4th generation.
BlacknYellowHD

Gonna agree with kyle on this. Since the first three gens are already in the gba games it makes more sense to start with gens 4 and 5, those are the ones most people will want to be able to use at the moment.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
1 question:
A little bit confused ;D
Does it matter? I can do both. I'm doing Gen I and V right now.

Since the release of pokemon black/white 2, i have been updating my kyurem form sprites. I have just redone the front sprite of white kyurem
Not that there's anything wrong with your White Kyurem, but I specifically want them to be posed like the boxart.

For instance, here is my WIP Black Kyurem:
546akj.png
2rw8huq.png

They're still WIP because I'm not satisfied with all of the outlining, but my main point is that I was planning on having White Kyurem posed like the White 2 box art, because I posed Black Kyurem like the Black 2 boxart.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
i understand, ill sprite the box art of white kyurem later. i was redoing them anyway because black 2 and white 2 came out.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
i understand, ill sprite the box art of white kyurem later. i was redoing them anyway because black 2 and white 2 came out.
You really don't have to. I didn't like your earlier Kyurem sprites, and chances are I won't like your new one if you make a custom one either... just saving you the trouble of doing them.

And I wasn't kidding when I said I'm not accepting helpers.

(and to make the post relevant, I have added up to Excadrill)

iPika

Crytec
Years
Not to force you or bug you or anything but when will the approximate release of Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure be? No pressure man! Keep up the good work.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
These are amazing, and are sure to be a great resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back