• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Tevez is a mercenary, always have been and always will be. He hops around high-budgeted (rich) or big clubs only to complain and demand an exit after one season or two at most. He is a good player, but I never liked him. The sooner he retires, the better.

On another note, anyone watching the friendly games? I'm going to watch LA Galaxy versus Real Madrid, which should be interesting. I want to see the big-money spending players in action.

And to answer jackblaze's question: of course. Messi and Ronaldo are a legacy amongst the younger generation. Trying to play like Messi or Ronaldo gives them a bit of motivation to improve and enhance their abilities.

Years
Tevez is a mercenary, always have been and always will be. He hops around high-budgeted (rich) or big clubs only to complain and demand an exit after one season or two at most. He is a good player, but I never liked him. The sooner he retires, the better.

On another note, anyone watching the friendly games? I'm going to watch LA Galaxy versus Real Madrid, which should be interesting. I want to see the big-money spending players in action.

Exactly, we (United) agreed to pay £25million for him to a greedy agent rather than a club when he was effectively unattached and he had only been our third choice in the previous season. I think that shows a great loyalty from the club to Tevez, he refuses because he wants more money and jumps ship to our local rivals. The fact that he even agreed to join that suspicious agency shows that he is a mecenary.

It is odd that you should bring up going to see friendly games because my friend has just asked about going to a Middlesbrough vs PSV game. £5 seems like a good price for that match-up. :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Argentina were kncked off the Copa América by Uruguay. 1-1, 4-5 in the penalty shootout after Tévez (I swear i read that name somewhere in this thread) missed his try.

They'll face Peru, who beat Colombia in the extra time (fun fact: the tournament has been nicknamed the 'Tie Cup'). The second Peruvian goal is worth watching, if only to laugh at the horrible mess the Colombian keeper started.

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Argentina were heavily underperforming in this cup. The fixture was pretty close, but after Uruguay's sent-off, I expected Argentina to exploit that. I'm happy they lost, though. Tevez missing that penalty made my day.

This will surely increase Brazil's chances of winning that cup, and maybe give a boost of confidence to the underdogs of this competition. I'm routing for Uruguay or Chile to lift the cup, though.

Real Madrid beat L.A Galaxy, 4-1. They played more like a team in this game.

Years
I totally ignore Copa America(it just isn't worth watching) and I watched the woman world cup finals today and it was a better match than I have seen in Copa and must admit that both of the teams played well enough to win. Congrats to Japan

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
Well, the Corinthians have withdrawn their offer for Tevez. That boy won't be happy there for another season, I do wonder what he will do.

Years
Someone else will come in for him.

I suspect City will be willing to sell him for a more reasonable price when they realise that he'll only be sat in the reserves all season if they don't.

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
I agree.
He wasn't exactly thrilled to be playing for them half way through the season and the obvious cracks were showing in the relationship between him and the manager. He will obviously be signed by a team in a hot country! XD

Years
Considering he said he wouldn't go back to Manchester even for a holiday, I'm guessing he won't be going back.

Chances are he'll just buy out his contract if there are no other options.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I just want to Agüero to leave already and give us the cash. It's getting too annoying, and with that money we could get Rossi from Villarreal to fill in the spot and still get extra money. It's getting waaaaay too boring already and he has ruined most his reputation. If he must go, then it's fine, but he should stop saying that he doesn't care about us anymore. Cesc is handling it wonderfully well in comparison.

Years
Since it is too early for a World Cup thread, might as well just post the results of the draws in here. For the EU:

Group I: Spain, France, Belarus, Georgia, Finland
Group H: ENGLAND, Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, San Marino
Group G: Greece, Slovakia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lithuania, Latvia, Lichtenstein
Group F: Portugal, Russia, Israel, NORTHERN IRELAND, Azerbaijan, Luxembourg
Group E: Norway, Slovenia, Switzerland, Albania, Cyprus, Iceland.
Group D: Netherlands, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Estonia, Andorra.
Group C: Germamy, Sweden, Republic of Ireland, Austria, Faroe Islands, Kazakhstan.
Group B: Italy, Denmark, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Armenia, Malta.
Group A: Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, SCOTLAND, Macedonia, WALES

England have a pretty good group! :3​

Years
Here's me hoping Lithuania will advance through their group.

Oh wow, neighbours Latvia are in our group aswell, farewell Latvia!

Years
Since it is too early for a World Cup thread, might as well just post the results of the draws in here. For the EU:

Group I: Spain, France, Belarus, Georgia, Finland
Group H: ENGLAND, Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, San Marino
Group G: Greece, Slovakia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lithuania, Latvia, Lichtenstein
Group F: Portugal, Russia, Israel, NORTHERN IRELAND, Azerbaijan, Luxembourg
Group E: Norway, Slovenia, Switzerland, Albania, Cyprus, Iceland.
Group D: Netherlands, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Estonia, Andorra.
Group C: Germamy, Sweden, Republic of Ireland, Austria, Faroe Islands, Kazakhstan.
Group B: Italy, Denmark, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Armenia, Malta.
Group A: Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, SCOTLAND, Macedonia, WALES

England have a pretty good group! :3

We'll say that and then suddenly the 'shock' defeats to Montenegro and Ukraine come in and we'll end up struggling to qualify.

At least we have Moldova & San Marino to put a few past.

MikeyOak

Gary Oak wannabe
Years
England are already struggling to top a group with Montenegro in, even though we have been playing really well. Montenegro have been a surprise package in qualifying.
And this world cup draw isnt great for England unlike other groups there are 4 teams that can realistically top the group, Poland and Ukraine have good teams that have maybe not been at the top level recently but have qualified for past world cups.

Years
Poland & Ukraine could come off the back of a successful euro 2012 tournament too since it will be on their own turf.

The Championship starts on Saturday. Going to the Boro v Portsmouth game.

Soon after of course everything will have kicked off. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back