• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
I'm not sure if I should be asking this question here, but I don't know where to put it, so... when I open some of the files in elitemap (like unLZ gba), a window pops up and says "the dynamic link library gdiplus.dll could not be found in the specified path..." and then it says the specifed path. Is it something I'm doing wrong, or is it just my computer? thanks in advance

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
You are probably missing some of the Application Extensions, try downloading the gdiplus.dll and put it in the same directory as the elitemap folder.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
cooley said:
What do you input for "2-byte"?

How do you add a map for Gold?

How do you add/edit peoples Scripts in Gold?

Please answer. Thanks for posting the connections format.

1. The 2-byte is the pointer...

2. You would have to repoint the map then add in a new map by copying another map and adding in events using hex.

3. Most of people's talking script begin with [4C][1stPointer to text][2nd Pointer to text] if that helps, the scripting document you put up before should really help.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Is there some way to change the PokeDex Info of a Pokemon in FR/LG? Becuase Dexter is for R/S. I haven't found anything yet, but I was wondering if that was possible?

the-ben

A bit of a nerd
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
I tried to build this cave but when i enter the cave ( via the bottom entrance ) the player faces down apposed to up and i cant exit the cave the way i came in. can anyone see the problem from one of the screen shots.

66kh54g.jpg
67f5b4i.jpg
67njblz.jpg

Last edited:

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
And you enter the cave from the bottom? Thats werid. Maybe it has something to do with your Warp Points?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I tried to build this cave but when i enter the cave ( via the bottom entrance ) the player faces down apposed to up and i cant exit the cave the way i came in. can anyone see the problem from one of the screen shots.

66kh54g.jpg
67f5b4i.jpg
67njblz.jpg

That's because you used the block in the blue circle in the image in front of the cave exit. If you want the player to look up when you enter the cave and be able to exit the cave you have to use the block in the red circle just for the block in front of the cave exit where the warp is.

untitledfu8.png

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I figured so too.. But then if so, what would I look for?

The Pokédex entries start at 0x44E84E (FR US v1.0) and they follow the National Dex order.
Each one is 36 byte long and the structure is the following:

Code:
[0000][Type (12 bytes)][Height in decimeters (2 bytes)][Weight in hectograms (2 bytes)]
[Description pointer 1 (4 bytes)][Description pointer 2 (4 bytes)][0000]
[Trainer scale (2 bytes)][Trainer offset (2 bytes)][Pokémon scale (2 bytes)][Pokémon offset (2 bytes)]

Let's see Mewtwo's entry, found at 0x44FD68 (FR US v1.0):

Code:
[0000][C1BFC8BFCEC3BDFF00000000][1400][C404]
[52894408][B6894408][0000]
[1401][FFFF][5601][0500]

Each part is swapped except for the Pokémon type which is in clear text.
Description pointer 2 is unused in FR/LG and points to an End of String character (0xFF).
In this care the first description pointer points to 0x448952 where, using tables, you can see:

Code:
A POKéMON whose genetic code was repeatedly recombined for research.\nIt turned vicious as a result.[FF]

NightonEX

The Apple iSuck Fan!
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2007
Umm...does anyone know how to ADD Pokedex thingies in Fire Red.. meaning:

386: DEOXYS
387: CHIMCHAR

Cause I wanna add (not edit) the Sinnoh Pokes. And I know it probably isnt simple....Thanks to anyone that tries or does help!

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
help

i mean how do i place a warp to get somewhere in the game eg. from little root to lilycove also the closest thing to pokeroms which i found is pokeroms configue settings how do i use it

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
i mean how do i place a warp to get somewhere in the game eg. from little root to lilycove also the closest thing to pokeroms which i found is pokeroms configue settings how do i use it

also can you give me a turtiol of how to do it if yo u can't give me a turtiol just tell me how to do the things metioned above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back