• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taka6

wtf?
Years
  • Age 35
  • here
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
ok when i start p a-mart i get this (see thumbnail) does any one know how to fix this ( i tried to run it with compatability with windows 95 )

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I've spoken about how I've started a gsc map recently and I've searched and still failed so can someone plz help me find a goldmap tutorial and a good gsc scripting prgrm and not a hex translator unless its the only choice

hypermonkey

N008 H4CK3R
Years
I've been searching everywhere and I couldn't find a post... can someone tell me how to extract or export music from a GBA rom(Pokemon Emerald). The only guides I found were how to import music or edit them. What I need to know is what tools do I need to export music from Pokemon Emerald and how to use them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
ok when i start p a-mart i get this (see thumbnail) does any one know how to fix this ( i tried to run it with compatability with windows 95 )

There is a very easy solution to this. Go on google and search the name of the missing file and download it. Remember to put the file in P-Mart. Hopefully, it should then work.

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
Hi! Sorry for all the questions, but does anyone know what the Unlz offset for the Emerald Titlescreen tile map is? You know, the Rayquaza on the title screen, I know it is the hardest, but I can do it if I have access to the tile map, any help?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
What are the offsets in TLP for pokemon gold for:
1) the black writing screen with Nintendo, Gamefreak and Creatures or w/e it is right when you start up
and
2) the gamefreak screen (the one where the star flys across and the gamefreak logo comes up with 'GameFreak presents'

thnks

Years
Bug about SS-Anne?
Hej, Now I'm a bit back in modding... But I need to ask about a bug i have been getting the last days... It's that the game restart when i walk at some point of SS-Anne, Not all, but just some different places evey time. Like some times, it's when i walk out of a room, or walk at a special point... It's the same in the rom, but evey time I take a new rom, and do the smallest change in it, then it don't work..?
With restart I mean show the nitendo Logos, and Intro Stuff, and then I can Chose New game, or load...
There is not a script there or any thing...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Bug about SS-Anne?
Hej, Now I'm a bit back in modding... But I need to ask about a bug i have been getting the last days... It's that the game restart when i walk at some point of SS-Anne, Not all, but just some different places evey time. Like some times, it's when i walk out of a room, or walk at a special point... It's the same in the rom, but evey time I take a new rom, and do the smallest change in it, then it don't work..?
With restart I mean show the nitendo Logos, and Intro Stuff, and then I can Chose New game, or load...
There is not a script there or any thing...

Sounds like something is causing a fatal error
when that happens on G/S you get a wierd palette aswell :)

anybody know if this
3478nlg.jpg
trainer is actually used in Gold or not?
i need something to replace with Lawrence III but i dont know if anything is unused
how can i add room for another trainer sprite?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hello.

I have a problem with overworld editor RE. When i change the pallete of the OW it dosnt change in game. for example green in the editor appears blue in game. I hope sombody can help me with this.

link

EDIT: I tryed hex editing the pallete but still it dodnt do it. i'm beggining to think that if hex editing dosnt work then what will!

Last edited:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
hello.

I have a problem with overworld editor RE. When i change the pallete of the OW it dosnt change in game. for example green in the editor appears blue in game. I hope sombody can help me with this.

link

EDIT: I tryed hex editing the pallete but still it dodnt do it. i'm beggining to think that if hex editing dosnt work then what will!

maybe if you just keep going and work out what colours you get in game for the colour in the editor then you can do it using the editor?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
does anyone know th escript id (message raw command ect.) to make a cell phone appear in the script?

nate443556

Upstart Programmer
Years
How do I change where Oak moves in the beginning sequence in Pallet Town after he stops you from going in the grass? Leaf Green

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
How do I change where Oak moves in the beginning sequence in Pallet Town after he stops you from going in the grass? Leaf Green
If you want to change the movements that he makes then you need to use a hex editor and manually edit the script to your likings.

It would be easier to make your own script.

nate443556

Upstart Programmer
Years
Well what exactly would I look for in the Hex Editor that dictates Oak's movement?

If it's easier, how would I create a new script for him? I know how to assign it in advanced map, but I don't see how making a whole new script in a hex editor would be easier than editing one, unless there is a tool for that...?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Sounds like something is anybody know if this
3478nlg.jpg
trainer is actually used in Gold or not?
i need something to replace with Lawrence III but i dont know if anything is unused
how can i add room for another trainer sprite?
That's Will, from the Elite Four. If you want to overwrite a sprite you can probably replace Oak instead.

Years
Hi All Not Sure where to post this but im currently creating a pokemon diamond/pearl learnable attack editor and i was wondering how would i add more attacks that a poke can learn ie say bulbasaur can learn 14 attacks i would like to change it so bulbasaur can learn 20 or so attacks ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back